[Discussion] Clock is ticking or Decision about Waiver for some players / “No class actions” – Updated Terms of Service

bless the internet for having every picture I Google. Now, to delete my search history… again

7 Likes

Not sure that will get him the Sharon Stone role in the Basic Instinct remake.

3 Likes

Is there a disclaimer or section for FTP arbitration? :rofl:

Its a long standing trend for companies to put these arbitration clauses in the ToS. I was surprised it wasn’t there before.

1 Like

Arbitration

IIRC SGG did not have the Arbitration clause because of the European Economic Area.

Zynga always had the arbitration clause for the US.

Neither surprised me.

Class Action Clause

The clause I am looking at is the Class Action clause which is weird.

It has a separate “Separation of terms” rule ( see notes ).

Which is really really weird in a contract ( see disclaimer).

Notes

Click for notes

TOS

Disclaimer ABA

Replace ABA with Gryphonkit and Gryphonknight.

Replace website with forum posts.

FIN

This is all what I package under Arbitration, and it is common. At least I’ve seen it a lot. They don’t want group negotiations and want to force everything through arbitration - normally through arbiters that are favorable to business and not consumers.

In fact consumer org in the US have been up in arms about these clauses for years.

Shag that - go go go (and bring your swim trunks… or don’t!)

1 Like

I found it.

New 2019-Apr-24 US Supreme Court ruling

(https://www.sandsanderson.com/news/2019/04/25/supreme-court-closes-the-door-mostly-to-class-action-arbitrations/)

SGG did not update its TOS, probably to save legal fees and due to the ( then ) upcoming buy out by Zynga.

Wait, what?! What is there to be afraid of?

Could it be possibly related to a phrase starting with L and ending with Box? :wink::rofl::joy:

Look, half-jokes aside I don’t know about you but I find this to be a very, very strange clause.

It may be a Zynga (or perhaps, excuse my ignorance, industry) gold standard but it’s bizzare and seems contrary to the spirit of the law. Why would we forfeit our right to a class action?

SG may find me a nuisance raising this thread but I think we should understand why we are signing up to this.

Clause extracted below

@Gryphonknight
@Elpis
@MysterySpin
@littleKAF
@zephyr1
@General_Confusion
@kwong79

No Class Actions

By voluntarily accepting these Terms (and in many of our Services by voluntarily clicking or tapping an in-game button to affirmatively indicate your agreement to these Terms), you, Zynga, and the Zynga Corporate Family all agree that the parties can only bring a claim against each other on an individual basis.

That means:

• The parties agree that neither you nor Zynga nor any member of the Zynga Corporate Family can bring a claim as a plaintiff or class member in a class action, consolidated action, or representative action.
  • The parties agree that the arbitrator cannot combine more than one person’s claim into a single case, and cannot preside over any consolidated, class, or representative arbitration proceeding (unless the parties all agree to change this).
  • The parties agree that the arbitrator’s decision or award in one person’s case can only impact the person who brought the claim, not other Zynga players, and cannot be used to decide other disputes with other players.

If this subsection on “No Class Actions” is found to not be enforceable or valid, then the entire Section 15 (Agreement to Arbitrate and Class Action Waiver) will be null and void (i.e., go away). But the rest of the Terms, Feature Terms, and Community Rules will still apply.

3 Likes

As I mentioned in the other thread, this is very common for any company providing a service. If you are in the US and read your ToS for your cell provider and cable provider I’m sure you will find very similar language…and if you have a credit card they all have such language. Most don’t offer opt outs…that is the odd thing…

3 Likes

There was a lawsuit earlier this year against Epic Games over their “predatory” loot boxes.

More will follow, so if I have a game with loot boxes. I would want this agreement too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/2/28/18245574/fortnite-epic-games-sued-lawsuit-predatory-llama-loot-boxes

4 Likes

I hear ya, but based on my experience these self serving clauses don’t always stack up in court

I think a reasonable court would see right through it and adopt a construction that favours one where the parties couldn’t reasonably have intended to forfeit their right to a legitimate cause of action that arose before or after clicking on the terms…

Not from USA here of course but it’s common sense - - no doubt some of these class actions still get up even in the face of those sorts of clauses

2 Likes

Meh… I kind of feel like it’s the same as…
Oh gawd… dare I say it… oh wth…
I feel like it’s the same as screaming about leveling up 1* heroes. You pushed the button. SG or Zynga or whoever don’t have mind control software yet.
Do they? :rofl:
No one is being forced to mortgage their house, although I do wonder, if there are people here who have!

