DEVELOPERS? Alliance War Scoring calculations Explained?

It was posted in another thread, it was available to all. There is no unfair or inherent advantage to anyone.

The bonus is exactly what the value is of a whole team. If a team is worth 33 points, finishing off the opponent will net you another 33 points so 66 in total. What to take from this is to make sure that you finish off an opponent as it is necessary to score the most points.

2 Likes

Clearing a team will yield a “victory bonus,” per official posting here:

https://smallgiant.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001566714-Alliance-Wars-Change-Log

For the lazy

1 Like

Frompetris post:

That is a big bonus! That will make going for the stronger teams better than last saturday when the bonus wasn’t applied.

1 Like

You were faster than I​:upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue:

i couldnt find it before… the sarcasm wasn’t necessary.

Kerridoc beat us both with the link!

1 Like

nevermind i saw it now

To clarify (sorry because I posted in another one as well);

The bonus is applied if you one shot KO the team? So a full team of 5 at full health - you walk up and smoke em, and then you get DOUBLE that value?

No, the bonus is for killing the last heor of a team no matter the circumstances

I’m having a dense moment. Can you elaborate how that works with actual (fake) points?

If you kill 4 members of the team that would normally net you 33 points, you will get somewhere around 27 points for that. If you take out the remaining hero, you will score 6 points for that hero and then another 33 points for the finishing kill bonus. Whether you were able to accomplish this in one hit or in 5 hits, the total net gain is the same. The 66 points would be available in total to all, whoever does get the finishing kill will be the only one that nets the bonus points.

1 Like

Let’s say there’s a victory bonus of 20% of the team’s HP value. So a given team may have 25 points from HP, plus 5 points for the victory bonus. I take down four of the heroes with my first run, scoring 20 points. I go in again, kill the final hero, scoring 5+5 = 10.

Ok, so which of the two is it?

In one scenario there’s 66 points, in another there’s 35?

PS - thanks for humoring me

We don’t know how big the victory bonus is. In @haylc’s example, it’s 100% of the base value. In mine, it’s 20%.

1 Like

AH - that makes sense. It seemed like it was known what it was.

It’s 100% from the first AW, Devs said it was a bug in the 2nd one so I’m assuming it will return to the original amount which is 100%. @sleeperZ96BT

2 Likes

It was a hefty bonus in beta, certainly made it worthwhile to spend a flag on cleanup.

@haylc is right; on beta and first war it was 100% bonus for finishing off an opponent.

I’m a little concerned that alliances are going to run out of flags with the new respawn timer. Guess we’ll see how it goes, but last war when I got on late (6h remaining) there were very limited targets and it’s going to be worse this time without the revive bug coming into play.