Developing current game content as opposed to adding new

Yeah, I’m not keen on extra flags for war. The raid tournament style restrictions would be nice, but I think instead that a lot of the standard 5v5 meta and the position meta for this game has been more or less solved, esp at the highest levels (look how similar top raid defenses are). Doing something to break this up would be enormously refreshing and give a lot of players something new to talk about. So applying something like raid tournament rules, at the start of the war, but something to change the importance/effect at each position (ie left/right flank, wing, centre), eg

Left flank position cannot be filled! Wars 4v4! Tiles ghosted through this gap provide regular mana bonus but deal regular damage/provide debuff to attacker (eg silence, def debuff, dot) (Locked out position/debuff can change)

One hero on each team randomly silenced for one round at the end of each round!

Left/ride side of field has dot and atk debuff applied to heroes here!

Different positions get mana buff/debuff. Changes throughout war but constant during any given battle (eg flag 1 tank buff left wing debuff, flag 2 right flank buff right wing debuff)

Field power effects - tiles get affected randomly with positive/negative bonuses. If you destroy a tile with a certain buff/debuff marker, then all heroes of that colour get that buff/debuff for some number of rounds.

I think a lot of the fatigue at high levels is just due to the simplicity of the match 3 game, and there’s only so much that power creep can do to solve it. Tinkering with the fundamentals slightly like this could really mix things up. It ain’t broke, but it could use some fixin’

2 Likes

I think a couple (perhaps somber) points that need to be made are:

1. I’m sure the most emphasis is put on collecting new players. The more new players the more players that will spend money, and I’d be willing to bet a lot that the highest spending occurs in first 6 months to 1 year.

2. Heroes make the most money by a mile, so a constant influx is always going to be the case with quality of life features being fit in when and if there is time.

That being said, I’m fairly content with where the game is currently, and for disclosure I’ve been playing about 7 months. I think this is a game where long time players and free to play players will always be somewhat ignored because they either a) make up a small percentage of the player base or b) don’t generate much if any net revenue for the company.

3 Likes

You have a lot of good points here, Volsfan. It boils down to wanting new ways to play the game and adding additional content that makes us want to - have to - focus on more than the regular “go to” heroes. I am all tailoring the game content to match various hero properties.

I don’t like the idea of adding more flags to wars though. I can see this being tempting for those that have played for 2.5 years and have 40+ 5* heroes maxed. I think this idea will put a larger gap between those working hard to reach “the top” and those that already are there.

I think the way the leaderboard is retained at the moment is fair and as much as I would like to see new content, I don’t think any new additions should directly impact your respective alliances scores as a whole, but rather reward you on a personal level.

• I like the idea of only being able to use a hero once in the raid tournaments.

• I also think hero capacity should be better.

• I’ve been thinking it might be cool to have a strong boss, much like a titan, and have two alliances fight over killing it first/doing most dmg to it. Winning team gets some reward like killing a titan. Nothing wrong with the bosses having some vulnerability rules also, that forced us to use a greater variety of heroes.

• Raid tournaments were a good addition to the game. I would however like to see some sort of tournament that was smaller in scale and more personal.

I’ll pop back and update this when I get more time.

3 Likes

I really like the idea of extra war flags, but am a bit nervous at the idea that war defenses have gotten way stronger than other heroes can match at the moment with emblems, and so I’d propose that we could set more than one war defense to balance that out.

In that case, I’d see two options. 1) We attack a secondary defense with the extra flags. 2) each member gets to set multiple defenses, which replace the previous one, where they are set to be replaced after x amount of deaths (to be assessed how many times to keep things balanced) by the next one.

2 Likes

Emblems are definitely breaking War, and it’s only going to continue to get worse, IMO. One solution would be to simply strip heroes on War defense of their emblems for that purpose. That would also make costumes more interesting and valuable.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in here. I agree that not everyone has a plethora of maxed heroes, but that is what the alliance score is used for. I would imagine as War does change/improve that war score will still be a determining factor. At this point everything being added to the game is to appeal to newer players. The “whales” as you put it, are the ones commenting on this post. I don’t consider myself a whale, but I have amassed 65 maxed 5* heroes so if I fit that category, add me to the list. I am done spending money chasing heroes that I will never use. Hence my original post.

I like the idea but with the caveat that it be based on war score. For the top alliances, fielding 40/50 heroes might not be too much of a problem. However, in my alliance, I have one of the most developed rosters and can’t even field 30 lv 70+ heroes.

I know that I personally would not enjoy trying to fight teams with maxed abd emblemed 4/5* with just my 3* and many of my alliance members would be using 1/2*. For my alliance, I think this would discourage war participation.

Now a tiered war based on war score would be great since some alliances might do better with even fewer than 6 war flags while others could possibly go up to 10. However, this would necessarily need to be accompanied by a change to the Path of Valor war quest since it wouldn’t be fair of some players had significantly more war flags to use.

2 Likes

I re-bump my idea of a survival mode event, which you keep fighting waves of heroes or mobs replacing your fallen heroes with your bench until you use them all.

That should give meaning to all of them and of course a huge advantage on deep benches.

5 Likes

Now that has to THE Best suggestion I have ever heard on this forum yet when it comes to something new.

They wouldn’t have to be a random sequence just make it so it starts with a 3 star war then the next à 4 star war and the à 5 star and then back again. Very simple.

The only problem I see here is I doubt most players will have a roster of 30 3* s if there are even that many and same with 4 but you could use 3* there and 5 covers the current method which would make this idea pretty hard to implement.

But the idea is excellent though.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how many players were here when the wars first started. None of us really knew how they were going to work and even fewer players had anywhere near a roster of 30 heroes, let alone leveled up ones.

