[Discussion, Rant?] The lack of Quality of life improvements in 3 years shows Devs do not care about F2P / C2P or multiple Classic heroes or trade but they care only about the latest shiny hero

Loot tickets are dangerously close to the autoplay thing there. :laughing:

1 Like

Indeed… though I’m certainly not going to buy loot tickets to autoplay a quest that my farming team is perfectly capable of handling on its own for free.

Sure, I have to glance at my phone every couple of minutes to press “replay”, but that doesn’t cost me a dime.

2 Likes

Do hear some people buy loot tickets for farming purposes. Like you I’m fine with autoplay; I have a dedicated farming team.

1 Like

Not surprising, loot tickets are nice to have if you’re busy and don’t have time to keep checking your phone. But it doesn’t really take very long to burn through all of my world energy flags on autoplay, so it’s a waste of money to me. Guess it all depends on how busy you are and how much you feel your time is worth.

Indeed. It’s what some call a ‘pay to skip’ mechanic. I get enough loot tickets from normal loot drops and use those when I’m short on time. I wouldn’t pay for them as I’m a cheapskate. :laughing:

1 Like

Alliance

Awesome

Matchmaking

They are.

One of my frustrations was my account actually causing more losses for them when I participated in alliance war. Team power based matchmaking is gorram frakking annoying.

But all Zynga/ SGG care about is alliance war if you have lots of limited time 5* heroes, not if you have multiple Classic 5* heroes.

Notes

Click for notes

War matchmaking

Empires does not use an Elo style matchmaking for war.

If I fight solo alliance wars ( 25+), I always lose. Team power based matchmaking does not work with my roster. Tempted to reset some emblems and get rid of some of my 4* 4.70, 4*+18 and 5* 4.80 heroes.

If Gryphonkit, my wife, fights solo alliance war she has a 100% win record ( 15 in a row, regardless if I fight the account or she does). Team power based matchmaking does not work with her roster.

FIN

2 Likes

This has been brought up repeatedly ( see notes )

The biggest difference with collectible card games

you can buy desirable cards

you can trade desirable cards for more desirable cards

you can sell unwanted cards

Notes

click for notes

FIN

4 Likes

You forgot probably the most important point of all…

The cards are actual PHYSICAL items that you OWN once you buy them.

E&P heroes are virtual pixelated sprites that are only temporarily and conditionally leased to us.

3 Likes

While I agree with you, that did not work out well for many mobile gaming

But.

I would 100% buy a physical card, physical coin, or an Amiibo sized Gravemaker, Delilah, Wu Kong, Rigard, costumed Renfeld, costumed Hawkmoon, Belith, etc. if it unlocked it in Empires.

It could even have a unique code, so if you traded, or sold it, it would transfer from your account to the new owner.

Then people could also collect their favorite artwork.

5 Likes

True, doesn’t work for mobile gaming. Which is why I do not understand the costs. Why would I pay $100+ in real money for a “hero” that only exists in a virtual world?

When we pay to play E&P, we are not “buying” heroes at all. We’re only paying to “enhance” our ‘entertainment value’.

421wfv

2 Likes

I have bought Space Miner multiple times ( awesome game) so it was cool when I downloaded Space Miner from Gameclub and got the message “you have already bought this in the past so unlocking it is free”

1 Like

Ah, that’s cool. :+1:

Never played that one. I see it’s on iOS? My phone’s an Android, so… :man_shrugging:

I actually own over 100 games myself. Mostly physical copies (discs). Can play them offline any time, as long as I have a working PC or console to play them. I miss the days when the games not only came with a box, but also a detailed guidebook inside the box. It was almost like buying a “choose your own adventure” book. I’d get the game, read through the guide with excitement, learn about the controls, the heroes, the monsters, the storyline, etc., then pop the game in and let the adventures begin. Nowadays it’s just “click here to download”, go to such and such website to learn about the game. Never get to tear off that plastic wrapping and hold the game in your hands with that “new game smell”. It’s just not the same.

Digital is cool and all, but I’ve always feared what would happen to all of my “digital storage” in the event of some massive solar flare or something. If everything gets erased, I can never prove what I “owned”. I’ve lost old game accounts for other games after switching email accounts and not being able to remember my original login information. Probably a fairly good chance that my original accounts had been hacked anyway, and now someone else is running around the game with a bunch of already leveled up heroes and gear. Good for them I suppose, those games had already run their course for me anyway. Just as some day, I imagine this game will too. Guess I’ll probably still have my roster as long as it’s linked to my Google Play account, in case I eventually decide to come back… but who knows?

1 Like

GameClub should be on Android.

As a quality of life improvement, the Empires tutorial could include basic color stacking and Elo matchmaking. Once you have 5x one color heroes, it could cover advanced color stacking.

If you could buy a physical card, coin, toy to unlock Gravemaker, it could also come with a tutorial on how to use the hero. Would be great for elemental defense debuff, elite attack buff, revive, etc. heroes.

1 Like

This is why I played Pokemon for so long when my kids started playing it. “Gotta get 'em all”. I even had an emulator on an old Palm Pilot to run Pokemon Yellow. It is also why I am intent on never downloading Pokemon Go. It would ruin my career.

Not just in games. Majority of business software has switched or is switching to a subscription-based model.

“Hi, customer support? I am having a problem with an apparent bug in your software.”

“I’m sorry to hear that. Can I get your valid subscription number?”

“Umm, it ran out last week.”

“Oh dear, I cannot help you then. Thanks for calling. Bye now.”

3 Likes

this thread started out a little nuts but has just gone plain bonkers. the employees at sg and Zynga work really hard, non-stop. Let them earn an income.

If premium games with no microtransactions were profitable on mobile and could sustain the salaries for entire studios, maybe they would get developed but until then, free to play is a win win for customers and developers. Customers spend as much or little as they choose and developers have a legit income.

When mobile game Jurassic World was first introduced (6 years ago?) you could buy a physical card that you could scan with your phone to use that card in a battle. You couldn’t level up the card though like you could the virtual cards in-game.

I haven’t played that in many, many months now but I think they phased that out eventually.

It always seemed to me that in general people using iOS were more likely to spend on apps than people using Android. Maybe it’s the mindset of the Linux open-source crowd (of which I confess I am one).

1 Like

What if it was blockchain hero cards?

I understand that, trust me. I sold off a good chunk of my M:tG collection to buy a new whole-house generator. I was into Magic before the secondary market showed up, people stopped using the ante rule really, really fast when that happened.

Sadly, I can’t find my old main play deck. That will pay for most of my new car when I find it.

1 Like

Yep. It’s why I am still using significantly older versions of Office, etc. I don’t need the latest Office 365 subscription, nor do I need to re-write all my custom macros.

I used to be a IT guy in addition to my accounting work. Working at non-profits, we sometimes weren’t on anything remotely current, but we renewed support as needed. What’s truly scary is car manufacturers are trying that crap.

3 Likes