[Discussion] If you skipped Challenge events, did the addition of emblems to tier completion rewards change your mind

But you did have 3*. You chose to feed them. I chose to keep them. Just saying. This is a great opportunity for more emblems and the rare event can be fun.

My thought process when it comes to the Challenge Events, ever since started playing was, I will do them if I can finish them (never really to compete for the top spots because I donā€™t want to spend more battle items than I have to or any Gems to continue), those that have seen a few of my posts know that I play for free, and perhaps even more so know that I donā€™t have the best luck when it comes to summons or mats.

So the challenge events are kind of like a gauge for me to see how far along I am with my roster and base. So since started playing over a year ago, this is kind of like a run down.

1. Totally unable to complete Rare, because I donā€™t have my 3*s leveled up, but will do a few levels so I can at least collect the participation token *

*I could have remembered this wrong, but I think there was at one point, there were no silver tokens for not being able to finish, and was only completion rewards. But later the silver token for playing and awarded regardless of finishing/rank was added.

1. Able to just about finish Rare, collect the completion reward, and the silver token for the rank. Play a level on Epic / Legendary and collect the participation tokens.
  2. Able to finish Rare, and Epic, get rewards and tokens, do a level on Legendary, collect participation token.
  3. Able to finish Rare, Epic, and just about able to finish Legendary for the Completion Rewards and Participation Tokens.

Every one is given 3 or so days to do the events. There is generally enough time and world energy to do these quests normally without having the need of world energy flasks, unless you are going to be skipping monster chests or do the normal quests in between, but perhaps the biggest limiting factor would be how high leveled you are (e.g. determining your World Energy Cap).

I donā€™t see the need of trying to hurrying to complete these challenge quests within 2 hours after they are released as one or two of my alliance mates seem to want to do (I know because they talked about flasking the red juice about 1 hour after the event was released).

Perhaps it is because of my spending style (F2P), and my playing style (casually, non-competitively) that I played these events up progressively, e.g. I will not have problems fielding serviceable 3* heroes, because they came to me first and were mostly who I had to work with since the playing.

Long story short, I will play these events, all tiers, as long as I have the means to finish them, regardless of whether Emblems are included (which is a nice gesture) for the sake of participation.

3 Likes

I have never cared about competing at events given how ridiculous these strategies are. I have better things to do with my gems than spend them on 50 flag refills. Thatā€™s why I would always just go for the completion rewards. I always skipped rare though, since it didnā€™t seem worth doing for non-competitive players.

That being said, I have already started training some 3* heroes just to get these tokens though, the rewards finally seem worth going for.

1 Like

Letā€™s put together. Epic was easy and nearly done without items. Wu, Rigard, Proteus, Li and Wilbur.

Legendary still last two and rare, meh. Donā€™t have any 3* any more. Isnā€™t worth for 10 emblems imo.

1 Like

The emblems most certainly have changed my mind. I have never-ever leveled any 3* hero during my 8 months of E&P and have completely ignored the rare tier up to now. Today I just started to level my first ever 3* team at least to the point where it is possible to complete Rare tier.

What level can you get by with on rare if items arenā€™t an issue?

I had to quickly level hawkmoon for the rare event so I had 5 non green 3s. This was the first time I ever bothered with the rare level of the challenge. Previously the completion was a silver token and some garbage. not worth the world energy. Emblems totally changed that. even for 10 measly ones. :wink:

2 Likes

Nah, 10 emblems are still not worth spending time on rare, especially if you have to now start leveling 3*. I have the 3*s to win but donā€™t need 10 emblems that bad, on Sunday Iā€™ll take a few minutes and get 36.

The emblems did the trick, I would normally skip rare, but I did it for the emblems this time, the better the reward the more likely the motivation, right?

1 Like

Oh, I think you got me wrong; I have one of every 3* hero in my roster, I just never maxed them! :slight_smile:

And I finished the rare event yesterday with heroes at tier 3, level 17-40.

1 Like

Absolutely Gryph. Normally I only do Legendary for the flasks (3 flasks for the top 5000 players) but this time I also did Epic for the extra emblems. Too bad I donā€™t have 3* heroes so I miss the emblems for Rare. The emblems are a total game changer, you cannot afford to miss any emblems just because you are lazy to play the Event.

2 Likes