Definition Of A Great Alliance Leader

I found this and thought it would fit you well @AirHawk

Hawk Roosting

I sit in the top of the wood, my eyes closed.
Inaction, no falsifying dream
Between my hooked head and hooked feet:
Or in sleep rehearse perfect kills and eat.

The convenience of the high trees!
The air’s buoyancy and the sun’s ray
Are of advantage to me;
And the earth’s face upward for my inspection.

My feet are locked upon the rough bark.
It took the whole of Creation
To produce my foot, my each feather:
Now I hold Creation in my foot

Or fly up, and revolve it all slowly -
I kill where I please because it is all mine.
There is no sophistry in my body:
My manners are tearing off heads -

The allotment of death.
For the one path of my flight is direct
Through the bones of the living.
No arguments assert my right:

The sun is behind me.
Nothing has changed since I began.
My eye has permitted no change.
I am going to keep things like this.

2 Likes

I have had a few leaders during my time in game and there seems to be an underlying trend:
Must love cats! You know who you are :wink:

5 Likes

So many leaders can learn from just that one statement!

6 Likes

Coincido en los puntos que marcas como las virtudes que debería tener un líder. Igual está claro q los colíderes son los que alivianan la tarea del líder durante las 24 hs del día.

Moderator translation:

I agree on the points that you mark as the virtues that a leader should have. The same is clear that the leaders are those who relieve the leader’s task 24 hours a day.

3 Likes

Muchas gracias por su amable respuesta. tienes toda la razón.
:sunglasses::pirate_flag::+1:t3: @Lunadesangre282
OP’s Translation.
thank you very much for your kind reply.you are exactly right. :sunglasses::pirate_flag::+1:t3:

3 Likes

@AncientPirate1

why no one trusts me? :lollipop: :

I’m sure that’s not true. Everybody is learning how to do things and nobody is ever perfect. We all make mistakes. You’re fine!!!

2 Likes

…Probably because you tagged all the mods in your first post in the count to 20 thread

5 Likes

I am not sure if you are new but either way here is pretty much the encyclopedia about everything on the forum and also help for the game.

I have found that 99% of the people on this forum are very helpful, very nice ,very informed ,and generally just wonderful folks.

Take the time to read this as it can help you very much. @zephyr1
Is there a more current link so that we don’t tag a couple people in the link below that are not involved currently? Just trying to help this person out.

4 Likes

Reminded me of this thread…

6 Likes

The thread you linked is great, there’s also this one: Master List of E&P Links & Player Guides

3 Likes

As the leader of the Sixth Element I have learned more from our Alliance members than I ever could’ve discovered on my own. I inherited the Alliance when our original leader was promoted at work. Ultimately he had to leave the game entirely. From day one I have tried to help and advise all of our members not only on game matters but in life skills as well. I’m 54 years old and all except one of our members is younger than I am. I share what I’ve learned in life because most of those life lessons were learned the hard way. If I can help someone from taking a wrong turn in life or dealing with something that has caused them pain in any way then I personally feel rewarded more than anything this game could ever give me! :cowboy_hat_face:

I truly care about the members of our Alliance. They are my friends and yes we are a family. Like any family we have our dysfunctional members but at the end of the day I hope they know that I love them and I’m as proud of them as I am my own children! :heart_eyes:

One last thing and I’ll step away from the podium. :roll_eyes: I met with one of my Alliance members and we had dinner together. I would do it again in a heartbeat! I live in Texas and it’s a mighty big state but if one of my teammates crosses the state line I’ll do my level best to meet up with them and show them what Texas hospitality is all about! :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

There’s also this one:

I’m not sure if it’s listed in the Master List but it should be …

4 Likes

It’s in the “new players start pack” that’s linked above, and linked in the master list. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Aah, I didn’t look hard enough. Not an uncommon occurrence … :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hats off to you our fearless leader!
Spreading some love your way :heart:

6 Likes

I really enjoyed the dinner with your family. It was really amazing. You are a wonderful person and a very good alliance leader who is really kind and compassionate towards each and every one of your team members. That is really something that every alliance leader should try to achieve, apart from the obvious in-game expertize. It was a real honour serving as your co-leader. Take care, good sir. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@KWScott @ThePirateKing
How very cool. This is something that I truly wish to see happen someday.
There are many enthusiast around the world who for one example,
Ride Motorcycles :motorcycle:

They get together for rallies thus after being in a forum for a while they actually get to meet and have fellowship with each other.

Although it sounds a little bit goofy I would really like to meet some of the members of my alliance and some of the members of this forum in person.

Never say never. But so glad you two did. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

@AncientPirate1 Yes Sir there are lots of different “communities” that meet online and then they will plan and actually meet up in the (real) world! I personally know of woodworkers, artists, and musicians as well as folks that game… For gamers it’s usually something like Comicon. Still it’s our love of what we enjoy doing and the folks we spend time doing it with that bring us together.

I fully understand where you are coming from!! I would be thrilled to meet every one of our Alliance members! As well as the good folks I’ve met here in the forum too!

It’s always good to know fellow players that enjoy the game as much as I do! Take Care! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Interesting, early on I was in an alliance with a really structured war strategy. Mine was easily the weakest roster. They had a no double tap rule, but the leader told me because my roster was so weak it didn’t apply to me.

Communication between leaders an co-leaders was lacking and I was kicked for double tapping. Irony was that often I was the last member with flags so no inconvenience to anyone!

So I would add that a good leader communicates well and ensures everyone is on the same page…and would also add a good leader is pragmatic and doesn’t blindly apply the alliance rules where they don’t make sense. Truth be known they did me a favour; always communicating via alliance banners makes for a souless grind.

I was also taught a lesson in communication and make sure I warn my members before kicking and discuss what is going on.

4 Likes