Designing a new Alliance search?

@Paksenarrion just as a starter for ten, one recent training alliances that posted in the recruitment threads was - Zero genesis.
Why not check them out to see if they are of any interest to you. @SilverDragonR can you help?

@JGE Im already in an alliance :wink: and im co leader as well, im well established there :smiley:

but just thought that my experience of serching for an alliance in the beginging was not easy by your self.

so I wanted to share my idea to hopefully make it easier for others in the future. :slight_smile:

This Alliance Search capability is (in my opinion) a valuable miss that should get attention.

With a desire to be helpful, i thought that I would provide a prioritized list of the filters that would matter, most important numbered first, so that developers could figure out what they have time for.

*NOTE: ANY added filters would be HUGE (like really really big).

1. Filter Language (the Language selected by the Alliance leadership settings).
  2. Filter the membership fill (like 22/30 or 30/30). This serves so many needs.
  3. Filter the Required Trophies level (to request to join) AND the Type (either OPEN or INVITE ONLY).

*NOTE: If I was trying to identify the “necessary” versus "nice to have’"elements, the above would be the “necessary” ones, and the below would be the “nice to have”.

1. Current titan level (whatever is the current or most recent level of titan that the alliance is working or has killed or let go). Don’t worry about any averages or historical trends, the titan’s go up or down readily enough for the current titan to be “close enough” for the purposes of a searcher.

2. The Activity of the alliance, measured by the most recent login/logoff of ANY of the players. If the alliance has even 1 player that has logged in/off within the recent day, it is currently active, and if the most recent login/off was between 24 and 48 hours, then it is 1 day active, etc. (Trying to think like a developer, I think it wouldn’t be too difficult for a developer to do a filtered list (temp table, view, function or procedure) of the unique list of alliances that players that have logged in/off between 0 and 24 hours, to display, or 0 to 48, or 0 to 72, etc, to show based on the filter number used (0, 1, 2,…), AND the number used will very frequently be a small number.

3. Alliance Wars selection, if it’s on or off.

*NOTE: Once the filter list has been generated, then a sort option might be handy, to sort the ‘found’ list by one (or more if development wants to tackle multiples) of the categories.
For example, once the list of matches has been generated, then the searcher will probably not care about the alphabetical sort, but rather the number of members, the trophy requirement, the activity level, or something like that, but most likely not merely the name.

I hope my comments help. Thanks SG.

2 Likes

I look for Alliance Score over Number of Players. You can see the average score contributed by each player. I also look for the top 10 members’ cups. Why? Because I want to be in Top 10 cups. For me, that means I am in a moderately active alliance

1 Like

Hello,
I do it !

Hello,

I done it!:smile:

Sounds nice but I am iOS and I don’t like my chances with a simulator like bluestacks, it’s bad enough already.

Thanks however for the work that you people do. :+1:

At the moment there are three elements which are challenging.

1. External help with the Titans.

2. search for members

3. search for alliances

4. several alliances need help in taking down the titan.
    At this time messages are put in the chat (even in those that have no relevance), only that end up lost in the flow of messages. Inspired by other experiences, a mechanism could be created through which to ask for help.
    A hypothesis?
    a) In the alliance, a sort of “Help” button should appear on the titan.
    b) for those who want to help, there should be “rooms” in which the requests for help appear divided by the power of the titan (1 star, 2 stars, 3 stars, …). For help, the “ronin” typology can be created. Each individual alliance can have a number of ronins (a dozen) who temporarily join together to fight the titan. The time it takes to win the titan remains within the alliance. won the titan are out.

5. search for members ^ _ ^. It is currently unsuccessful. I wanted to propose a method similar to that of point 1. A request form appears in alliances.

6. search for alliances. this should be added to the classic search. an alliance seeking members I can consider active. those looking for an active alliance look here.

what do you think?

I totally agree that there should be “rooms” for various kinds of help - e.g. Alliance recruitment etc. As you say at present all such messages are drowned in the constant flow of chat

Some kind of merc mechanic would be cool. Maybe some nice options for the alliance search function.

Greetings @Felice1972

Some of the issues you have raised, I think there are already solutions.

Point 2. Search for members
Have you tried advertising in alliance recruitment on the forum? In my experience, so much better than via global chat. There are also Line and Discord alliance recruitment groups you could join.

