Devs, sit down here a minute, we need to talk – Improve War Loot & War Chest Rewards

Yes it is… IF the quality of rewards receivable in AW chest is considered better on average over time than the increase in rewards offered by a higher titan tier.

People do drop Raid tiers to pass on chance of better drops for more regular drops (and/or more food). So we know people are willing to do it… it’s about net gain over time.

So…
Introducing AW chest that is based on wins and/or some other performance metric in the war (kills, or points gained) raises the possibility of teams gaming the system to get the rewards. The probability of this happening would depend entirely on the rewards.

This leaves:

• Make the rewards sufficiently rubbish as to not offer the incentive… in which case why bother?
    or
  • Have decent chest rewards, but then you may need to address the matching system so it is more related to AW (i.e. you can’t easily game the system in another unrelated part of the game (Titans) to get net better reward rate over time, and in so doing derail the fairness of the AW system)
    or
  • Make the rewards entirely participation based (raid flags) in which case there is no incentive to game the system… just incentive to play. (For me this is the winner)
    or
  • Keep things exactly as they are because of course the rewards are great already. (Sorry, I don’t buy this :slight_smile: . Besides, even if I do, I’m sure an occasional chance to get some more goodies every 4 weeks or so is not exactly going to break the bank or over-inflate the in-game economy… and would still be ‘nice’, wouldn’t it? )

P.S.) It was stated SG policy when announcing they are working on AW to have it as an extra source of ascension items… so I feel an increased reward rate offered by AW is not inconsistent with SG’s aims for the game.

P.P.S.) Keep the personal side out of it. Just because someone doesn’t agree with your point does not make it a personal attack.

3 Likes

Why should we bother that? It would be an Alliance decision whether they prefer higher Titans or better AW rewards.
It’s a game and there is nothing wrong in attempts to play with different approaches.

It’s not a problem for the alliance making the decision to drop titans.
It becomes a pain for the alliance they end up facing in the war. Unlike raids, where you can choose to pass on an enemy you can see outpowers you (because they dropped cups) you will be stuck with the team you are matched with in AW.

So their decision to drop to improve their reward rate impacts on your enjoyment of AW by being outmatched when you face them (which will also impact on your rate of earning AW rewards if it is at all AW performance based).

So no, I don’t think it’s a good concept… unless of course you start allowing alliances to re-roll their foe. Can’t say I’d fancy that - it would be hard work to assess each opposing alliance to determine if you want to re-roll them or not… but I guess could be included in my options above for completeness. (This choice option also suffers from the fact that each alliance has to agree to the other in the match… so where you ‘agree’ the match because you think it’s a nice easy win for you, the foe may well pass. It starts becoming quite hard to produce matches in this way).

1 Like

This bring us to another highly debatable question about AW matching system. It doesn’t look right to choose AW opponents based on a Titan score. But without mixing the subjects let just assume that with an adjusted AW matching dropping titan rates should not be useless for AWs.

I’m actually ok with the Titan matching system. It’s not ‘ideal’ but it kinda works. It just falls down if there is sufficient incentive to game the AW system. At the moment there isn’t so it doesn’t happen. (Of course it still may if an alliance puts ego (AW win) over Titan rewards, but I’m pretty sure that’s sufficiently rare as to not to be much of a concern).

2 Likes

Sorry if I was not clear.

F2P MMO have the opposite of handicapping, call it handiBoosting.

A poor player with a 5* 4.80 team can easily beat a perfect player with a 3* 3.50 team, and that is the way the Devs like it. That is why Elo’s math has problems with F2P MMOs and why Top 100 is always a race to get maximum teams power and synergy.

2 Likes

Very well put… But I’m feeling like the reason the rewards aren’t so great is clearly an attempt at getting is to spend real money…

1 Like

Love the discussion. A lot of great points made. All in all, I believe AW has been a great addition and look fwd to seeing improvement as everything evolves.

Agree that AW rating is needed to match opponents. Titan score could be part of it I suppose, but an alliance could be great at titans and suck at AW (they are vastly different and require different approaches and strategy). Win-loss, average number of flags used per war by entire alliance, number of attack points entire alliance earns could be some things used to create an AW score rating for each alliance. Disagree greatly in allowing alliances to somehow select opponent.

