Defending ninja heroes fire their special on later turns despite mana block

Tried searching for similar topics / bug reports but couldn’t find any.

I luckily recorded my raid as I stumbled across something odd. When fighting Garnet, I blocked her mana gain with Hel when Garnet was at tier 2. To my knowledge, ninja heroes can randomly hold their special to tier 2 or 3 when on defense. But the decision about whether they fire or not is always made in the next turn after reaching tier 1, 2 or 3. So once they reached e.g. tier 1 and AI decided to not fire their tier 1 special, there is no chance for them to fire their tier 1 special in a later turn. Can someone confirm?

I happened to record the opposite:

At 0:22 you can see that Garnet is charged at tier 2 and their slash attacks go off. However, AI decided to not fire Garnet’s tier 2 special and hold it.

At 0:29, Garnet is obviously holding her tier 2 special again because AI decided in the turn before to not fire her tier 2 special. I block her further mana gain with Hel’s special, assuming that her tier 2 special will not fire.

At 0:44, Garnet is still at tier 2, has her mana blocked but fires her special.

Is this behavior intended? To my current knowledge I’d say it’s a bug. But I’m happy to hear other opinions or insights. :slight_smile: @Guvnor

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Proteus vs Ninja