Design your own 5* hero / stats

Name: Jon Snow (or Johns Know for copyright purposes) :joy:

Element: Ice

Type: Human Male swordsman, kingly

A/D/H: 750 / 800 / 1200

Special: Kingly Presence

• Summons a dire wolf for 4 rounds. DW attacks weakest opponent every round w/ 115% attack of caster. Does not change targets unless target is killed and cannot be dispelled or killed.
  • Grants 40% crit chance increase to all heroes (including DW) for 4 rounds.
  • Once defeated, every red troop that passes through a “ghost hole” gives an 8% chance (that multiplies to max of 24%) to revive w/ 60% HP and 75% mana. (ie. 1st 8%, 2nd 16%, 3rd 24%, 4th 24%, etc).

For titans, the crit chance would be benificial and you’d have a chance at revive on the edges.

For defense, the opponent would have to try to avoid dropping reds into a ghost hole and hope they don’t trip into a mega combo. LOL

For attack, the revive may be OP. You could waste turns dumping reds into ghost holes risking that other heroes won’t die in the process. Idk.

4 Likes

Interesting ideas here, particularly the “ghost” concept. One perk of killing someone in a raid is being able to power up specials down the hole (without powering up the remaining foes). Your ghost would create a cost to that. I’d also have the DW not change targets unless it kills the target. Some numbers might need to be tweaked (crit odds seem high; mana on restoration should equal mana when killed), but overall very nice.

1 Like

Incorporated some edits. Thanks for the constructive criticism. :+1:

I have to say “no” because, to negate the primary purpose of the ability, by leaving it up to chance and losing, would make it no powerful than the abilities of many 3* heroes.

That said, I was being lazy and did not give any rules about the strength of the ability. For instance, I would not expect 100% mana to be stolen from the enemy and stealing all 100% health would kill them, which is obviously unfair. The balancing point, though, would be to receive exactly the same amount taken.

I like your general concept for The Thief, and I agree it’s special should not be random (unless affected by another special, e.g. Wu Kong or Hu Tao). Two things I like in particular are

1. There is precedent for reducing mana and stealing health; the Thief builds on these mechanics
  2. No new buffs/debuffs, which are proliferating dangerously.

Li Xiu and Chao destroy mana when their specials hit. The Thief would return some or all of the mana back to teammates.

There is also precedent for the “steal back damage” idea, e.g. Elkanen. Note that these heroes first have land damage, using the standard attack/damage mechanics. If the Thief bypasses that mechanics check, it would be very powerful. Some thought need to be given to how it works against titans.

So, it’s just a question of balance. How much mana I stolen, how much returned? How much health is stolen, how much returned?

Name: Narfi
Description: A Norse giant, Narfi is the foe of nature, blighting growing things.
Stats: Ice (blue) 5*; 720 Attack / 675 Defense / 1380 HP / 770 Power
Mana speed: Slow

Special: Deal 210% damage to all enemies; does extra damage against Nature (+40%). On offense, any green tile has a 40% chance of becoming blue. On defense, any green tile has a 40% chance of being frozen. Tile changes affect existing and new tiles for 4 turns.

Mechanics note: Separate logic is needed for this hero’s board manipulation depending on whether he is on offense or defense.

• Offense: On initial cast, any matches created by the transformation are automatically triggered. New tiles that appear are generated randomly as usual, but any green tile has a 40% chance of being converted to blue before entering the board.
  • Defense: On initial cast, green tiles on the board may become frozen (using the mechanics from the Quest for Winter), requiring them to be matched before thawing. New green tiles entering the board have a 40% chance of appearing as frozen for 4 turns. After 4 turns, all frozen tiles thaw.
1 Like

Name: Ganna
Element: Nature
Type: Female Druid, or Fairie
Mana: Slow, per the rules
Special: One with the Forest
Ability 1 - Spirit Link
Ability 2 - increases critical chance of allies
Ability 3 - 25% chance to revive slain allies

Spirit Link applies after any revivals.

