Different version?

Someone raided me yesterday and when I tried to revenge it says they are playing on a different version. As far as I know, no updates were released so why cant I revenge?

1 Like

There actually is a new version rolling out now:

New releases are always announced in #news-announcements, so that’s a good place to look for them.

If you don’t want to constantly look there, you can actually subscribe notifications to that category (that’s what I do), which @Gryphonknight wrote a quickie guide on setting up — it’s literally one step:

(@Kerridoc @Rook @Coppersky recommend closing as duplicate of the various “different version raid” issue threads, e.g. Why I can't revenge raid these players "Note: this player is playing on a different app version"? [MASTER])

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply! However this seems a bit unfair as I am losing the chance to revenge this player as s/he moves down my watchtower. Any chance to either roll out to everyone faster or reward something to unrevenged raids?

That would be a question for SG staff, I’m just a fellow player. :slight_smile:

But from my understanding, there are some limitations to how quickly a rollout can be done because Apple controls the release approval timing outside of the developers’ control.

And for this release in particular, SG seems to be phasing the Android rollout somewhat incrementally, judging by this thread:

An incremental rollout is a good way to catch potential issues/bugs — and @Garanwyn noted that some people are having connectivity issues after updating, which would be a good reason to slow the release:

I think he’s referring to these threads:

So maybe it’s for the best that we don’t have the update yet (I don’t yet either)? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Duplicate thread. Please follow up in a linked thread.

Cookie Settings