I fought my first three or fours wars using 3 star trainers and 2 star heroes. Gradually we started replacing the trainers and 2 stars with 3 stars.

I can honestly say that those were the most exciting and fun wars we fought. Pretty much everyone was in the same predicament.

6 Likes

Same here but I think if creating mandatory 3* battles there would need to be some sort of leaway to fit the current existing amount of 3* and then if you don’t have that roster your fall-back would then be as you stated using trainer etc etc, but the designing concept couldn’t go beyond the scope of the current availability 3* s being expecting players to have 6 3* teams when there isn’t that many 3* in the game.

1 Like

I don’t think the player base would have the tolerance for it now. Back before the wars were introduced we we were starving for new content and were willing to put up with a lot more frustration in order to see it added.

1 Like

Regarding wars, I think a good way to improve them is by adding the three and four stars into the mix.
I would suggest the following to “improve it”:

General Structure:
-Each participant fields 3 defenses, a three star defense, a four star defense and a 5 star defense (so you can put 3* heroes in the 5* defense as example). Heroes can be used in more than one of the defenses
-Each attacker has 6 flags (just like now) and can decide if attacking the three star defense, the four star defense or the 5 star defense.

Rules are:
-If attacking the 3 star defense, you can only field 3* heroes (or less). Same for 4* and 5* defenses.

• Heroes can only be used once.

Points and reset:
-Cooldowns for teams would be a little bigger (because there are more defenses to attack) and the reset would be done separately for 3*, 4* and 5* fields.
-Each field would have the same amount of points, to reward more coordination and strategy among alliances (like: should we go all over 3s so we crush them in that map and win war? should we emblem all defenses similarly so as to prevent having a weak 3, 4* or 5* map?)

There would be 3 slides in the tab war with each of the defenses field (3*, 4* and 5*).
Rules like no colors or class or buff booster and stuff can be used as well.

I think overall it would improve greatly the war experience, and would reward alliances that are more coordinated and plan well their attacks. As example, they may prefer to attack the 4* field because those defenses are weaker or something like that.

Another option would be doing the following:

• Again, field a 3* defense, a 4* defense and a 5* defense. Each attacker has 8 attacks, and must do two of them to the 3* defenses, 2 of them in 4* defenses and 4 of them to 5* defenses.
  • Again, we have separate maps and resets.
    To make it easier, all flags should be available at the start of the war.
  • The rest of the structure is similar, but one difference. Heroes can only be used once PER CATEGORY, so four starts could be used in the 4* category once, and then against 5* heroes once. This would help to reduce the need of having 40 heroes. In fact, only twenty would be needed ! (10 three star heroes could be used in attacks for 3*, 4* and 5* attacks, then 10 four star heroes could be used to supplement the 5* attacks) this would help beginners that do not have 30 heroes for war.

This is a little bit long so thanks for reading guys. What do you think?
Yay or nay?

How about heroes used in war defense can’t be used in war offense :slight_smile: that would make some tough, strategic decisions for some players I think. As well as immediately lengthening used heroes to 35.

I think the # of flags going from 6 to more than 6 is touchy. A lot of players dislike wars as is… adding more war hits would definitely be met with mixed feelings.

Maybe an alliance could specify how many flags they want to use, from 6-9, and itd be averaged or randomly chosen between the two matched alliances’ numbers?

2 Likes

We all know what the whale is.It is the people who pour money into the game like pouring pi.ss out of a boot

As a 2yr long player with a decent roster I feel this is a great discussion mostly for the bigger players as any beginners and semi mid level players wouldn’t have a decent roster till about the 12 month mark, unless they put in big bucks on summons of cause and got lucky.

But even though I find the new added features welcoming and a delight I still find myself lacking the ability to enjoy the same old daily quests and as mentioned above earlier the completed maps.

I think what this part of the game needs and is lacking is the ability to have these areas grow as a player is growing thus we find ourselves doing the same old quests and maps we once found to be challenging to now be more a boring attempt at killing time. I mean when I do daily quests these days and for at least the last 12 months or so I have been using the same old team without a Single change of heroes in all this time and either use loot tickets if I am in a hurry or just put it on auto play whilst I am cooking or watching TV, there literally is no more challenging aspect to any of these what so ever ANYMORE.

I feel if the game (basically along the same lines as my map suggestion) if the game was to grow and increase in difficulty in these areas as a player grows in strength thus via levels or roster strengths then it would most definitely become more interesting and challenging on a constant bases.

I think your very much limiting beginners here ad they have a right to do wars as well so I don’t see this ever working really. Maxed is just not an option when dealing with players of any and all levels.

Hi @Ozy1 I did not mean the heroes must be maxed, I meant the heroes could have maximum 3 stars haha, so one defense with 3 heroes only, other with 3 and 4 heroes (hence, heroes can have maximum four stars) and the last allowing heroes of all rarities

2 Likes

Lol, suggestion then if I may.

Remove the word Max from those sentences as they would/are not require there to make your point, example

Says and means the same.

It then makes your suggestion a more valid one should others interpret it the same way I did.

2 Likes

Thanks, just edited!
By the way, what do you think about what I suggested? It may require more work and coordination but definitely way more different defenses, strategy and overall less of the same thing (repetitive purple/yellow tanks, etc)

1 Like

The 3 défense team option/idea has been brought up before many times before over the last couple of years with mixed feelings (as is everything anyway, lol)
I for one like the idea.

As for the the 3 and 4 star suggestions it was also suggested by @princess1 further up and I also liked that idea.

Cheers

1 Like