Devana – 5* Holy/ Yellow - July 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM RELEASED for July 2021: Devana

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Devana, as well as your thoughts on her.

If you’d like to discuss whether Devana is appropriately balanced, or possibly in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Devana

Devana

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Ranger
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 799 814 1514
4/90 914 932 1732
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2021
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist #1: This hero has an innate resistance against dispels of buffs (image)
:no_entry_sign: Resist #2: This hero has an innate resistance against incoming negative effects and damage from Minions.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Arrows and Claws
  • Deals 255% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Summons a Lynx Minion with 35% HP and 35% attack inherited from the caster.
  • Before a Lynx Minion hits a target, it destroys all Minions from the target.
  • Dispels buffs from the target and nearby enemies.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies a small amount of mana at the end of each turn for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2021 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% critical chance.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

This section will be updated after release.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the July 2021 HOTM -- Devana

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Devana?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Devana.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Devana and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Devana worth summoning for?

• Would you use Devana on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Devana?

• What heroes would you take when facing Devana as an opponent?

• Would you give Devana Ranger Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Devana’s character design?

• If you Summoned Devana and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Devana, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Devana when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Devana, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Devana (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Devana), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

NOTE: If you’d like to discuss whether Devana is appropriately balanced, or perhaps in need of a buff or nerf, please see this thread instead: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Devana

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

8 Likes

Feedback Poll - Devana (post release)

:question: Is Devana worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Devana would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Devana’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (primary)
  • Support Damage Dealer
  • Minion Summoner / Minion Destroyer
  • Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Devana compared to other Heroes?

Note Discuss Balance issues more here: ⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Devana

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Devana’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Devana worth giving Ranger Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Devana is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Devana is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

Look who came by this quickly!

19 Likes

Me thinks the lore here is devana was seshat when she’s still alive

22 Likes

Full art:

13 Likes

Waited until July to use my EHTs. She came in the 9th draw :grin:

Definitely the earliest I’ve ever gotten a HoTM. My Holy stack welcomes her with open arms :yellow_heart:

21 Likes

Same here, but it took a little more (22) for me to get her.

2 Likes

So I lucked out and can save my EHT for another season. I am definitely ascending her, but I need another dart. My question is how best employ her… I have Uraeus who does a similar role. Should I combine the two on a team or just use one at any given time?

13 Likes

I will pair her with Frosth and Freya. Devana’s minion damage could be devastating.

4 Likes

Lucky day

12 Likes

Congrats on your Devana @Quinn3! :partying_face::tada::tada::tada:

Congrats on your Devana (and Arman?) @Liam_K! :+1::star_struck:

I got my first HOTM Seshat during Sand Empires 2019. It was my ninth (and final) EHT pull too. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks, but I still have no Damascus Blade to level any 5* :sweat_smile:

Meanwhile, my alt account got Blades 12 and 13 from a Titan and Costume Chamber bonus chest. I think RNG is just toying with me at the moment :clown_face:

3 Likes

Saved 24 ETT and at 8.05am in the UK I spent them. I got Roc, Devana and Isarnia (that’s actually amazing as ever since I feed my first Isarnia to Brand in error I’ve never had another one :laughing:)

Off course I just spent my last 6 darts on Uraeus so it’s going to be a while for Devana but she beats Roc I think (though I do like Rocs cleanse…)

16 Likes

@Liam_K Hopefully you can get your next d blade soon, well before the next Farholme Pass (d blade version of course). Ideally a nice clump of d blades! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Sometimes, I really feel like RNG likes to play around with people. :rofl:

1 Like

Got Devana after the third costume pull with keys :slight_smile: Really happy that I managed to get the five hotm that increase mana.

4 Likes

I was about to give up on the chamber when i thought one last summon wont hurt and behold i got the bonus draw, i literally gasped

i dont get these awesome rewards very easily in this game, so this was a very pleasant surprise!

12 Likes

I got Devana through EHTs. Been looking forward to her since her info was posted a couple months ago

3 Likes

Probably my best single pull in living memory

I have 19 darts so she is definitely going up. She should hit like a truck and be hard to kill

53 Likes

that is one gorgeous summon.
i have azlar (my first 5*), i want him to become the king of the leors badly!

4 Likes

Given that I already have him at +18 this was very pleasing to get

4 Likes