Do players know how to use their Heroes?

:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3: I do play sfv my profile is Hatelagswitchers. Any time I’m down for sets. I guess few get me wrong I’m not complaining i’m just saying. :+1:t3::pray:t3::muscle:t3:

Zack I’m sorry the title might come off wrong but I don’t mean no offence to anyone and I don’t spect any either!.

I will agree to disagree. Look I know you are a veteran and experienced player, you have your way and it works for you. GREAT!

NOthing you described sounds like a bad board to me, sounds like rng and can happen regardless of the team you pick. I also win plenty with only having 1 or 2 tiles of my mono team on the board to start.

Point is you have your reasons for not doing mono, and i have mine for doing mono. Doesn’t make mono any lower quality of choice. Its different play styles.

what you are describing is exactly my point, that it is rng. going with a different team because the rng tiles you got didnt work,and with a different board that team would have won. It’s all RNG still.

totally disagree…you need the same level of planning and thinking and strategy. mono itself is a strategy
Statements like this get on my nerves, you all are not better players or can make better teams just because you choose to not go mono. Mono is not a crutch, a gamble, an easier way to make a team, etc etc. It is just one method of play style that deserves the same respect as any other play style

i do the same thing. See I have no problem with any team format. I think they are all equally hard to make and synergize and use, I just feel mono is how the game is designed so I am going to use it.

we are not wrong. neither are you. but telling me I am wrong and adding a god bless is rude and disrespectful

2 Likes

What I usually feel when players say about boards is 2 things. Bad Boards for those who do any form of stacking and Unlucky board for those who do not. If you attack with all elements you never had a Bad board persay as all of your turns generate positive mana gains, damage, synergy and higher skill ceiling especially when you have the roster for some amazing synergy (unless you are debuffed) and in stacking you are generally spent most of your time trying for that one lucky match for x2-5 damage. Both have their play in this game with the latter being a necessary evil in order to complete and win in daily stuff in this game.

I just give up expecting people to stop being disrespectful to mono.
MONO IS NOT A NECESSARY EVIL… THE GAME IS DESIGNED TO USE MONO OFFENSE.

1 Like

I am sure you do. You likely lose more than you win from that position however. That is the nature of RNG dependence when playing mono.

The difference is the frequency of bad boards - or let’s call them “unwinnable boards”. Mono has far more of thees than other configurations. The type of rainbow board which is uwinnable - i.e. only one opening move, which only lets you match 3 tiles, followed by the same - is extremely rare.

I didn’t say anything about being a better player or making better teams - I said there is more strategy required in playing rainbow. That is a fact. From the starting board you have to decide which color tiles to pursue, and which heroes and in which sequence to try to fire off. Mono doesn’t have that. You will always pursue one color (with the added criteria that you are not setting off dangerous opponent heroes, which is there in rainbow too) and your heroes all load at the same time so the only choice you make there is who to target, and at times when to hold on a special. I have played both, and I am saying completely objectively that the level of strategy is different. That does not make someone a rainbow player better than a mono player by default.

Depending on the team you are facing mono can be an easier way to make a team as you may just rely on brute force and that may be enough. With rainbow brute force will never work. For harder defences you do have to synergise mono well too, but again knowing that your heroes will all charge together takes one layer of strategising out of the team configuration. There are a lot more permutations to think through in terms of rainbow teams and the sequence that specials may be available to you

I will respect anyone if they play mono, particularly if they get consistent scores. However those who struggle with consistency are almost always heavy stackers and I will always steer them in the direction away from mono, because it will not get you the same consistency, ever.

It is not designed to use mono. There are advantages to using mono in the form of tile strength, simultaneous special charging and elemental links. Converseley there is a huge disadvantage in regards to a reliance on just one color tile. It is up to each individual to weigh up the pros and cons but to say it designed for mono is simply not correct.

2 Likes

I will suggest to Not go on becase matty seems offended and believes This post is against Mono which is not the case. Matt mentioned in one of his post that Mono is the way the game is intended. I just have One simple question what are the other elements for?. Again Not judging anyone who plays mono it is their play style and I do respect ir do I share it? No just that.

1 Like

Im just gonna stop debating. It is pointless. people refuse to see anything but their own opinions and then say they are facts. The game is 100% designed for mono, if you can not see that, then there’s no point discussing it.

