šŸÆ [Dec 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

This is some of the best advice. Ninja Tower changes the normal way we approach the game. Adapt or die?

1 Like

NT is the first event, which I donā€™t have a need to finish. I think a week after a monthly event is to soon for another event where you should play at least 10 levels a day besides quest, war, chests, ā€¦
If NT has 30 levels / 5 days and is doable without a load of items I might play it in future.

3 Likes

This is actually a good point, and I wouldnā€™t mind this reviewed. There should be a longer break between monthly event and tower. Perhaps swapping it with Valhalla in monthly schedule would be a good idea.

4 Likes

Last time I somehow (a LOT of luck on last level) finished it. Now I feel that itā€™s harderā€¦ not sure why, but boss stages seem now more deadly. Last time I started to have real problems at like 35th floor. Now, well, Iā€™m still few floors from there and bosses just wipe the floor with my team if I donā€™t bring Gulllinbursti. And I have only one leveled. And heā€™s already cursed once. Still have most of my 5* heroes, but even they are squishy as hell against bosses. Already. At like 32nd floor. So probably I wonā€™t complete it this time.

Fortunately, I already gathered coins for summon. And my new ninja is called Tyrum.

3 Likes

Agreed. But then I had a board where the only match was the edge and I had no nado with me.

That was the level I lost my mono-yellow team.

As in my whole team :joy:

1 Like

Yes. Or you make a vertical 3 match in the center of the board that causes a random cascade and where does the curse tile end up? On the edge. With no matching tiles in sight.

1 Like

Lets be honest its a money grab the drop rates are terrible and rewards for resources use are awful and look how the cursing works basically making it impossible unless you have Scrolls of Altercation which theyā€™ll be selling at some point

3 Likes

Hi
Last time I reached lvl 43, I am now stuck on 27 , any others like this or was I just unlucky this time?

4 Likes

Not sure if it is harder this time, but from my feeling, the amount of bombs is higher, lvl 23 and every 3rd move a bomb.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got the same feeling. Besides, Iā€™ve lost Proteus really soon and itā€™s being so hard. I also have to say that Iā€™m not using bombs or tornadoes, unlike in the NT of October.

2 Likes

It is also my impression.
I started earlier to use emblemed epics and not emblemed legendaries, still some heroes will get brutally oneshotted not even in the 30ā€™s levels.

Still have all my bests in the bench, but if you are not competing for good scores (so using carpet bombing, nados and flasks) the more long the battle going on the more is hard.

From my side, i really enjoy it.
You canā€™t let your guard down not even one second and you must organize your heroes very carefully.

But without a good usage of first class items, iā€™m afraid much more people this time will fail to reach the top.

In the ā€œfor whatever itā€™s worthā€ category - my opinion.

NT is controlled by the RNG gods, it truly has kobayashi maru scenarios that the v best players can not resolveā€¦this requires a deeper bench, if you hit an unlucky oni streak or an adequate crafted inventory.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a case of more difficult, per se, but the alignment of the stars.

Judicious usage of crafted items and rosters may see some astute players to the top, but contingent upon your inventory and roster - even then, you may not succeed.

Like it or not - it is what it is, with us each to decide if itā€™s paradigm is worth the effortā€¦

1 Like

Well, like most runners in the marathon, it is not the prize that matters. Itā€™s the ability, preparedness and willingness to do so. Yeah, they get some darn papers certifying that they finished the 3k, 5k or 10 kilometer run. For them, its a source of pride since not all can do it.

Same thing in the Ninja Tower event. If the player is capable roster-wise, enough minimal battle items needed just to finish the stage and willing to waste their effort for a measly number of emblems, they are free to do so. I know I do. The main thing is that I am not competing for top rewards, I leave it to the whales. I am just there to have fun challenging the ever difficult levels while going up and trying not to permanently curse your heroes. The good thing is that SG may have improved the drops in every stage where players are given constantly some emblems and tower coins plus the chests after every 10 stages. Its there and its free and its better than getting nothing.

1 Like

Iā€™ve felt the same. I used 3* heroes all the way to level 14 last time, Iā€™m not sure I could have done it this time.

2 Likes

So I have reached my goal of level 30. Revised to 35 as I still have a number of heroes remaining. Itā€™s even had me playing mono which normally I wouldnt do in a million years but the extra tile damage is worth it.

I have been taking mana, defence and health blessings as have LotL to come at the end and I dont want the minions being replaced

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I seem to remember at the last Ninja Tower, a curse would be averted if the hero died before the countdown ran out?

My hopes for even getting farther than I did last time are evaporating. I am struggling far sooner than I did before, even with stronger heroes, a larger bench and more resources. Either my luck is dreadful or there has been a considerable increase in difficulty.

I am at level 20 right now up against bosses of over 4k and dealing damage under 20 per tile hit. Even with Rigardā€™s attack increase I am not even getting 50 points per hit. The bosses normal attacks are practically wiping me out before they even fire their specials.

Last time I had no full bench of 5 star levelled heroes to run this event and was using 4 stars, yet I got far higher than I am now, yet now I am running with 5 star heroes.

So, yes, I add my vote to the this has increased in difficulty and not for the better.

2 Likes

No, the curse was became permanent if you was defeated.

This time it is not becomes a permanent one in this case, but flee still result in permanent curse.

1 Like

Day 3 and Iā€™ve made it through 29 floors.

Iā€™ve been tracking my approximate rankings at a similar time of each day for this month and Octoberā€™s event. I am using my best heroes earlier this month so it looks like I might land in the top 10K this time.

Here my scores, times, and rewards from each stage.

Both progression chests have contained 10 coins and 10 ranger emblems.

I have been using some of my top heroes and tornados today. The heroes are to ensure I make it through a level and the tornados ensure my top heroes donā€™t get cursed.

I have realized that Onyx and Cobalt are the only ninjas that concern me. The first time through I was most worried about Garnet continuously healing her team and me never actually completing the stage. Iā€™ve realized she has not been an issue and my only concern is Onyx and Cobalt OHKO. Iā€™ve relied heavily on green and yellow teams to take them out.

Iā€™m still not sure Iā€™ll complete the tower, but Iā€™ve been enjoying it.

4 Likes

Decided to look back at my October one/score, and I somehow beat it by 25k, although this second time I felt I took longer and lost more heroes. I died a lot more too.