[Discussion, Rant?] The lack of Quality of life improvements in 3 years shows Devs do not care about F2P / C2P or multiple Classic heroes or trade but they care only about the latest shiny hero

Titan tier 9+

Totally 100% agree.

My favorite account spent 1.5 years fighting 5* titans. Which only gave me titan loot tier 5-7, which has a zero percent chance of 4* ascension items ( see below).

Currently in a 3 person alliance with wife and mom fighting 2* titans for titanium shield ingredients ( soon to be nerfed ) and Path of Valor.

So my family alliance has given up on the #1 source of 4* ascension items.

Both the Devs own support data base, and player tracking, show you must have titan loot tier 8+ ( high level titan ) for 4* ascension items.

Titan loot tier 9+ increases your chance of 4* ascension items by +50% over titan loot tier 8 since you get 3x ascension item rolls instead of 2x rolls.

Titan loot tier 1-7 has a zero percent chance of 4* ascension items.

The Devs never told us this, we had to figure it out from vague clues and tedious data collection.

Notes

(Titan Loot & You - A Data Farming Project! ***PRELIMINARY RESULTS***)

(Titan Loot Project - A Data Farming Project! Answering "What can/could I get from the Titan?")

([Query] Does anyone know what loot tier has a chance for Epic Hero token? Or Digging through Support FAQ for Elusive answers about 4* ascension items drop rate)

7 Likes

Actually, this:

There is no weight other than that you put on your shoulders, unless it is an alliance rule to deal damage not less than xxxx, or you’ll be kicked otherwise.

My alliance has no such rule, for example, and each player deals as much damage as it is comfortable for them. Personally, I use only minimal items like antidotes to remove negative effects. In our alliance it is desirable that you hit every titan, but even this is not mandatory.
That is why I said, that it is not about QoL provided by the game, but about attitude to the game.

In my alliance the only requirement for titans is the one you put on yourself. We are also very casual, and rarely use all our war flags. No one wants to get stressed out over a game they play to relax and unwind (if only RNG would listen to that).

2 Likes

100% agree. Well written.

“encourages chasing after new heroes instead of investing in old heroes.” Is VERY poignant insight. Just pivoting on this is a major strategic objective change that can benefit the game … and impacting how heroes are developed and released. To me… this is the key shift that can cascade into improvements from devs that can improve this game in so many ways for all players (ftp, c2p and p2w).

Posted this before somewhere else… wish SGG would one day realize these principles >

2 Likes

Agreed about acknowledging their improvements. I enjoy those new improvements greatly.

Especially for players that are still in their journey… with rosters of 3/4* heroes… it helps a lot.

But I think the issue is that as you play for a long time ~ you hit a ceiling with increasingly diminishing returns on your time and money.

As heroes build up in your roster, new shiny heroes change the meta, and diamond tier raiding becomes the norm, and upgrading your base becomes less and less attractive in terms of food, iron and time needed…
u start to hit walls of frustration on the quality of the game.

I love the game and respect the work of SGG. However to be a good brand with longevity … a strong standard of official communications with their consumers is needed,

The ability to make strong big picture strategic changes and communicate big picture vision to their audience becomes more critical to the health of the business as it keeps them engaged and rally them into the future growth of their product experience.

Unfortunately, the mods take too much heat here from consumers when they aren’t even employees of SGG.

1 Like

Question for long time players…

AT WHAT POINT DID YOU FEEL DIMINISHING RETURNS ON YOUR INVESTMENT OF TIME START TO HIT A WALL?

I feel like it’s around the 1.5 to 2 year mark… or when you are at SH 22ish…

Note:
(I know it’s a game for fun… but spending time and/or money on a game can seriously be considered an “investment”… into your quality of life.)

1 Like

I’ve been playing this game since September 2017 and I feel the opposite of your question. As more features and content are added, I feel like I am progressing even more. Embleming some of these rarer 4* heroes especially has made a hugely positive impact on my experience.

3 Likes

Since I learned to shift my focus on deepening my rosters for 4* for war (and new 3* for tournaments) … I am ok also… and happy with the game.

However I am acknowledging there are true underlying reasons for community frustration.

These frustrations are too often hyperfocused on the “trees” neglecting the bigger view of the forest. However they are consumers and not game developers.

While people argue about nerfing tell… what needs to be addressed is shifting agile development towards big picture issues by tracing back the root causes to a sense of game imbalance or diminishing quality of play.

