Disillusioned

Lol really?

OP is regarding mat drops

Debates I’ve had so far in this thread have either been about the topic or a direct debate to statements made by you

So if i was responding to your statements and my responses are off topic, wouldnt that make your statements off topic? Or am i missing something?

1 Like

This was your very first post in the topic. Tell me how this is not against forum rules and on topic or even a statement to this topic?

this is not a healthy debate and violates the forum rules

You claimed you should be able to max a 5* the day you get it, that was my response. Derailed a bit at first but came around full circle in the end

Idk why you keep trying…but i got time let’s keep goin

1 Like

@Rigs quote me … I would love to see it …

You seem to be putting words in my mouth… And giving me a bad rap because you dont like my input. Your definately not looking out for the best interests of this game blowing up forums for ideas & requests with nonsense attacks.

I wasn’t really commenting on the merits of your position, just clarifying for Jrock143 that you really were asking for an increase in the drop rate of ascension materials.

I happen to think it’s wise that the drop rates are modest, because it keeps the average player playing much longer since they have something they’re hoping for, but which takes time to achieve. Super fast success tends to lead to burnout in my estimation. But I don’t really have any data to back that opinion up.

It does have business consequences in the form of discouraging people who would like to pay to advance really quickly. It looks like SG is comfortable with those consequences, but it certainly makes sense to raise the issue with them if you’d like things to change.

I also very much support your point in your other thread that SG would be wise to make it easier for people to find tutorial resources. Disappointing people when one could have given them good info up front is not a good practice.

3 Likes

Now may have been a bad assumption on my part that by “leveled” you meant max, considering you can level any hero you get upon recpetion

Need i say more?

You have it in your head that this game should be 100% pay to win and you should be able to huy progress rather than put in the time and effort to earn it

Those 2 statements alone prove that

1 Like

Well technically… You still have to level them up with other heroes which is a very timely process. And it never happens over night. So if thats what your debating against I can relate. Maybe you view that as not fair … But like I said if it happens for me it happens for you too. And I would be willing to bet you have a bigger roster list of heroes then me ready to go for leveling.

Not really fair that I can buy something I cant level to the max though when its advertised to the max.

I’m pretty sure this thread has played itself out. That is of course, unless people want to just keep restating things…again…and again…

1 Like

What fun is a game that you dont have to play to progress?

1 Like

Brobb was trying to open my eyes to the fact I would probably get those ascension items before I leveled them that high anyways. At least that is what I assumed he/she was saying. So perhaps i’m wrong hes/shes right maybe I need a more solid foundation to my argument.

1 Like

There will always be progression in this game as there is never going to be a perfect team. They built this game to have counters and a counter for those counters. You will always be defeated eventually. That is what makes this game so much fun. There is a never ending progression.

It’s advertised to the max in order to show you a product’s full ability so you have the info you want if you want to try to pull that hero or if you already have said hero and are deciding to spend the mats

Print below each hero says heros are not rewarded at max level

Well summons is so random that when you buy a 10 pull you are guaranteed nothing more then a 3*. Same with ascension materials. They are completely random so technically besides the events it could take an ungodly amount of time to get the correct ascension items. I honestly not even really sure why i’m debating this anyways as it feels like the Alchemy Lab will fix this problem. I am just going to wait and see then go from there.

Without having to grind to level heros or gain mats, there would be no need for progress and the game would be a pvp version of candy crush…we don’t want that

Heros and mats have to be random for balance
Encourages more gameplay to get desired results(also more spending obviously but that’s just business)

Personally I’ve never bought any mats that weren’t guaranteed outside of thr atlantis summons chest
I’ve always felt that was a bit of a scam and wouldnt recommend it to anyone

Game takes time

Grind daily, you’ll get desired results
Only gamble purchases any player should make in game are heros and troops since those are hardest to get through gameplay alone

Kill titans, fill chests, win wars, complete quests/events
You’ll get desired results

Will it happen tomorrow? No. Will it happen next week? No

But something tells me you’re going to look at this thread 6 months from now and see why everyone is against increasing the mat drops from their current state

If i could wake up tomorrow and buy a roster as good as zero’s or uclapack’s, I’d lose iinterest in the game as would many others

The sense of accomplishment would be gone

2 Likes

My argument about that was I never seen a drop and supposedly they drop from Titans. I figured by doing these daily I would have seen something in 3 months. Maybe they are more rare then I realize but I don’t even know what to think about it.

with 9 and 10* titans and all the chests… you think I would have seen something by now. and i agree with this post because 3 months regardless if it feels unfair is a very decent amount of time to play a game. And when every 5* hero needs 2 certain 4* ascension mats (Dblades and Tomes). I should have seen at least something by now.

1 Like

Next time the event comes around I will be ready to do that. At least I have that to look forward too. I obviously was not prepared to finish the last one as I was not strong enough. And without guides and forums I honestly would be very lost and confused and probably would want to quit with no hope. Nobody should feel that way being the new player … Small games should take that serious. Thats just my food for thought.
You pay $50 and feel like leveling is just a gamble with ascension mats it really takes the fun and enjoyment out of the game. I wanted to play the game not the lottery.

2 Likes

It took me awhile to finish events but again once i did after a few failed attempts it was a good feeling

Especially since i had it in my head that it took maxed 5* teams to finish the legendary event, felt pretty good when i did it with 5 3/60 4*

And not that it matters but i didnt have a guide either, had to spend the time and energy of trial and error but it was fun

Part of what i like about this game is there is always more to learn or figure out

Anyways hopefully your luck turns around and you start seeing mats for your roster, until then just get as many heros as you can ready for the days you do get mats to take them to full level, best advice i can give you(and even with mats in stock I’m still just getting heros ready for final ascension because leveleing 1 hero at a time from 1 to 80 is a pain if you have multiple heros you want to do that with, easier if already at 70 and you can take them to 80 as you get the mats needed for each individual hero)

3 Likes

Please allow me to do the math for you, because it appears you have not.

The estimate that one ought to be able to ascend a rainbow 5* team in one year is just that - an estimate. I believe it was based on a player progressing through the mid-game, so we might assume that beginners would typically collect materials more slowly than this, and late game players would collect them much more quickly.

But of course, we’re dealing with low probability events: just as with hero pulls, variance will be pretty high. So we should not be surprised to find some players struggling to ascend more than a couple of 5* heroes in a year, while others might manage a dozen or more. We should also expect that individual players will go through times of scarcity and times of surplus due to randomness alone.

And all this, of course, assumes players are F2P only. As soon as spending is introduced into the equation, the sky becomes the limit, if luck is on your side.

Now, is any of this inconsistent with our experience? New players struggle to collect ascension materials, as we would expect. (Like you.) Veterans like your team mate can ascend 20 heroes in a couple of years, as we would expect. A back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests that in 2018 I collected enough ascension materials to fully ascend eleven or twelve 5* heroes, which is around what we would expect.

So the math provides us with no reason to suppose that ascension item drop rates have changed through the life of the game. If that’s a surprise, you haven’t been paying attention.

1 Like

To this excellent analysis, I’d add that the human brain is horrible at estimating probabilities based just on experience. That’s why I always want data rather than opinions.

@ABCTeapot If your friend has actual data showing the details of their drops over time, I’d love to get a look at it. It takes a lot of data to have confidence in an answer, but it would be a great start. If they’re just offering an opinion anecdotally, I wouldn’t place much stock in it.

2 Likes