Deciding where to spend your class emblems - Tourney update 2019-Mar [Math, Analysis]

Beta being beta, I thought I heard the 1 and 2* tourneys were going away.

1 Like

Not Practical

The rumor I heard was Beta testing of 1* / 2* Tourneys were a complete an utter failure since most Beta testers have 5x- 15x 5* 4.80 but zero 1* / 2* and very very few have any 3*. Beta tends to favor high players. High level players just tend to be more experienced, knowledgable and communicative then lower level players. In fact this may have foreshadowed the tourney matching bug since the few low level accounts in Beta were rumored to be hit many many times in 4* Tourneys.

Similar to trying to test Facebook invites in Beta, just some testing in Beta is just not practical. Or testing Season 2 Province 24 in Beta, no new coding, so not really the purpose of Beta testing. Like most games Empires involves inventory management. Beta testing 4* / 5* tourneys is a much better use of the Beta community managers time. Eventually it all has to go to the live server.

3 Likes

It really did not take long to level up more than enough 2* for the raid tourney in Beta. The real problem was the lack of variety in 2* heroes. There really was not much variance in teams and I don’ think its really worth spending the time to develop more regular 2* heroes or event 2* heroes. I know I’d be a bit upset if I got some event 2* in a 10x summons I paid for.

4 Likes

My very good friend said 95% of the 2* defenses they fought in Beta were 2* 1.1 and it was even worse for 1* Tourney.

Considering 1* heroes have classes, I expect Devs to add some use for emblems on 1* heroes no matter how much high level players dislike it.

3 Likes

Encouraging emblems on 1* and 2* makes it less likely very new players will spend gems on elemental summons or on those packages that include 3* heros. It does give the very new players something to do, but only temporarily for 1*/2* tourneys, only once or twice?! It really doesn’t take long to get a rainbow 3* team if one is willing to spend 1x or 2x 300 gems on elemental summons to fill a gap. And one’s rainbow 2* team is available for stacking in 3* tourneys and to guarantee a 2*/3* healer is available.

For the current 3-star tournament, I went ahead and opened one node on each of the heroes in my defense squad. Since I can get them back for one gem with no penalty, and most of those emblems were just rusting on the shelf, I think the chance of a couple more points in the tourney is worth it.

2 Likes

Subject
Latest Correction

Should have been:

1 Like

@Gryphonknight - so on a 3* - to confirm I understand this - you can go all the way to 3-14 without hitting a reset penalty in emblems (i.e. just gems)?

Where is this point of no return on 4*?

Clarity

Does this chart make it more understandable?

Emblem chart

*= 100% of emblems returned for 1- 2 gems.

Click for Emblems per node and totals for 1* to 5* Heroes
13 Likes

I get it now - I missed the asterisk. Thanks!

So anything past 3.1 results in having to pay an emblem penalty on a 3*. All 4* and 5* incur the penalty.

General rule: once you have 20 emblems invested in a hero, then 5% > 0.999 and so you’ll lose at least 1 emblem.

2 Likes

Looking at the chart, I can see how many of the diamond tier players took their 3 star heroes to 20… being able to regularly complete the emblem quests as well as occasionally buy the packs from the shop gets you there faster.

Do you have the same advice btw for the 3 stars now, after the first raid tournament with them?

Your vision is fine

Not your fault. The asterisks are new. The old way was confusing too many people.

Kenneth, what is the frequency?

We still do not know the 3* Tourneys spawn rate. Will it be 1/ 14 days, 1 / 21 days, 1 / 35 days, 1 / 70 days, 1 / 140 days?

Rumor has it in Beta, they tested Class quests but it was not until the live server update that the frequency of class quests was announced ( see notes ).

New Challenge event

We also do not know how the Challenge events will change.

Why this post exists

This whole post could be deleted if the Devs chose a different reset strategy.

Notes

2 Likes

So how many reset emblems do people have? I only have the original emblem. That might be the limiting factor is moving elements around.

I have two. Just got it from a war chest. A few in my alliance have 3. All from war chests.

1 Like

Same for me. No 20 reset emblems Just 1

bookmark for reading

Me too totally confused on the enbkems lol

An OOTS reference along with a great discussion! (Like getting a bonus roll for loot).

Not sure where to post thiscquestion without ststarting a new thread, here looks good.

I remember reading when emblems first came out the there was an power increase when 2 or more heros of the same class where used but I can’t find that breakdown anywhere.

Can someone please guide me to where these details can be found.

Cheers