[Discussion, Roadmap] Did Zynga change SGG roadmap for Empires? or Delay roadmap

Alliance event and Merciless RNG

SGG has repeatedly said Merciless RNG is the core business/ gaming concept

Just like tournament loot, I expect SLIGHT adjustments to the Alliance event loot but not an overhaul

Click for loot rant

Minimum Investment

Rumor says in Beta, several testers suggested keeping an entry fee ( example 350 gems for 5* tournaments ) but giving a guaranteed loot ( example 1x Epic Summon token. Which in hindsight is STILL Merciless RNG )

Instead of a guaranteed 1x Epic Summon token ( still Merciless RNG but at least a +1 Seasonal event summons ), SGG removed the original 100 gem entrance fee and added limits to the number of failed attacks ( too cheap to give all players an equal number of tries per day is a different human factors rant )

Company Town

Unlike physical games ( looking at you table top RPG s / board games ) that can have third party resales and third party original products

Freemium games are effectively Company Towns^1

SGG has decided to not pay users in company script to spend in the company store but instead SGG pays users in company LOTTERY TICKETS that reward company script. So your daily earnings will fluctuate

Your fluctuating, daily pay in company script can often be used to buy different company lottery tickets with a chance of more company script or company merchandise instead of buying the company merchandise directly ( looking at you costumes for past 5* HotM )

Wallet, Feet and Mouth

I typically vote with my wallet, my feet and my mouth

Unfortunately I have stopped spending, I have been posting less on this forum, I have stopped logging into my game daily and most of my friends and family have switched to non freemium games ( the freemium business model is usually less than consumer friendly )

Notes

Click for notes

Loot Drops versus Return On Investment

FIN

3 Likes