Display Mana Speed as Tiles to Fill

Recently, the game was updated to include displaying a hero’s mana speed. (Version 24 Release Notes & Status)

This is useful information to have.

However, with mana troops, mana regeneration buffs and debuffs, talents, and now costumes, a slow mana speed hero on defense may not need 24 tiles to charge.

I am proposing that two changes take place:

1. Replace the text value of the mana speed with a numeric value that displays the number of tiles needed to fill a hero’s mana bar from empty to full. This should account for all status effects, permanent stat boosts, mana troops, etc. It would be dynamic as battle conditions change.

2. Display on the hero card the current mana bar percentage, or as a numeric value out of 1,000 (i.e. 1,000 mana is a full bar).

There is some precedent for this, as well. If you look at a hero during a rush attack raid tournament, you’ll see the mana speed flash between the actual speed and VERY FAST to indicate the hero’s actual current mana speed. But I would like to see that quantified into a number.

Could we get a display showing how many “current” tiles are needed to max skill mana? For example, I was trying to power melandor and I thought he needed 3 more tiles. However, after match I wasnt even close. So I pressed/held to view info and it doesnt show anything. If your hero gets hit buy mana reduction skill it would reflect that as well…

Info-
Name. Atk,def,etc average speed
Mana: 3/10 (showing 1 color matchup)
Or
Mana: 3/12 (after skill debuff applied)

• I dont know what actual number would be for debuff but could be higher with multiple stacks.

Think it be helpful

That’s definitely along the lines of what I was thinking. @NDarkNS I’m going to suggest a merge, if you’re okay with that. I wouldn’t mind having the additional thoughts from you, and I have a few votes already.

No its cool… I didnt see your post… :slight_smile:

No problem. I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks it would be a useful addition to the game. What made me consider it was thinking of mods I’ve used on other games. It would be nice to be able to calculate that information myself on the fly, but since we can’t mod E&P (and I don’t imagine there are any handles exposed, anyway) it’s up to the devs to add features like this. It seems like the game was much simpler when it started, but with the complexity that’s been added to different specials, it’s frustrating to have to guess whether those two or three tiles are enough to fill someone’s mana.