Defence Feedback for Frenzied

Hi guys

It has been a very long time since I have done a Rate My Team but I would be grateful if you could let me know if this is my best possible defence team.

Cheers

Here’s my roster too. I am very weak on blue!

Thanks. Any and all feedback welcome

Possible mixups: Marjana / Lianna for Zim

@IvyTheTerrible

2 Likes

It’s either the best option or near enough to make no difference

I’d be trying Richard in the Magni slot bc he’s better defensively, Telly buys him time to fire, he fits w your AOE attack squad and his special effect is more useful (IMO) than Magni’s.

I suspect you’re playing MagNi for the Emblems, but even if you go DEF path, I think Richard stays tankier. And splitting 1 node into Richard let’s him proc that elite Paladin skill right beside Telly… overall I’d say Rich is better at +1 vs Magni at +12 or more.

But if Richard is better (and I’m not at all sure of that); it’s only by a wee bit.

3 Likes

I myself would swap richard for magni… and then swap clarissa and drake…

1 Like

Thanks guys. Do you reckon Clarissa at flank is more effective @Halifax as per Rohn’s suggestion?

I’d flank zim and clarissa :man_shrugging:

Just my 2 cents

3 Likes

Tbh, I don’t know. I when i run Drake in raid defence it’s usually on the far right but until last month my alliance ran yellow tanks and lacking Guin I used Drake at Tank and he faired surprisingly well - the value of that blind forcing a miss or two earlier in the match Is disproportionately more valuable than later on… so having him where you do means he’ll often fire quicker… so yeah, not sure. I’m open to hear Rhon explain something I’m missing - but in the absence of that, I think it’s another time where it’s so close it won’t matter much in cup count and in war… test both ways and run with the winning result

1 Like

it’s awful, you should be ashamed. but I will help you out and take it off your hands. youd be better off just starting from 0 again.

seriously though, looks fine. you could experiment with isarnia instead of magni and see what happens. I definitely think she is one of the most overlooked heroes in the game these days.

1 Like

I agree with Rigs, DoT heroes don’t give their best as wings.

Ps. Rigs, did your title changed from The NecromanCer to The NecromanSer?

2 Likes

Seems a little passive… minimal damage between zim and telluria… the snipe in magni is decent, but defensively, he’s kind of weak (keep beefing him up with emblems)… and the status ailments of drake and Clarissa are easily cleansed.

Maybe drake, marj, telly, magni, Clarissa? Puts a snipe and AoE on either side. :woman_shrugging:

Or marj, drake, telly, magni, Clarissa.

I’m really awful at this…

2 Likes

How about Sartana, Drake, Telluria, Magni, Marjana? It’s pretty agressive. If Telluria buys you enough time the fast snipers will pick off your enemies one by one, hopefully. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mid 3 drake tell clarissa, rest wont matter. Your snipers aren’t strong enough to 1 shot off the back of Tell. Tell works really well with AoE which is why dot heros are effective due to the mana slow giving time for the ticks while having a high chance of hitting key heros where a sniper has a good chance of picking an undesirable target.

1 Like

Totally agree with this as a bottom line takeaway. With the caveat that it’s too early for me to have a good feel of how Clarissa fits in, here are the things I’d look at tweaking if you want to invest the time and energy to figure out what is optimal:

1. I’m not sure if you’re doing this intentionally or if it’s just how it’s working out, but don’t worry about tiles being strong against one hero and making the splashed ones be weak against their neighbors (as a purple stack splashing tiles on Drake affects Clarissa little). Make maxing positional and team synergy the priority.

2. I’m with Rigs - Generally, I feel Zim is better (more annoying to the attacker) at flank. Basically, like how this would be the position for Ariel if you were putting her in. I’d be inclined to left flank her so her attack buff and cleanse comes in before as many others as possible.

3. I thought I’d have to stan for Richard, but am pleasantly surprised by the support he’s getting in the thread. Again, early days, but I suspect that Telluria does better with slower, harder hitting / more impactful effect blues (unless you have Vela, of course, in which case she’s the best obv). So I’d consider testing Richard and maybe even Isarnia (she may just be too slow, but it’s hard to overrate Telluria’s mana slow) instead of Magni. If you want to rock it as is I think I’d probably try to get Magni right to max his chances of sniping a kill and get Drake left to max his chances of hitting 3. Maybe Drake, Zim, Telluria, Magni, Clarissa.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your helpful opinions!

How about this in lieu of Magni

3 Likes

That might be better than I initially would have thought… two reds might entice people to bring blues, which in my experience, has ended badly more often than not.

If they bring red against telly (I’m assuming mono bc that how I play) … there’s not as much threat. But keeping a cleanse and a sniper on the team is nice.

Try it! Let us know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This setup is really nice. And that’s the highest number of damage dealers you can have anyway.

Wow, this beats having 3 Paladins
:ok_hand:

1 Like

I swapped Drake and Clarissa around.

Result of first war attack against me by ‘WitchKing’

Would like to think Zims HOT for Marj made a difference… Lol :man_shrugging:t4:

Screenshot_20200616-084615

Might try this…

Snagged Kiril

Interesting. Maybe through marj in for some snipe. :thinking:

Congrats on Kiril :slight_smile:

1 Like