But… that’s their choice!

I personally have good time in Vegas. And am able spend within my means. I enjoy this game too, and have no problem with them protecting their earnings

1 Like

But it extends to much wider than lootboxes.

It’s asking you to give up all your rights to a class action.

Eg. If a virus spread to all our phones from the E and P app SG is basically saying too bad you can’t all sue us - intuitively that doesn’t make sense right

Both parties couldn’t possibly have contemplated that we’d not find them responsible for such an event

1 Like

I agree, but it forces another hurdle in the process, and will discourage some entirely. And that’s the whole point.

2 Likes
  1. Despite the relevent clauses stating they apply only to US and Canadian players I can see one almighty loophole they’ve left for Canadian players to wriggle through… I’m not going to spell it out as that’s what the company lawyers were paid to do and I’m sure not fixing it for free…

And

1. I really would like to see how well their “Children under the age of 16 in the EEA must not use our services” works to cover their backside in a game in which they’ve declared they’ve written custom analytics to profile the best way to pump money out of each player but failed to put any basic age checks in place. I doubt you can find a judge anywhere in Europe that will accept the premise that 16 year olds will naturally check the terms and conditions first to see if they’re allowed to play and so no other checks are necessary…
6 Likes

The “no class action” clause is virtually impossible to enforce in the USA, as are most clauses in any ToS. The way the courts look at it, agreeing to any ToS is done under a degree of duress (agree or you can’t play anymore and we’ll take away all the stuff you paid money for). Duress renders any agreement void.

This doesn’t mean everyone is free to violate ToS without consequences! Most clauses in the ToS are reasonable things (i.e. don’t cheat, don’t steal, don’t claim our stuff is yours etc). That means most stuff in the ToS would be upheld in courts as reasonable. And even if a court might find in your favor, you will have to get a lawyer and go to court to fight SGG/Zinga if they take action against you for violating ToS.

Also, I’m not a lawyer, I just have some approximate understanding of ToS agreements. So take what I post with a grain of salt.

Nitpicking here…all of the threads are titled “Updated” Terms of Service.

This is the first time a ToS has ever been presented to me. When I created the 3rd account, I specifically was looking for something as I found it interesting that a game with such revenue would not have one. Nothing was ever presented.

Edit: Absolutely no instructions or directions for the Customer Support opt-out method. By clicking on the CS link I am opting out? :laughing:

Small Giant has always had ToS, but they didn’t used to prompt for accepting them.

They actually still have the outdated ones posted here:

https://info.smallgiantgames.com/terms-of-service/

Copy/Paste archive, since these might get taken down

TERMS OF SERVICE – Small Giant Games Oy

The following terms of service (the “ Terms “) constitutes an agreement between you (“ user “, “ you “) and Small Giant Games Oy, having its address at Bulevardi 2-4, 00120 Helsinki, Finland, (business ID 2534733-4) (“ Small Giant Games ” “ we ,” “ our ” or “ us “). These Terms govern your use of our games provided on a mobile platform (for example, iOS and Android), online discussion board related to the games, websites (including www.smallgiantgames.com) and other related services (collectively the “ Service “).

Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use the Services. By using the Services (or installing any game or clicking to accept or agree to the Terms when this option is made available to you), you accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and our privacy policy, found here (“ Privacy Policy “), which is hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. If you access the Service from a Social Networking Site (“SNS”), such as Facebook or Google+, you shall comply with its terms of service/use as well as these Terms.

No person under the age of 13 or who is a minor under his/her local legislation is eligible to use the Service. By accessing or otherwise using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are i) age 13 or older, ii) eligible to use the Service and iii) you understand and agree to these Terms. In the event that you are of the age of 13 or older but a minor in your country, you represent that your legal guardian has reviewed and agreed to these Terms.

BY INSTALLING, USING OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL, USE OR OTHERWISE ACCESS THE SERVICE. USE OF THE SERVICE IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

1. YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE

Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms and any other relevant Small Giant Games policies, Small Giant Games grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable limited license to access and use the Service for your own private and non-commercial purposes. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose.