Name: Pyra
Element: Fire

Type: Human Female, Warrior, Amazon, Gypsy (She’d look hot with a pair of gold hoop earrings on) Swordsperson, Flame Sorceress

A/D/H: 620 / 820 / 1210

Special: Reduce all enemy health defense by 75%, burns enemies for 7 turns, increases allies attacks by 30%

Pyra is a red haired amazon woman raised by gypsies who taught her the art of Pyrokinesis, as well a broadsword fighting

Name: Kentavros
Element: Nature
Type: Centaur, Male
A/D/H: 600 / 750 / 1380
Special: Deal 150% to all ennemies and mark them. Next Kentavros’ special skill will do 150% + 150%/mark. Marks can’t be dispelled.

1 Like

A special in need of a hero:

Agility

Provides all heroes the chance to dodge a slash or special attack. Successful dodge decreases damage by 80% and avoids status ailments.

4 Likes

Can they not make a hero who can manipulate the board like in the game legendary? A hero who can destroy gem of opposing color or generate a power diamond will be awesome!

Name: Twister
690/685/1375
Especial:It would be like an older brother of Kiril and a tornado hahaha. recover all 30% health and 40% mana moves the gems on the board.

slow down or stop his mana regeneration during spell, or he would be able to recast immediately again. a bit too much.

So as far as the existing mechanics go, this is a modified “miss”. Instead of the probability lying with the caster, it is with the target.

If providing the dodge to all heroes is too much, maybe the nearby or only on self for longer period.

What if it stays in effect on each hero until they are hit?

@Kalel

Heeey! You took my tornado idea! also includes…
Either Ice - Northwind, Nature - Storm, Fire - Desert Wind which would act as a shield around hero and bounce back attack.

1 Like

Name: Alice ー The Little Poltergeist

Element: Dark

Visual: A ghost girl with Alice (Alice in Wonderland) Costume, half transparent legs with floating toys around her

Special: Supernatural Phenomenon (lv 8)
ー all team member gains 40% attack in 4 turn
ー the caster summons 1 “Teddy” (unstackable) with 25% of caster HP, Atk, and Def for self
ー randomly move 15 tiles on the board, the triggered 3-match will fired instantly but there will be no mana gain in the chain

Name: Morte
Nickname: The Death
Element: Dark
Type: Grim Reaper
A/D/H: 0 / 750 / 1500
Special:(very slow) Kills all ennemies (it’s an effect, can miss or canceled by a protection against effect)

Name: Nicholas
Nickname: Santa Claus
Type: Human Male with a white beard
A/D/H: 605 / 740 / 1405
Special:
Slow mana: Recover 44% health for all, cure ailments, all allies get a random present (can be +63% defense, +48% attack, +35% critical chance, mana regeneration, health regeneration, +30% lifesteal, +40% to dodge an attack, protection from effect, an elf with 15%HP and 20% attack inehrited from the caster, berserk effect (increase 20% attack everytime they are hit), +94% defense against nature)
Average mana: Recover 35% health for all, give one to 3 presents to all allies (can be like before + crure ailments)

2 Likes

I really like Nicholas. I enjoy playing heroes with some risk but high potential reward—Wu, Alberich. The “presents” might be exactly what you need, or something useless or duplicative. Fun. And we could use a blue 5* healer.

Death, not so much. Only a handful of heroes can counter this, aside from careful killing. Merlin would be a nice counter.

Thought of one on the train. Could be one or multiple heroes that have it, and probably needs tweaking and details but here’s the general idea:

Skill: Russian Roulette
Caster and however many living enemies there are split the odds of death evenly.
For example, if there’s 5 enemies, the hero who casts has a 1/6 chance of dying as well as each one of the enemies. If 4 enemies, then caster and each have 1/5 chance of dying… etc

Kamikaze run? Interesting. Idea could also be applied to damage done.

name: any
nickname: Chameleon
color: changes
special: changes color, simple % damage on one target.

so many ways to do this…

1. Starts with a given color and goes through the list, PYBGR.
  2. Starts with a given color and changes into the target of the special attack.
  3. Randomly changes.

I prefer #2 even though it would be terrible against YP Titans. Gives player some choice.

Mana speed should be fast because it would hit light; or, slow mana with a buff to defense or double damage to same color.

Extra or double damage to same color makes it useful on Titans.

It remains the last color used when in hero roster.

1 Like