Do all forum posts require approval now or is it just me?

I just posted on the serious discussion thread and the forum notified me that I now had 1 post pending for approval. And sure enough, a few seconds later, I got this notification

(thanks for the quick work, mods)

I’ve never seen that before. Did something I do trigger it? Am I in the mod-preview doghouse for doing something wrong?

Has anyone else ever seen this?

2 Likes

Happens to me all the time. You just said a word that triggered the auto sensors.

5 Likes

No, just used a naughty word :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a list of words which require moderator approval before posting. The words are basically ones which are frequently used in accusations or which create disharmony amongst forum users :slight_smile:

Worth noting that this is a DIFFERENT list to the Auto-censor list. Censored words are simply “asterisked” out. The approval word list requires moderator approval before posting the topic or comment :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I see - thanks for the explanation. Is the “naughty” list available for us to see or is it a secret?

3 Likes

I haven’t historically seen it shared about by any of the other mods. As the newest to the team I don’t think I’m the most qualified to answer that :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe one of the others can chime in.

Edit: I would think the answer tho is no; cause knowing the list will just have the words “worked around”… either by using synonyms or other filter dodging techniques.

4 Likes

Funny thing is that actual “naughty” words get automatically censored. The words that trigger the mod notification are words that are mostly innocent alone - but are not permitted here on the forum because they may be used to “name and shame”.

EDIT: bingo, identified one.

Let me test another.

Some people have found game exploits.

Okay, exploit is allowed. Interesting.

Please just don’t… intentionally trying to test & identify it just wastes moderator time…

3 Likes

Testing another:

The game is a scam!

Okay that one goes through…

Apologies @Guvnor, was just trying to find the key words so that we all know which ones to avoid.

EDIT: fair enough. I did find one, but I won’t ever use it in an inappropriate context. :slightly_smiling_face:

Asked, answerd and now run it’s course.

Not identifying the list to “know which ones to avoid” was litterally the point I was trying to make here:

5 Likes

Cookie Settings