Except as specifically allowed pursuant to these Terms, you are not entitled to use, copy, store, modify, transfer, distribute, sell, rent or otherwise make publicly available your account, the Service, a part thereof or the material contained therein in any way. Your use of the Service is subject to these Terms and any reasonable instructions provided by Small Giant Games from time to time.

You represent and warrant that the information you provide or provided in connection with registration to, and use of the Services (such as your contact information) is true and accurate. You must keep the password (including without limitation password and other means to access your account or user ID) required for the use of the Service secret and not disclose it to anyone else. You may not assign or transfer your user ID to a third party and you may not allow a third party use the Service with your user ID. If a third party has obtained your password or you have a reason to believe that a third party has obtained your password, you must immediately inform Small Giant Games. You are responsible for actions taken by using your user ID until you have informed us of the loss of the password and Small Giant Games has had a reasonable time to prevent the use of the Service with the user ID.

No devices or connections necessary for the use of the Service are provided subject to these Terms. For the sake of clarity, you are responsible for purchasing, maintaining and updating such devices and connections (including data security) and for any costs related thereto.

Your Account

You shall not share the account or login information (user ID), nor let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account. You are solely responsible for anything that happens through your account, including all uses of the login information and purchases made, whether or not authorised by you.

2. USER CONDUCT AND ENFORCEMENT RIGHTS

Small Giant Games reserves the right to terminate or restrict your access to the Service or a part thereof (including the online discussion board and in-game chat function) permanently or temporarily without prior notice if you violate these Terms or if you abuse the Service. Small Giant Games is entitled to prevent access to the Service if we have reason to believe that you are engaged in illegal activity or compromise other users’ or Small Giant Games’ data security or privacy or if Small Giant Games receives a notice that Your password has gotten into the hands of a third party. Furthermore, Small Giant Games may delete or amend your game progression that has been achieved in violation of these Terms or otherwise abusing the Service.

You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and User Content (as defined below in Section 4) while using the Service, and for any consequences thereof. You agree that you will not:

• use our Service to engage in illegal, abusive, harmful, offensive or otherwise toxic behavior, such as by repeatedly posting content on unsolicited basis or otherwise encumbering the Service, our customer service or other users;
  • use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service;
  • attack, induce a disruption on or try to gain unauthorized access to other users’ accounts or the servers used by the Service;
  • intentionally exploit any in-game bugs (for example, to gain advantage for yourself or harm other users or otherwise interfere with intended gameplay);
  • disrupt or otherwise adversely affect the normal flow of the Service or act in a manner that may negatively affect other users’ experience when using the Service;
  • pose as or claim to be another person, whether this person be another user, a Small Giant Games employee or a third party where possible through the use of any kind of virtual identity including, but not limited to, in-game nicknames or online discussion board avatars;
  • attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or modify any part of our Service; and/or
  • use our Service in any other way not permitted by these Terms or in conflict with the spirit or intent of these Terms.

If you notice or suspect other users cheating or if you identify a bug or error in our Service, please report it to our support team as soon as possible via the following link: https://smallgiant.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We reserve the right to delete your account if no activity is conducted by you in relation to the account for 180 or more days. In such event, you may no longer be able to access and/or use any Virtual Items (as defined below) associated with that account and no refund will be offered to you in relation to the same.

3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND OWNERSHIP RIGHTS

All rights, title and interest in and to the Service (including without limitation any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions and audio-visual effects) are either owned or licensed by Small Giant Games. Small Giant Games reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service.

Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any of Small Giant Games’ games, whether earned in a game or purchased from Small Giant Games, the game account itself, or any other attributes associated with an account or stored on the Service.

4. USER CONTENT

“User Content” means any communications, images, sounds, and all the material, data, and information that you upload or transmit through a Small Giant Games game client or the Service, or that other users upload or transmit, including without limitation any in-game chat text or online discussion board text, pictures or uploaded files. By transmitting or submitting any User Content while using the Service, you affirm, represent and warrant that such transmission or submission (a) is accurate and not confidential; (b) is not in violation of any laws, contractual restrictions or other third party rights, and that you have permission from any third party whose personal information or intellectual property is comprised in the User Content; (c) does not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (d) does not consist of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’ or any other form of solicitation; (e) could not reasonably be viewed as unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, libellous, obscene or otherwise objectionable; and (f) you acknowledge and agree that any of your personal information within such content will at all times be processed by us in accordance with our Privacy Policy. We have the right at any time to remove uploaded User Content from our Services if we decide in our sole discretion that it results in or from a breach of any part of these Terms, or that it may bring us or our Services into disrepute.