@CoreyOfTheIsland I share your POV and overall am happy with the game. [we may not be a minority on this forum… but I feel that way since the loudest people are the most frustrated ones.]

But since I do care about quality of play and this game involves social aspects (alliance)… I want to be open minded about suggesting non-toxic personally biased feedback . (*knowing this feedback that may never reach SGG but as someone who loves the game I don’t mind trying to voice a point of view.)

I would love to see the brand become a true “usage brand” vs coming across as a “purchase brand”.
*Eg instead of Putting out quick band-aid fixes like a nerf to appeal a large group of people who cannot see the forest for the trees doesn’t solve the underlying root problems that affect quality across all aspects of gameplay > Increasing communications of big picture strategy does help tho for the more loyal fans.

I totally agree with you. Thanks for the thorough, correct comment!
I’ve literally just written to someone how disappointed I feel with a lot of things right now and how every change makes me even more disappointed. In theory, change is great, but in E&P’s case sometimes I feel they really don’t intend to change - just in paper - because I feel this lack of professionalism is unreal already & a lot of people only staying because of invested money & energy. :confused:

1 Like

Agreed

2 Likes

Your forum ID Just clicked in my scattered brain and realized who you are.

I joined TW alliance (my first alliance and still there) after reading your old posts maybe a year ago.

I am happy to have found TW … thank u and the original members for starting a good group culture. Goofey and his coleaders are continuing onwards and doing great job at it. =)

Eventually success leads to bigger problems (growing pains).

SGG had a mission to stay small as a company (thus the name Small Giant). But their user base has grown rapidly bringing a level of success they weren’t forecasting 2 years ago while they were shopping around their company for investment (pre zynga).

I respect their wanting to stay small. I also respect how much work they need to do keep releasing events and heroes and updates. I am sure it’s not easy and goes under appreciated by majority of the users.

But to manage their growing pains they need to invest into better communications operationally and strategically (since volunteer moderators seem to be carry a lot of the load.)

A primary objective should be big picture game balance and communicating their vision as the game changes. And if they were able to communicate quality of life as a priority and motivator for their changes … that would make users feel more loyal to the brand,

Just reading the AMA (which I think the forum moderators arranged) was super helpful to ME in aligning with and supporting their creative and business vision.

I don’t think I hit a wall yet after more than 1,5 year.

4* is key especially for F2P like me, I have 16 +20 emblem 4* and they help a lot, they are enough to complete all quests/challenges.

But this is where I feel different. With more and more features I feel like the game have become too hectic.

Time spent for Challenge Events increase because more stages.

Time spent for Atlantis increase because of lesser flag in AR.

Time spent for new S3, Emblem Trials, Costume Event, and soon Taverns of Legend.

Time needed to play this game hass increased significantly since the first time I play.

2 Likes

Agree again! That must’ve been such a quantum leap in every aspect they hadn’t even dreamed of BUT eventually they’ll need to deal with that because a necessary decline’ll start at a point and I love this game too much so I hope I won’t need to see that.

Maybe not the luckiest thing to compare SG with Blizzard or Riot Games in professionalism, but in a way it’s inevitable since they are being similarly successful in mobile platform and we all know “with great power comes great responsibility”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right now we are playing season 3 of the game. Maybe it’s a time to add some heroes to the ‘classic’ heroes pool? It’s pretty cool to have ten events of type ‘spend-100-times-per-event’ mounthly, but amount of f2p is really low.

Add season 2 heroes into building.

I posted the idea right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers, Meme Master Extraordinaire :beers:

2 Likes

I had hit a wall at the beginning of this year, which would have been around the two-year mark. As a dedicated casual player I play daily, I grind, I open two chests a day. And that was all fine.

But at that point I was starting to become swamped with the extra content being added and not being able to “keep up” without it eating into my non-E&P time like work and family time. Plus I was getting tired of leveling up 3* and 4* dupe heroes due to a lack of AM. I was starting to reach the point where I was contemplating quitting. My overall strength was not improving and I was not advancing anymore in the game.

Then, simultaneously, I reassessed my reasons for playing and RNG decided to bless me with some 4* AM (like, 4 in a week). So here I am still playing, but now I am improving my overall strength and I am not worrying about all the new available content so much. If I can do it I do. If not, oh well.

Of course, with the self-isolating I have more free time for E&P right now too …

3 Likes

now you know why I meme - get me talking and I can’t shut up :laughing:

1 Like