[Discussion] Resistant tournament centers versus rainbow tournament centers or no purple Arman center versus rainbow Bauchan and rainbow Shrubbear center

Subject
[Discussion] Resistant tournament centers versus rainbow tournament centers or no purple Arman center versus rainbow Bauchan and rainbow Shrubbear center

Resistant color

I am not saying Bauchan and Shrubbear are not good centers.

I just think Arman will be a better center this time.

I think Arman flanked by Bauchan, Shrubbear, or both, will be stronger than Bauchan, or Shrubbear, flanked by the other two.

Strong color stacking works.

By the same math, yellow heroes will be more resistant to tile damage than any other color.

Previous tournament allowed all colors so no resistant colors. This is similar to elemental shields in challenge events.

Elemental shields

Elemental shields

Tournament matchmaking

Past performance is not an indication of future returns.

The less your tournament defense gets attacked, the more likely being undefeated is pure matchmaking luck.

Because a good defense, gets attacked a lot.

Gryphonkit, my wife, once got attacked over 100 times in a day because her defense rocked.

Yeah, tournament defense scoring, and matchmaking, has some flaws.

Elo rating deflation

Players may not have leveled Ulmer and Gato or Belith and Mnessues and Brienne or Arman and Kailani last time.

Because Bauchan and Shrubbear were relatively new, players may not have expected them on defense or encountered them.

Like Guinevere centers, more exposure will teach players to build rosters, tactics and strategy to defeat Bauchan and Shrubbear.

After Jabberwocky in rare tier challenge event I leveled a second Gato.

Of the two, I think Shrubbear will be risker due to opponent pool, RNG and many strong red 3* in this tournament. This would also explain why Shrubbear center got attacked less than Bauchan center.

Notes

([Primer] How come the leaders in the tournament have so many more points than me? or tournament seeding, time zones, and Elo rating deflation)

3 Likes

I had success with shrubbear last tournament and have already placed Armen as my tank with shrubbear on his flank.

Hope it works as well as we both want it to.

Taking advantage of the forbidden color is always a good idea, though it seems only if you don’t “sacrifice” too much emblems in the process.

So if you have an emblemed yellow 3* (even better if not fast) it is surely the best choice for tank position this time around. Even more of other tanky choices like the bear or the goblin for me.

Different story for multiple yellows or no emblemed yellows.
In that case, maybe it is more safe to simply use your stronger heroes and ignore the color factor.

In my case i have a fully emblemed Melia, so i have no doubt who is going to be my tank.

Ignoring resistant color

I agree.

Resistant color is roughly equivalent to 2x actual HP ( a 3x neutral color stack attacking versus a 3x strong color stack attacking ), but a bad center is still a bad center ( looking at you purple 3* Prisca ).

So a X*+1 resistant color center, that is also a bad center hero, is worse than a X*+20 hero, that is a good center, of the other three colors ( looking at you Bauchan the Guinevere of 3* tournaments ).

X*+20

People are learning the method for tournament matchmaking.

5x X*+20 heroes with maximum costumes and maximum troops are best for tournaments ( see notes ).

If you have a rainbow X*+20 defense team with maximum costumes and maximum troops it will often do better than a 3x X*+1 resistant color defense team.

Few people have 3x X*+20 heroes for each color.

Tournaments with 1* / 2* heroes would have required the least emblems, least food, least iron and least RNG to run a 3x to 5x resistant color X*+20 defense team with maximum costumes and maximum troops.

Notes

([Primer] How come the leaders in the tournament have so many more points than me? or tournament seeding, time zones, and Elo rating deflation)

([Primer] Tournament defense points or Why was my defense team attacked ZERO/ 3000 times)

(Raid Tournament Scoring Guide)

1 Like