We may monitor and use different technical measures to monitor your User Content (including your chat text) and your interactions with the Service. This is done to prevent cheating, reduce toxic player behavior and improve our Services. By using our Services and agreeing to these Terms, you hereby issue your explicit and irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any User Content, including without limitation your chat text. Despite the above, you acknowledge that we have no obligation to actively monitor User Content that is contributed by people that use our Services and we make no undertaking to do so.

You hereby grant to Small Giant Games an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service.

You understand that aside from the explicit principles and processes for promoting your privacy provided by our Privacy Policy in regard to your personal information, all User Content provided by you to us and by the way of the Service to other users, including without limitation any in-game chat text, might be publicly available information accessible by other users or third parties. Small Giant Games recommends that you always consider what kind of information to include in User Content published through the Service.

5. FEES AND PURCHASE TERMS

5.1. Purchases

In the Service you may purchase, with “real world” money, a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use (a) “virtual currency”, including but not limited to virtual cash or “gems”, all for use in our games and (b) “virtual in-game items” (together with “virtual currency”, “Virtual Items” ). You are only allowed to purchase Virtual Items from us or our authorised partners through the Service, and not in any other way.

We reserve the right to control, regulate, change or remove any Virtual Items without any liability to you. The transfer of Virtual Items is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Items to any person or entity, including but not limited to Small Giant Games, another user or any third party.

Please note that when you purchase a licence to use Virtual Items from us, you acknowledge and agree that we will begin the provision of the Virtual Goods or Virtual Money to you promptly once your purchase is complete and therefore your right of withdrawal is lost at this point.

5.2. Payment of Fees

You agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an account registered to you. Small Giant Games may revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. All claims arising in connection with purchases shall be directly addressed towards the application platform operators (Apple in the case of iOS and Google in the case of Android), and you understand and agree that Small Giant Games shall not have any obligation and will not refund any purchases on its own.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SMALL GIANT GAMES IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER SUCH CLOSURE WAS VOLUNTARY OR INVOLUNTARY.

6. UPDATES TO THE SERVICE

Small Giant Games may update its products and subsequently require that you accept updates to the Service and to Small Giant Games’ games you have installed on your devices. You acknowledge and agree that Small Giant Games may update the Service and games made by us, with or without notifying you. You may need to update third party software from time to time in order to receive the Service and play our games.

7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. SMALL GIANT GAMES DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS OR ERROR-FREE. FURTHER, SMALL GIANT GAMES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT IN THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE DATA, OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION EXCHANGE MEDIA ON OR CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE.

Small Giant Games shall not be liable for direct or indirect damages caused by a possible delay, a change or loss of a service, product or material transferred through the Service. Small Giant Games is not liable for direct or indirect damages caused by interruptions and disturbances including loss or delay of data or changes in data due to technical defects or maintenance. Further, Small Giant Games disclaims any liability for direct or indirect damages caused to you by harmful programs (viruses, worms or the like) or incorrect content in the Service. Small Giant Games bears no liability for damages caused by You or by a third party.

Small Giant Games’ maximum liability for direct damages caused to you or your property is at all times limited to the amount paid by you for the use of the Service or part of it during the twelve months immediately preceding the event that gave reasons for the claim. Small Giant Games is never liable for any indirect or unforeseeable damages caused to you at any given circumstances.

Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations may not apply to you. To the extent that Small Giant Games may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any warranty or limit its liability as set forth herein, the scope of such warranty and the extent of the liability of Small Giant Games shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.

8. INDEMNIFICATION

You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Small Giant Games and its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against all damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or resulting from: (i) your use of the Service or Materials; (ii) Materials you submit, post to or transmit through the Service; (iii) any actual or alleged breach by you of these Terms; and/or (iv) your violation of any rights of another.

9. MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS

Small Giant Games reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update the terms and conditions of these Terms without prior notice. Modifications shall become effective immediately upon being posted at the Service. You are bound by any such modifications and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms to which you are bound. Your continued use of the Service or any webpage or feature available through Service after modifications are posted constitutes an acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and its modifications. If, at any time, you do not wish to accept these Terms, you may not use the Service.

10. TERMINATION OF SERVICE

Small Giant Games reserves the right to stop offering and/or supporting the Service or a particular game or part of the Service at any time, at which point your license to use the Service or a part thereof will be automatically terminated. In such event, Small Giant Games shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to users in connection with such discontinued Services. Termination of your account can include disabling your access to the Service or any part thereof including any content you submitted or others submitted.

You may terminate your account at any time and for any reason by contacting us at https://smallgiant.zendesk.com/ informing us that you wish to terminate your account.

11. JURISDICTION, CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM

If a dispute arises between you and Small Giant Games, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by contacting us at https://smallgiant.zendesk.com/ .

All disputes between you and Small Giant Games shall be governed by the laws of Finland, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Small Giant Games must be resolved exclusively by a court located in Helsinki, Finland.

12. GENERAL PROVISIONS

12.1. Additional Terms for App Store Apps

If you downloaded the Service from the Apple Store, you agree to use the Service only on any iOS devices that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.

If you downloaded the Service from any app store or distribution platform, including Apple App Store, Google Play or Amazon Appstore, (” Platform “), you acknowledge and agree that: (i) these Terms are concluded between you and Small Giant Games and not with the Platform. Small Giant Games is solely responsible for the Services; (ii) the Platform has no obligation to provide maintenance or support services regarding the Service; (iii) in the event of any failure of the Services to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the Platform, and the Platform will refund the purchase price for the Service to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Platform will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever regarding the Services. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure of the Services to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Small Giant Games; (iv) the Platform is not responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have relating to the Service or your possession or use of the Service, including product liability claims; claims that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement and claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; (v) the Platform and their subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the Service, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms, the Platform will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the Service against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof; and (vi) you agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the Service nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.

12.2. Copyright Infringement

Small Giant Games respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects the players and the users the Service to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied or used in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify Small Giant Games’ copyright agent as set forth below.

To file a copyright infringement notice, you will need to send a written communication that includes the following: (i) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an e-mail address; (v) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.

Please send your copyright infringement notice to the attention of Small Giant Games’ copyright agent as follows: Small Giant Games Oy, Attn: Legal / Copyright Agent, Bulevardi 2-4, 00120 Helsinki, Finland or via https://smallgiant.zendesk.com/ .

12.3. Assignment

Small Giant Games may assign or delegate these Terms and/or Privacy Policy, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Terms or Privacy Policy without Small Giant Games’ prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is ineffective.

12.4. Supplemental Policies

Small Giant Games may publish additional policies related to specific services. Your right to use such services is subject to those specific policies and these Terms.

12.5. Entire Agreement

These Terms, any supplemental policies and any documents expressly incorporated by reference herein (including Privacy Policy), set out the entire agreement between you and Small Giant Games concerning its Services and they replace all earlier agreements and understandings between you and Small Giant Games.

12.6. No Waiver

The failure of Small Giant Games to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these terms does not waive its right to enforce such right. Any waiver of such rights shall only be effective if it is in writing and signed by Small Giant Games.

12.7. Notices

Small Giant Games may give notices to users of the Service, at its option, by posting a message on the Service, by email or conventional mail or by any other means by which users may obtain actual knowledge thereof. Notices by users to Small Giant Games must be given via the support tool or conventional mail. Notices to Small Giant Games via the support tool must be sent from https://smallgiant.zendesk.com/ . Notices to Small Giant Games by conventional mail should be sent to: Small Giant Games Oy, at Bulevardi 2-4, 00120 Helsinki, Finland. Notices by a user to Small Giant Games will not change these Terms unless the change is expressly accepted in writing by an authorized officer of Small Giant Games.

1 Like

By posting and stating herein on the official Small Giant Games forum, I hereby reserve the rights to which you are attempting to trick me into giving away, in order to play a game that I have already been playing. Any issue arising from previous game-play, regardless of what subsequent ToS may claim, are preserved, reserved, and available to be argued henceforth as seen fit by me. The End.

You accept these terms by not taking down your game servers indefinitely.