Do you love war or not and why!

Totally agree!!! I think that is the absolute worst!! If you’re not happy there, leave but don’t wait to screw the whole team on your way out!

5 Likes

I enjoy the wars.
The challenge.
The strategy.

But as others have said, if you’re in an alliance you should participate in the war.

And use all your flags.

When I started I even threw my feeders into the war and did my best to use all my flags.

Some alliance members are into it and some just are not. We are all different and maybe that’s what makes a great alliance.

Being able to opt in and out of war is a good option for players. I would like more to utilize that or be committed and use all their flags though.

8 Likes

I love wars. Without wars there really wouldn’t be much social interaction in the game and could almost be a single player game. I know titans also require teamwork but that all settles out easier and requires less communication. I know many have complained about war chests but they have all been good to me. I have gotten 2 4* AI from every chest. Really wish reg war loot was better as I don’t think I have ever gotten anything decent from there.

4 Likes

I love war. Strategy, tactical skills, teamwork, killing. :yum:

If the person doesn’t care enough to pull his/her own weight then why would you need to feel bad about booting? It’s only a game after all and finding a more casual alliance will take a few minutes (seconds?) of work in AR - no damage is done to the player, but you stopped him ruining the work of the other alliance members.

6 Likes

I personally do not like wars as I hate raids as well. War is just another kind of raid to me and with the war specials it is even more hard to kill the opponent.
I don’t like raids/war because it is too much linked to have luck on the board. Even when having stronger team that fits with the chosen heroes perfectly to the enemy you still loose when you are unlucky with the tiles. Too much gambling for me…

2 Likes

I don’t like war cause the defensive bonus is totally stupid.

That’s why I don’t participate to war anymore. This bonus distorts everything & is unfair.

I know, when we got attacked, we also have it. But i’d rather not to have it & ennemies nether.

I love war and particularly like the defensive bonus. It brings a lot of strategy into it.

1 Like

After missing so many good titan heroes, war (and raids) is still a place where i manage to own people with roster much better then mine.

So i love it.

2 Likes

I love the wars. That’s when our alliance feels the most connected. We chat, we coordinate, we support each and offer advice.

The quietest times are when the battlefield scene is gone. You can’t see who is online and players don’t leave random messages if they don’t think they’ll be seen.

Since the addition of the new war score our matches have been much more fairly balanced. Why would we need all our extra heroes if we couldn’t use them in a war?

I often reference the game “before the wars” and then picture myself in a rocking chair on the deck talking to my grandchildren :grin:

3 Likes

I like raids and I like war, but I don’t love it.

Matchmaking has improved and in general I think it’s a fun addition with a lot of flexibility given that individuals can opt out when and if they want to. I also appreciate that the 6 flags are saved and can all be used in the second phase, since not all can necessarily log in during the first 12h, but I don’t like when too many people leave their flags to the last minute, it means less target choice and it irks me when people don’t use their flags.

(That being said, I will probably be guilty of that this war… so heads up @drenai my phone died (bootloop) and I’m not sure if it’s getting replaced or I have to get a new one… so I may not be back for the end of the current war.)

2 Likes

This is an issue over weekends for us.

Lol, if I want to jump ship can you reserve a spot for me Rigs xD

I’m seeing how we go in the next few wars though because I do like my alliance

War is great but it’s difficult when you are the only one strategising and not every one listens.

But I appreciate those in our Alliance who step up and participate in the strategy - it makes all the difference. Eg Red tank strategy is in operation for half our alliance, which is a major improvement compared to complete chaos

Sometimes it’s just up to me and Shalazandra to talk tank strategy and our leaders don’t get involved. Laid back alliance is both good and bad I guess. We do coordinate attacks somewhat though which is a plus.

Overall I enjoy war despite the internal setbacks

2 Likes

I always have a spot for a friend

2 Likes

Simply love guild wars. Gives good change to normal raid/farming/titan routines. Somewhat similar to raiding but when raiding and lose , you are like what ever. When losing in war battle, you are furious :smiley:

2 Likes

I do not enjoy the wars. At all.

I am very happy that SG introduced the individual opt out, which I had asked for in this forum -again and again - since the introduction of the wars. And I immediately availed myself of this option, with the kind permission of my alliance leader.

To me - a 58-year-old lady - the wars are stressful, and the mid week war interferes with my Real Life schedule.

Doing war attacks - which require concentration - late on Wednesday evening or at 6.30 on Thursday morning, immediately after waking up and before getting ready for the work day, that is not my idea of fun or relaxation. On the contrary, that is a stress factor which this mature lady does not need and does not appreciate.

(I am on Central European time, and I have a full time job. Which does require problem solving ability, so I do not need the same stuff in my spare time, thank you very much.)

To my mind, the individual opt out is a great means of customer retention.
It keeps customers in the game who would otherwise have quit because they simply do not appreciate a mobile phone game interfering with their Real Life and robbing them of sleep and rest. Not to mention being annoying. (I can get annoyed at the office if I am so inclined, thank you very much.)

If anybody is inclined to sneer at a lady my age playing a mobile phone game, think again :wink:
The “Silver gamers” (online gamers over 50) are the fastest growing section of gamers in my home country. Financially, we are a force to be reckoned with - because this age group has disposable income, to spend as we please.

And with nice graphics (none of this kiddy cartoon stuff for me, please), nice gameplay and a nice ingame chat in the alliance (I do not frequent Global, only forum and several line chats) , EP is a nice game to play.

Especially when it makes annoying stuff optional.
Which it kindly did with the individual opt out from the wars. Big Thank You to SG!

9 Likes

I beg to differ.
Wars were not part of the game when I first started playing in August 2017, and I most certainly do not appreciate having to bother with them, in order to enjoy the cameraderie of being in an alliance.

Different strokes for different folks.

I am very much in favor of making the individual opt out a real option in alliances. That just might inspire some players to opt out - and thus not harm the alliance by not participating - instead of grudgingly staying in and then simply not showing up.

2 Likes

Wars are the only highly strategic part of the game that requires team effort to be done optimally. It makes the game more social and I really like it aslong as everyone does their part.
Titans arent as strategic (on a multiplayer level) since its just do as much damage as possible

1 Like

Do you love war or not and why!

sorry. couldnt help myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And I do agree with that I guess I should’ve mentioned that opting out of war in our alliance is fine and there is no judgment or condemnation if someone does. I should’ve made my point a little clearer😀 but I do believe that if you don’t opt out that you should use your flags otherwise it hurts the whole alliance. If you opt out then the pairings adjust to that which makes it more fun for everyone!

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone will sneer, dear Anya, E&P has attracted a very broad church.

My alliance was very surprised to find out one of our co-leaders was only 16 :joy: as the rest of us all have jobs and/or families to worry about.

More power to your silver gaming bow :wink:

5 Likes

absolutely, dear!
That is the benefit of the lovely individual opt out.

Sorry for misunderstanding you :blush:

1 Like