Different Defense formations with graphics

I think it has been talked about before, but without a doubt, the feature that would add the single most depth and increased strategy, hero diversity and challenge would be the option to add different defensive formations, both in wars and normal defense. There are so many heroes that are left out but that would have a perfect spot in new defensive formations, it would really, imo, take the game to new unprecedented heights.
Now to take one step farther, I have designed possible formations that would follow the basic rules of the current formations:

• 7 tile corridors
  • 3 hero depth level possible
  • One hero who covers 3 corridors and 4 heroes who cover 2 each (if a formation would allow more then one hero to cover 3 corridors then it would become an unbalanced ghost tile stopper)
  • Each hero must have only 2 neighboring hero, to keep powers that affect ‘‘nearby heroes’’ balanced

So I have the inverted V:

INverted%20V

The Double tank or ‘‘W’’

W%20formation

The Big back tank

Back%20tank

The asymetrical gambit (lol)

Asymetrical%202%20tank

The big front line with protected snipers

Big%20front%20line

OLD players feel BORED with current raid setup, please give NEW FORMAT

Really…really interesting topic, my friend! :wink: the W formation it’s intriguing me so much…

1 Like

And people would be loving their Cheshire Cat heroes

3 Likes

Here is an old disscusion

3 Likes

My view is if somebody will change his formation on any of your suggestions it will make his team weaker. Specialy W or M formations are the worst ones. You can know them from map cleaning. If you shoot on middle player with Hero like Grimm it will make minor damage for all Heroes. Current defence formation is the best option in all.

2 Likes

Anything that keeps the game fresh and makes me want to drag out some different heroes is a great idea, in my opionion.

This game has so much potential.

2 Likes

I get what you are saying, and there might be a meta where the original ‘‘V’’ is the average best option, but for sure in this scenario (as stated in my premises) Grimm wouldn’t hit all enemies, always just 3. It’s easy to do, the developers are not stuck with normal map mob rules.
I could see though the ‘W’ or the asymmetrical one with two very fast heroes (like GM, Margaret, Kage) of 2 different colors in the front be a really interesting option.

1 Like

Or the Big front line with a regular good tank like Guinn or Aegir, and fast heroes on the side that will charge faster then on the usual ‘‘V’’ formations

1 Like

Like mentioned grimm would potentially hit all 5, but this works both ways, perfect riposte would also work on all 5 if put center in W or M formation.

So this could be interesting. All formations have their pro’s and con’s.

It is worth investigating if you ask me.

3 Likes

This is an awsome idea… its a fight game and would give raids (pvp battles) some real meaning , doesnt meter if ur strong/weak , implementing some strategy in wars/raids is amazing to prevent that everything become routine . Rly great idea :wink: Voted !

3 Likes

This is a great suggestion as it would most certainly bring some new strategy options like using 2 or 3 tanks.

Question though.

Do you think the formations should be displayed when opponents are chosen/displayed and when your chosing your attack team? Or not.

2 Likes

I love this idea. It would add so much depth and variety to the game. Making less used heroes viable. Entirely new strategies of attack and defense. I really hope the developers consider this idea.

1 Like

I believe i read this idea before somewhere but i can’t find the thread. mod can move this to existing one.

I’m an old player and recently feel so bored with current raid format which is in “V” shape (aka: 1 tank 2 flank 2 corner). Please SG make a variety of defense team shape, not only “V” format but can be “inverted V” (aka 2 corner front, 2 flank and 1 middle in the back) or “W” shape or “M” shape. This will give some refreshment and new strategy to the game that ignite spark for old players.

Current raid with V shape already obsolete and boring in my opinion

9 Likes

Here it is:

4 Likes

Merged. Thanks @jinbatsu for making the connection! :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

Suggestions of exactly this should possibly be merged into that one:

Would a merge treat votes cumulatively?

1 Like

Very cool idea to mix this up a little. I would even suggest 3 on 3. It’s friendly to beginners too because they may not have 5x 5* heroes but they might have 2 or 3. They could make the format rotate like in raid tournaments to keep it interesting.

3 Likes

This would add A LOT of options to the game.
In campaign mode sometimes enemies are in these formations.
Possibly have some formations unlocked only with certain heroes or items?
With the standard inverted V wedge across 7 columns and 3 rows, it leaves the tank exposed to 3 of 7 and the other 4 at one column each. Some of the shown formations, such as the C or inverted W, completely block access to some heroes, which may be a bit too powerful.
Other formations, such as the W, have the a hero that has more than two adjacent allies, which would make specials that affect target and nearest MUCH more powerful (also probably overpowered with the correct heroes).
Adding the inverted V would be a good option since it would not affect specials too much. Other select few, such as the W would be good if tied to specific heroes in certain positions as to not be abusable.

That would offer a tremendous variety of strategies to pvp and would probably add the most interesting feature ever suggested.

1 Like

I find it as a great idea! Very funny that would change the game a lot, maybe add so many types, but add 2 or 3 more possibilities … For some time I did not see an idea that I liked so much …