Point 3. Search for alliances
Again the forum. Create an ad that you’re looking for a new alliance, place in alliance recruitment and you’ll be inundated with offers.

Points 1&4 both related to titans and requests for merc assistance. In recent times, before PoV mercs were thought not too highly of by some. Changes in reduced loot as well held little incentive for mercs… fast forward to PoV titan quests, mercs are again valued. :woman_shrugging:.

GL

1 Like

the problem was to use a recruiting method while staying in the game.
the current alliance search method is fine if one is looking for a specific by name or any active alliance.
But there is no method within the game to bring together those who seek elements with those who seek alliances they seek.
There would be elements to fix:
if i have 400 cups and the alpha alliance only accepts members with 1000 cups what do i do? there are two solutions
a) the request of the alliance requesting 1000 cups does not appear to those who have less than 1000 cups
b) whoever enters through a request for new items can ignore the cup parameter. so if, as an example I have 400 cups, I can also join an alliance that requires a minimum of 1000 through recruitment.

here we return to the point. the current research is fine if i am looking for any alliance. or search by name. they are searches in which complete alliances also appear.
it is not to seek an alliance that exists or is active.
it is to seek an alliance he intends to recruit.

it is useless to deny the existence of players who enter and leave the alliances because they are not interested in being part of it, but are only interested in attacking the titan.
Just as there are alliances that find themselves in need of external help.
they exist, we might as well take them into account.
Or at least that’s my thought ^ _ ^

Change your alliance to invite only, you won’t get uninvited players.

Sorry, I don’t understand your point here? Alliances usually recruit, not the other way around.

Alliances are free to set minimum cup criteria. I’m confused about the point you are raising here.

Anyway, my intention was to raise an awareness that the forum is great for recruitment.

Good luck with using Global chat. I never found it effective, so maybe you’ll have better success.

you misunderstood.
I don’t mean to exclude them …
If they respect other players, I have no problem with those players who give external support.
If there are players who come and go behaving politely where the problem is.
Those who lend a hand are always welcome ^ _ ^

alliances seek players

and there are players looking for alliances.

it may seem strange, but it is so.

the forum may be fine.
however I am sorry that there is no more efficient method in the game.
As far as something has already done.

as well as to coordinate with their alliance groups are used on telegram, whatsapp, wechat, signal, messenger, …

not even me :-P.

that’s why I proposed something more effective within the game

For many new player it can be easyer to go to an alliace that uses your own language .
So if you could clik on a flag an change it to your nation flag you will get up a list whit alliace that have free space whit your flag.

Second stage to do it easyer for new player is to change " only invitations" to " only applications" .
It is confusing to have " only invitation" when nobody can invite

Global chat and the alliance recruitment section are completely swamped, and unless you know what to search for, how can you navigate alliance search with any real meaning.

If they want to double the active players and grow the game spend this will only get worse. And for retention of paying players it needs to be managed.

SG needs to find a solution for this, such as a random alliance allocator advertised as a way to find a team. You put in language cups etc and it just plonks you in an alliance, randomly for you, but in order for alliances so they can grow easier.

Recruiting for lower and starter teams is too tough and slow, they need a helping hand to get going.

If they want to monetise this they could allow leaders to use gems to bump their allocations of new players.

There has to be a better solution than global chat and this forum swamped.

Some specific areas:

• alliance search should have indication for activity and results, for example last 5 wars (unused flags, victories), last 5 titans (kill/fly, size),
  • new players should land in training alliance recuitment chat, not global
  • “sticky notes” in AR or other tools to avoid continuous flow of ads
  • being able to send alliance invites to allianceless people
  • divide people into virtual worlds on a random basis, each world would have own global chat, just to divide amount of traffic - switch world button available
2 Likes

there is an alliance recruitment section here in the forums. you will get your best applicants from there

4 Likes

Not enough for a training alliance for example. In game recuitment is a useful tool for alliances and great benefit for people not using forum or Line.

As an alliance leader it will help immensely to be able to use tags to describe my alliance. Tags will help people find alliances based on the location, interests, affinities, etc.

So far only people who look using keywords found on the name of the alliance are able to locate it.

4 Likes