Don’t see how leaving as-is contributes to success of AW. Over time, interest will be lost and less and less will see value in participating. I like the idea of adding an AW chest tied to participation. That said, there should be an incentive to winning, just like there is additional benefit to defeating a titan and winning a raid.

Don’t make AW loot superior to titan loot and by having a separate matching system than titan score takes away any incentive to drop titans. Titan loot quality increases when you advance to superior titans. Since I like the idea of having an AW participation incentive best, I would propose increasing AW loot quality based on an alliance war score rating, where win-loss can be a part of it, but participation is more regarded.

5 Likes

What if there were a tiered system of divisions for alliances (like the raid tiers) that would spread out the loot so that more alliances benefited instead of just the top overall.

Not going to spend money and time to build up 6 teams for such meager rewards.

1 Like

Is there a possibility of a system where people in an alliance can trade items to aid others in ascensions?

1 Like

I’m just going to throw this out there.

New variable AW score. Averaged score from AW. For example Alpha scored 1500 in first war, 2500 in second war, 5000 in third war their average score would be 3000.
Treat AW Score like trophies and do war chests based on arena. Copper silver gold ect and so forth.
Set the war chest like raid chests every 1000 heroes the space kills collectively opens a war chest.

I agree with the OP ideas for the war chests. Put an epic hero/troop token in for each level perhaps. So copper 1token, 2 for silver, 4 for gold ect.

Finally if we increase the Ascension item drops on Titans we’re not likely to see many alliances sand bag the AW pairing by Titan score.

To save sever memory I would suggest only keeping the last 8 AW scores to average out.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Love this. To much effort for awful rewards…

1 Like

Hi boys.
I haven’t done many AW but enjoy reading the forum posts.
Your asking for better materials when winning AW and whst I get the gist of is that it needs to be even for all teams big and small which is understandable.

So why not leave it as is but then also include say something like your suggested chest of greater goodies to the first or every allience to wins say 6 matches.

This way you not only get the best of both worlds but you also boost up every alliances moral for wanting to get involved and win.

It’s a win win way of doing it don’t you think.

3 Likes

Great, I like what you are writing! ;)))

1 Like

No, really? You need to improve the algorithm for issuing loot! It’s not funny at all. Random is good, but not in this scale. You already see most of topics when people compare daily loot, and titan chest or mystic vision.

BUT!
i have granted THIS in war chest! really? Min 5 victorious war for…that??? WTF??? 3* items and titan flask? 5 gems? really? in war chest???

There is so extremly imperceptible graduation between chests, so… i have no words.

This has been going on for months, and you still show the blindness in loot-problem

Do Something!
Make more difference between chests, make more usefull loot from wars and titans - may be it will be correlation between lvl and damage, or something like that.

We fighting for loot and we need more loot to fight.
We playing games for take a break
But, playing for this?

You call it ‘randomize’?
No, this is mockery, humiliation, a slap in our faces

Will you improove your game?
We need that

2 Likes

So, it was the same problem a year ago and SGGs ignore that?
It was nothing to do but nerfing loot at all, not just war chest.

I wish E&P team same salary for they work - randomly and nerfed just like in your game, I wish you to get a lot of unnecessery things for your effort, and may be something really interesting will get the worst employee, just like in your game, i wish you be ignored by people you asking for something, just like you do in your game

I will be waiting for reply for sometime, but I think it doesn’t make sense, and then I leave

tired

4 Likes

Could not agree more. Have never played a more non-rewarding game in my life.
…AND I’VE PLAYED DIABLO III GOD DAMNIT!!!

Increase 4* AM chances or I’m out of here very soon.

1 Like

To be honest. The odds of getting an answer from the devs here are exactly equal of getting something useful from the loot in their game…

2 Likes

When this topic was made the War Chest did not exist, the title has been edited to cover that.

Loot for wars remains pretty mediocre still though. The chances of getting something decent from it for the effort that it requires to win, simply doesn’t add up to me.

War chest has been kind to me once in a while but it’s the hardest one to fill. Winning 5 wars consecutively isn’t something that happens often, and even if it does happen that’s a 2 week and 3 days minimum wait.

Minimum wait, yeah :smiley: average wait time to get it filled is longer than that! Usually every 1 or 2 months. So I do agree that the rewards should be better to match the effort.

2 Likes