Do you plan to quit? Have you? How? ✈

Do you plan to quit? Have you already? How? :airplane:

With the announcement of what is soon to come (New Aethers, Aether Summoning Portal, Aether Powers - 🧪 Early Information on Aether Summon [Part of The Beta Beat v56] / 🧪 Early Information on Aether Powers [Part of The Beta Beat v56] / 2nd Aethers Discussion (Poll) ) - there have been many stating, that this is the end for them, and they are going to quit the game.

So, I couldn´t help but wonder…

Do you plan to quit?

Have you already?

How?

Do you feed away all your heroes and never look back?

Do you quit ‘cold turkey’?

Do you just cut back on your spending?

Do you just cut back on your time spend in the game?

Or something entirely different?

What was the final straw?

Thank you in advance for sharing. :100:

I´ll just take the opportunity to thank all our beta testers once more for voicing their oppinion and fighting hard to prevent this from happening, even though your feedback has not been listened to by SG.
Thank you again :cherry_blossom::tulip::ribbon:

6 Likes

Maybe poll would be appropriate to signify SG, how much these new proposed aethers are harming playerbase // and to hopefully change their plans…

2 Likes

No plans yet.

No, it is already 0 :slight_smile: (and it was always like this :smiley: )

Maybe I willl see.

9 Likes

Same replies
&
Only 2nd point = cut down spending & work on heroes I already got….

5 Likes

I don’t plan to quit.
I don’t really care about new aethers or new heroes. I just play events I like, the rest I skip.
There is one thing that could make this game boring and uninteresting for me - lack of new heroes to work on. So far I have many heroes or costumes to work on, so I’m good.

5 Likes

Eventually.

I’m stingy enough as it is! :laughing:

Life circumstances will dictate the time I spend playing regardless of how I feel about the game.

More generally, I just leave games when I get bored of them. Some games I leave early as I foresee the limits of progression and don’t think the grind is worth it. Unless new players have a bit more summon luck, I would imagine E&P would be a game I’d drop fairly early if I was starting to play it now.

3 Likes

I am f2p since the beginning, have played this game for about 5 years, and am starting to feel bored

Still play this game daily but cut the spending time a lot. Only do something that can be autoplayed or with minimal effort. I will quit it naturally until i find another more interesting things. Otherwise just laidback playing in my own alliance where there is no rules

1 Like

I wanna quit, but I prefer to wait until see the destruction of this game, certainly

4 Likes

I’m not bothered about what they release now a days. I’m not using aethers much, just playing how I want.

No plans yet

No but planning to cut back from this month.

Maybe if I feel new aethers are making things difficult.

4 Likes

No plans to quit.

The way these aethers will work will mean a slow uptake to all but the big spenders. I don’t keep up with them already.

We’ve collectively decided in my alliance (in Top 100) that we aren’t chasing them. We will get LB2 organically and it takes as long as it takes. If that means people around us decide to spend and we move down a tier then so be it.

To get to 10 super aethers will not be quick so for the VAST majority of the player base very little changes will be seen for quite some time.

I’m a spender, not a small one nor am I a whale. I’m not spending on these so my game life will be pretty the same.

If you have serious issues with willpower and FOMO then 100% walk away now and spare yourself the torment

14 Likes

No plans to quit, and don’t see myself ‘quitting’. I will stop playing when another past time is more interesting. I already have quite a lot of the regular aethers as I don’t have loads of excess resources (personal time included with resources) to level so many heroes to 85/75/55 anyway. Since aethers were introduced I’ve limit broken six 5*, five 4*, and no 3*. Right now I enjoy events that are challenging, yet still on a level that I can accomplish with my current (which aren’t the super great) heroes. So even without using a lot of aethers anyway, I still enjoy what I can do. If that changes and I don’t enjoy it so much anymore, I have no problem moving on. I don’t have a problem leaving the movie theater when the show is over.

3 Likes

No plans to quit … I love the folk in my alliance and the friends I have made on the Forum too much. The game itself has basically become secondary to the social network I treasure.

I spend a little, but not very much, and will continue the same path. Not interested in being Top 100 and just play as little or a much as I feel like depending on what else is going on in my life.

I’ll just shrug my shoulders and take anything that SG cares to throw at me!

:pirate_flag:

7 Likes

I have plans to quit when i reach level 100, currently at 96 and 28% of the way to 97. However I doubt my ability to properly quit the game as I have invested so much time (mainly) and money (some but not massive amounts when compared to the time I have enjoyed playing it). I certainly won’t be going down in a ball of flames feeding my 5* to bane :slight_smile:
If the second aethers result in an impossible task to win in wars and raids then it will certainly accelerate my exit.