BUT STOP DISRESPECTING PLAYERS WHO USE MONO. It does not take more strategy to play rainbow offense. It takes different strategies then playing mono, but not more.

If you all think these comments are not disrespectful and rude, then you are kidding yourselves.

By saying rainbow requires more strategy than mono is a rude and disrespectful statement. It elevates rainbow above mono. Which in turn elevates the players of rainbow above mono players. You do not use any more strategy then I do, You use different strategies but not more. Stop being so rude and disrespectful

2 Likes

you 100% disrespected mono players here:

and as I said adding God bless is even more rude and disrespectful, if you do not know why, then there is definitely a language barrier.

My name is also not Matty so stop being disrespectful and altering my name

1 Like

Dude just stop. seriously what is wrong with you? I am not saying anything wrong I respect you play style Ok. But its just a discussion Man why are you getting so upset?. This is the purpose of the forum to discuss and share opinion thoughts. You don’t like this post GTO period I’ve been polite but you keep It going. Stop you are the man keep playing the way suits you and makes you feel better Period.

1 Like

You feel free to take it as you want, I have no control over your reactions. I have no idea why you are so defensive though - if you are a mono player, and you are a good player, who cares how other people perceive mono?

Rainbow does take more strategy than mono. Try it out for an extended period of time and you will come to the same conclusion. I am in a position to make that judgment because I have tried both extensively. How much rainbow have you tried to play?

Anyway rainbow requiring more strategy to play effectively says nothing about rainbow players being better than mono players. I’d suggest you brush that chip off your shoulder.

With the way elemental link works, some, if not most heroes and the way general numerical values are inflated stacking is absolutely required and is a necessary evil but I am not saying that in a negative way and in my honest opinion I think we would see a lot more variety and a higher skill ceiling and to be more quite honest Realistic war points and general scores if it wasn’t the case.

All is ok though.

Let me get the pop corn and a beer this will get interesting………

I ended with Street Fighter 4 I used Gen. Mileena in MK11 but generally done with fighting video games. I think EP borrows alot of fighting video games like sound fx and some hit sparks.

Back on topic, again you won’t win this argument but again I appreciate knowing there are others who play like me (can take it a step further but a lot of cool video games to play)

Just saying…… this is MY play style and I love it.

Ps. Got the pop corns and beer still.:smiling_imp:

1 Like

You know what I was thinking of doing? Anytime someone beats my team with all elements I was going to revenge them but flee 3 times so they can get the trophies since they deserve it since I don’t care about trophies but skill.

I like to just revenge with my own team maybe that’ll encoure them to just try Rainbow.

1 Like

It’s a long way to go from mono to rainbow, and to field 6 effective rainbow teams in war is super difficult for most people. That is why I try to give myself as many color options on the board as possible but I usually don’t go rainbow. However I stack for synergies and specials that I need to round out each team (i.e. mana controllers and healers) rather than for tile damage vs tank. In fact I often 2 or 3 purples vs purple tanks because my aim is not to kill the tank first.

For someone moving off mono I wouldn’t advise going FULL RAINBOW - I think it should be a progressive journey to incorporate more color options in the team.

1 Like

Interesting take. What type of stacking synergies do you generally like to utilize. Since I usually always go all elements I always looked at stacking just get it done but I am curious what are some of your favorite and viable stacking synergies if you want to share.

1 Like

Grimble, Chakky, Alfrike, C Mel, D’Andre (vs Freya/Bera)
Grimble, Proteus, Onatel, Gullinbursiti, C Mel (vs Freya/Bera)
Skadi, C Kiril, Zocc, C BT, C Rigard (vs FreyaBera)
Myztero, Elradir x 2, C BT, Alexandrine (vs 2+ DOT dealers)
Myztero, Emilio, Lord Loki, D’ Andre, C Mel (vs Alfrike)

Note most of the up-front healers above are interchangable - with healers I try to get as many color options up as possible, with C Mel used for buff heavy teams/teams with defense downers and C Rig used vs defense downers. C BT has a specific use case with the Skadi team in case she has attack down which would crippler her special

The first set of teams can swap out Grimble for Malicna if not facing minions, although that is less effective

1 Like