šŸ… [Second Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on the Updated Raid Tournament Matchmaking & Difficulty Bonus

Definitely a hockey thing!! Have a small league with foreign exchange students from Russia and other places come play on age limit 16-19 league in Central U.S. they trying to get noticed and fight every game. That age group a little feisty too. Way off topic ha. DES Moines Buccaneers!

Funny how in one itā€™s a 5 minute penalty and others like a 3 game suspension. And for some tourney feedback my defense was attacked once and lost and not touched again resulting in E.

I knew there should not have been so many complaints over zero attacks and a C grade. Iā€™ll trade for last week please!

So hereā€™s my concern about the defense bonus points summed in 1 question:
Shouldnā€™t there be a minimum amount of defenses before one can be labelled in one of the defense bonus categories?

To explain shortly, if I only get attacked once, simple maths gives 2 options, either win or loss, then 0% or 100%, seems pretty unfair if youā€™re to defend against ā€œLucky McLuckā€
If youā€™re supposed to get ranked on your average win/loss ratio, then IMO, there should be a minimum data to get that average (from my dictionary, 2 is the minimum), Iā€™d say 4 would be fair :

• since every player gets 5attacks, and taking out inactive ones, I think 4 defense/day is realistic
  • this seems fair enough, not to be too low and get lower bonus if you got unlucky ; and not too high that some players would get cut out.

Hope this is clear enough to be discussed.

1 Like

The main thread for discussing questions and concerns with tournament matchmaking and defense is here:

Since your question is really more of a discussion point than a bug or issue, Iā€™d encourage you to bring it to that thread.

Thanks, given the full day without activity, I moved that post here so it would get some attention. :heart_decoration:

1 Like

This actually sounds more like the issue we are seeing with maxed 3 star teams not being attacked again after an initial loss. May want to copy your results to that thread so the devs have more info and accounts to look into once the tournament concludes.

Topic: RaidTournament Bug: after your defense (full maxed 3*) gets attacked and losses (goes 0%-E_ you are not attacked anymore and get 4x200 points cumulated from your defense

1 Like

Dear SG, defense bonus depends on you defense team results. Do you think, it is fair to be attacked only 2 times for two days. Some have over 20? Is it too complicated to make it equal?

my 2 cents on defense bonus:
it should be guaranteed to have at least 5 attacks during 1 tournament, and the bonus for defense should be added only once - on the calculation of rewards period, not daily like nowā€¦
for example there were a lot of ppl who were attacked only once during 1st day and unfortunately they lost so their bonus is bound to be E or A in case of wining, that means some people get lucky to have 900 pts only for 1 defense attempt, and some have 200ā€¦ would be totally equal if the bonus comes only once on last day, that means no matter how much you loose or win u will have not so big difference between others and will be rewarded for YOUR performance in attacks not AIā€™s on defense

I think they should just go with an Elo system. Weight the defensive battles around 10% of the offensive ones, but still fix the matching distribution of course. In calculating rating change, weight difference in rating less in the early battles. But weight win-loss difference more in later battle so Swiss Gambit isnā€™t advantageous. SGG still needs a way to reward player for buying a continue, so at the very end add points for each attack done, whether won or lost.

Been attacked about 20 times so far (others in my alliance 1 or 2 times). :thinking:

I fell out of the tournament. Always faced teams with level 15-20 emblems with maxed troops. Why do people even give that many emblems to 3*s? And why did i got constantly matched with these teams?

2 Likes

Maybe because the loot is that good! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah thats why i really donā€™t understand all the hassle.

Well, I suspect there are a fair chunk of players that donā€™t have a lot of 4+ and get value (even outside the tournament) from talenting 3s. I have also been up against talented teams with mine which are not. Itā€™s not that massive a difference. Though I admit on my first day I got wrecked by reviving rudolphs!

As for the troops, I guess feeding up some 2s and 3s can be of use in challenge events as well, so some players will be doing that.

So I donā€™t think itā€™s all for the tournament, but if it is, I find that quite funny :slight_smile:

Iā€™m at 12W-3L, managed to stay in one more day.

Edit: I met a reviving Renfeld todayā€¦ he even did the revive-special combo to no avail. Even talented he sucks.

1 Like

You just confirm my belief that the developers are doing a half assed job. Identifying target audience is one of the first things they should do. Another thing they should do is write down specification. What it has to do, what it canā€™t do, etc. This information is needed for testing after all! It feels like theyā€™ve released the beta tournament to the masses. The time it took them to ā€œfixā€ the tournament suggests they didnā€™t do it properly.

The main reason Iā€™m angry at the tournament is because I see that they didnā€™t treat the tournament project properly. Seems like they went straight to programming without making sure they have everything figured out.

2 Likes

Probably posted many times before: attacks not used are lost at the end of a day. May be it is necessary but i expected it to be different and it should be written down in the description of rules, in my opinion.

The matchmaking clearly doesnā€™t work as described.
I have a defense team of 1400 as I donā€™t have any maxed 3*.
But my first opponent already had a team power of 2200ā€¦
Same applies to my defense stats.
We attacked 2 times, both lost and those guys had a defense of 2000ā€¦

I hope the next tournament will be 4* or 5*.

2 Likes

Scoring and sandbag apart, i had much more fun this time. Always face maxed 3* teams, very often talented.

Great improvement but still work in progress.
Almost there.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve only had one defense, and lost it early day 1. For some reason your grade rolls over from day to day, so Iā€™m receiving zero defense points indefinitely unless im ever attacked again. This should reset daily if the amount of hits on each defense are going to not be evenly distributed

Hate the tournament. For me, it takes all the fun away.

2 Likes