Different Defense formations with graphics

Snippet from thread that Olmor linked, TLDR it’s the same thing already posted about the weakness of the W formation hitting all opposing enemies.

Wouldn’t be much of a problem, since you can choose it or not. Inverted V would probably become the most chosen.

Formations wouldn’t force any rebalancing imo.

If you advance yourself by W to support everybody with e.g. Margret, your enemy will benefit from hitting all with e.g. Evelyn.

Imo this will balance itself, since each formation would give you advantages as well as disadvantages.

Same with tile damage, spread or focus, pros as well as cons.

It would be great to have different formations. Maybe to avoid the “target/caster and nearbies” becoming OP, the W/M-formation could have a space in the middle row so it would keep the maximum 2 neighbors, I guess.

Edit: instead of 0-3-2 for W-formation 3-0-2 or 1-2-2, for example:
formation

1 Like

Your no dout correct and that would make it part of the challenge when choosing hero’s and formation. Having said that I wouldn’t go changing the current hero’s specials because of it as that would kill the varity if challenges. Leave the hero’s as they are and the new heros according to the format options. Just my opinion.

It woukd certainly completely change the way teams are put together without a dout at all BUT just imagine the new extremely enormous fun and challenges thus change would make niw only in raids but in AW’s.

If this was implemented I would really like to hope it done across the board and not just limited to a single event or area like raids, but should it be then so be it.

Should this excellent idea ever be considered by the devs it leaves it open for a couple of ( in my opinion) important questions though.

1. should the chosen formation by the opponent be displayed when choosing your attack team.
  2. Should the attacking team be forced to use the same formation as the defense team or have an option to choose their own formation agsinst the defense team.

This idea would most certainly bring Empires & Puzzles to a whole new level for sure.

:+1::clap: and to the devs :pray: Please.

3 Likes

b30b80d9ef5193faa5be4e5249e3d5c48b67aa6a
how about this one ‘T’

This is certainly an interesting one but will severely block mana gain but defended from normal attacks.
So in an attack team this could be nice to have a slow hero in the back.

Although for an attack formation i might want a “+”. Then I might finally have some purpose for Elena (center position) who is way too weak in defense to make use of her ability.

This doesn’t respect the rule of « only one hero can block 3 corridors » so it would be unbalanced