My main frustration with the game is that they alienate players with stupid decisions and ridiculously low pull rates. Everyone talks about the big bucks chasing heroes. However I can’t help but think the C2P and P2P (not the whales) people would spend more if they got some decent heroes as they would invest in the feeders, hams mats and aethers etc more heavily.

The free gifts are nice but they aren’t exactly generous with them, and the balance of materials has never been changed. What exactly am I supposed to do with 79,000 common herbs and why is crude iron so much harder to collect than orichalcum nuggets smh!

However there are some massive positives, my favorite is the fated summons, that has definitely improved my experience and without it I would probably have already quit.

2 Likes

I currently have no plans to quit. I generally take all the forum angst over new “improvements” with a grain of salt (despite some negative comments I do make here and there). Towers are a good example. I despise them, they take up waaay too much time so I just ignore them (or maybe do first 15-20 stages if I have spare time). Same with Mythic Titans and Alliance Quests. Eventually the power creep will create too much disparity and I will quit. Likely when my progress starts going backwards (it hasn’t yet although it has stalled a few times). But I will just say good bye and stop playing. No dramatics. I initially gave the game 6 months (5 years ago) :astonished:

OMG the free time I will suddenly recover! I’ll be lost :rofl:

We will see what happens with the new aethers. That may or may not prove to be the proverbial straw.

I have never spent much on the game, a few Rudolph’s gift for the second builder, the gift your alliance gem deals, a couple add hero slots deals, in one moment of complete insanity the first POV.

3 Likes

Little off topic, but wanted to put it here as many are using the new Alpha Aethers to predict game’s demise…

I knocked off multiple defences of all 5 heroes @ L90 during the previous beta… using my same old team… I have tom-tomed about…

• Enjoyed stealing LudwiG starting taunt & all starting buffs… with Hatter.
  • While the stats are high due to L90, the game is still dependent on Hero / Troop combo to power the tiles which are the key & hence a higher thinking play will be the key instead of straight on power-play.

SG has thrown a challenge = CHANGE, and first reactions towards any CHANGE is hostile … I am no different… felt the same irritation.

• When my initial charge settled… I again saw this as a game, which is supposed to be a CHALLENGE & not an auto-play that many players see it as… & proudly mention how they auto play the latest season maps and many quests which most players find difficult to clear.

I don’t see this game CRASHING, though few will leave in a HUFF … though might still secretly play :wink:

Cheers to the craZY game …most of us enjoy & love to criBB about :rofl:

7 Likes

We like to look at car wrecks why would we quit? Oh wait we get to be in the car wreck

2 Likes

I went with full account removal, last straw was the announced 2ndary aethers. Almost 4 years, 135 levels, 512/711 heroes, 119 LB 5*. I had fun, met a lot of cool people, seen many go. It’s been a great ride.

2 Likes

After about 4 years, I still enjoy the game just as much or more than when I started, so no plans to quit. I’m a daily 2 hours+ player, and have no plans to reduce playing time so long as I enjoy playing, and while I do not consider myself a big spender, I currently see no reason to not continue to spend from my entertainment budget on a past time that has brought, and continues to bring, so much entertainment to me daily.

Will people who spend more than me have better rosters than me? Sure, but that’s been true since I started, and new content of any sort being added won’t change that.

LB2 and aether skills are not going change wars significantly, if at all, for a casual non-competitive alliance like mine, particularly with the win-until-you-lose / lose-until-you-win matchmaking system currently in place. Nor do I expect them to strongly negatively impact my customary filling of a daily raid chest, beyond possibly taking a few additional flags and a few more rerolls. I’ve never used my daily allotment of raid flags, so I don’t consider that gamebreaking. For events with leaderboards, I don’t expect LB2 to impact the number of players capable of posting scores higher than me. Overall scores may inflate, but I doubt that will drastically change whether or not I finish among, say, the top 10000 players for a set event.

And lastly, I will point out that a great deal of my 2+ hours played a day have nothing to do with the psuedo-pvp elements of the game. Most of the time I’m doing quests, or farming map levels, or using titan flags, all of which are things that would benefit from anything added to the game that would potentially make my heroes better, rather than be negatively impacted.

3 Likes

No plans… The xnol and matilda Nerfs hurt… But i have a decent amount of great heroes… So it doesn’t hit nearly as hard as when telluria and vela were severely needed and my roster stunk.

I’m curious how it will end… I played a sniper game and they let it run… No updates, no new weapons… But… New people come on… Think, cool game, and start playing and spending money not realizing the game is a zombie.

1 Like

No

1 Like