Delineation of a Disjointed Despicable Despot

With @anc1ent1 's excellent thread about the definition of a great alliance leader (See here: Definition Of A Great Alliance Leader)

It got me thinking about what are some actions by the worst alliance leaders:

I’ll start things off with a few of my thoughts:

1. Erratically Kicks Alliance Members with no explanation or education:
    I remember the first alliance I joined (randomly) I just got Titan flags for the first time so I came in and gave it my best shot even finishing off the titan. I was kicked before I even knew what had happened.

2. Disparages failure or “not meeting unspoken standards”
    Some alliances have certain expectations but never clearly outline what “pulling your weight” means in said alliance. Poor leaders never get the team on the same page and then get frustrated/rants on team members when they fail to meet those expectations

3. Ignores the needs or concerns of alliance members
    Life happens. There will be times the leader needs to understand and care for the needs of the alliance person and not the player. Bad leaders only care about how other players improve their own personal experience.

4. Recruits/Admits @voidstrike into the alliance
    Yeah, those leaders have a screw or two loose in their heads @zephyr1

5. Doesn’t participate/AWOL
    There are some leaders who when life happens don’t inform or advise the remaining leaders on how to act carry on in their absence. It ends up frustrating the remaining team especially if you keep losing wars & titans.

̷L̷a̷s̷t̷l̷y̷ ̷I̷ ̷w̷o̷u̷l̷d̷ ̷l̷i̷k̷e̷ ̷t̷o̷ ̷s̷a̷y̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷I̷ ̷a̷m̷ ̷f̷o̷r̷t̷u̷n̷a̷t̷e̷ ̷e̷n̷o̷u̷g̷h̷ ̷t̷o̷ ̷h̷a̷v̷e̷ ̷t̷h̷i̷s̷ ̷k̷i̷n̷d̷ ̷o̷f̷ ̷l̷e̷a̷d̷e̷r̷ ̷i̷n̷ ̷m̷y̷ ̷a̷l̷l̷i̷a̷n̷c̷e̷.̷
̷@̷z̷e̷p̷h̷y̷r̷1̷ ̷m̷o̷r̷e̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷n̷ ̷d̷e̷m̷o̷n̷s̷t̷r̷a̷t̷e̷s̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷s̷e̷ ̷a̷t̷t̷r̷i̷b̷u̷t̷e̷s̷ ̷a̷n̷d̷ ̷I̷ ̷a̷m̷ ̷1̷0̷0̷%̷ ̷c̷o̷n̷f̷i̷d̷e̷n̷t̷ ̷t̷h̷a̷t̷ ̷e̷v̷e̷r̷y̷o̷n̷e̷ ̷i̷n̷ ̷o̷u̷r̷ ̷a̷l̷l̷i̷a̷n̷c̷e̷ ̷s̷h̷a̷r̷e̷s̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷s̷e̷ ̷s̷e̷n̷t̷i̷m̷e̷n̷t̷s̷.̷

What other no-nos do you have for leadership?

3 Likes

I agree there should be a much better screening process before allowing rift raft such as yourself in.

My question is this:
Now That You Are Here Should
The leader get rid of you or should that leader demonstrate more inept behavior and make a coleader do it.

:rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I always feel like I’m on borrowed time

2 Likes

I’m just glad I made both lists. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

In defense of Leaders, I’d like to say …

Just because you’re a Leader:

• you don’t need to try to stay at the top of the leaderboard
  • you don’t need to have the best war score or titan hits
  • you don’t need to be on the game 24/7
  • you are allowed to make occasional wrong calls on titans, or war strategy
  • you don’t need to take it personally if a player decides they’d fit in better on a different alliance
  • you are allowed to not know all the answers; and
  • you are allowed to ask for help!

You can:

• promote co-leaders who will help and support you, regardless of how long they’ve been in the alliance
  • enjoy your own game!
7 Likes

This is a great thread @voidstrike & @princess1! I am not great at E&P - I run a constant #6 in my alliance & have delegated war & Titan strategies to other members. I stink at “bad cop.” My gift is encouraging newer players to stretch & try new things & have fun instead of waiting til they have six 5* teams. I know that kind of encouragement made/makes a huge difference to me. I also look for smoldering issues that are about to burst into flame & try to diffuse them with humor. I try to take the temperature of my team’s mood & encourage them to try harder when they are close to meeting a goal - or to take a break & laugh a bit if we are fatigued/frustrated/beaten down from too many losses. If people aren’t having a good time, they leave. I want them to stay & grow & succeed & have fun!

4 Likes

A bad leader forgets that this is a game trying to make this kinda jobish. The difference between force and fun won’t be recognizable in such an ally.

Making sb responsible for sth also is a bad habit.

Playing shouldn’t be work.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings