🏯 [Dec 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

…who will then all be outclassed by S4 heroes within the next 6 months.:rofl:

If my rusty Cyrillic read it properly, “обошел” transliterates to “oboshel”, which means bypassed in Russian.

Almost certainly unused flasks from last time.

I don’t get the rush though, and IMO it’s a terrible strategy since you can’t replay levels. What this means is other top players now know the competition they’re up against and can adjust their strategy accordingly if they’re aiming for top ranks. Absolutely no point playing your hand this early when all the levels are a one-and-done deal.

1 Like

I got to ask, what strategy? Regardless of other people’s score, you’re going to try to get the best score possible by speeding through the floors.

Whether you carpet bomb or use tornadoes/hurricanes/scrolls of alteration. I’m just saying it lets other players know how much gap they need to cover and that’s never a good thing.

Barely hanging onto top 50K. Will fall below that by tomorrow morning.

Even though this would give my statement more weight, you have to show me a screenshot if I shall believe it. I’m pretty sure that 8 hours before the end of the event I was around 20.000th place when I must have been within the top 3 players who have finished 49 floors. (after playing the last lvl I was 23rd, eventually finished in 24th place and there was poor Zero staying with topscore on floor 49 not being able to repeat the last floor one more time :wink:

If you count everyone who casually plays from time to time including my test account who plays nothing but an occasional event now and then, you’re right.

But in reality many of these 1,5 Mio. players who are entered in the weekly tournaments are far from playing daily. And many players who do play daily and also easily could still didn’t try to finish the tower for various valid reasons including time limits.

So even if there were 100 millions players who casually play, 20.000 are not “the very strongest”. It’s as if you would say everyone of maybe 20.000 active football professionals in Europe are all among “the very strongest” players in the game just because there are millions of hobby players.

My point is: Events like this are necessery to keep the most commited and also most spending players interested in the game! And as a sidenote, there is no reason to always speak derogatory about players who spend a lot. It’s them who not only make the developers rich, but also make it possible that the game is maintained and new features implemented.

The worst part of their decision is that they are not able to use the 4x10 flags given out till the end of the event. Instead they probably will buy the flasks so that they can have the same approach in two months. The only benefit is that they can read their names on the leaderboard for a few days. In the end only the very first few of them have a score with a small chance to finish in the Top 100.

Last time, I was 20k with 8 hours remaining but keep falling to 28k. F2P here, finished all 50 floors last time with 55 flags but as this event no longer give 1 free flask, I will have to sacrifice 50 gems to complete it…

2 Likes

Agreed. It gets too hard way too fast. Also, one token for the ninja summon when you need 100 to pull a hero?! Not worth it…

5 Likes

It all depends on how you define “the very strongest” If it means having a +100 defense and at least lv 23 troops, then there are at a minimum 3000 players who fit this bill (top 100 alliance x 30 players). And there are plenty of players like that outside of the top 100 alliances.

I’m a spending player, and have spent quite a bit on this game, but let’s not kid ourselves here: ultimately this game is heavily P2W, those with the deepest wallets “win” it’s as simple as that. And I certainly understand why some may feel indignant about it.

1 Like

Yes, if we compare it to ToL, then each stage should at least give 10 Ninja Coins.

1 Like

Hmm wouldn’t that also apply to you? Wouldn’t your words have more weight if you show a screen shot? I saw the screen shot in a line group, and kinda lazy to look it up

For sure everything in E&P is P2W. But those players who do pay a lot also want something they can compete for. And then again, if you want to play the tower really competitively, money alone is not enough. Of course, you really need at least some of various key heroes, so without having invested quite a bit in the past, you cannot finish in the leaderboard. But you don’t have to be the biggest qhale in the sea.

To really succeed, you also have to master various strategies:

Starting from flat out bombing and finding the one best combination on the starting board within a second for the first 19 levels.

You have to choose the blessings wisely

Adapting to the various special conditions of the tower lvls which contiuously change. You have to think about which items net the highest benefit in which lvl. Team composition is not always trivial once the duration of ailments/buffs are reduced. Which color is best suited for this lvl…

You have to be very fast at decision making, finding good combinations fast and also deciding at the same time how to handle the curses. For example 2 months ago I often lost points when trying to save a hero from its first curse. Unless it’s a really crucial one, I wouldn’t do this again. But you have to make these decisions and many more with a clock running!

Contrary to other events, you only have very limited attempts for each level. So it doesn’t tolerate many mistakes.

You need a lot of commitment when preparing for the event. You have to save your whirlwinds for these occasions. Noone is forced to use them for titans. If someone does and later complains that the tower and other events are too expensive itemwise, he should change his titan approach or accept that others who play less wasteful have an advantage there.

Many of the biggest spenders do not have the skill and knowhow to really compete there, and some of them even might have problems finishing at all. On the other hand, if you’ve regularly played for 2 years and know how to play difficult levels, you surely can get to 50th floor without having invested a lot of money. For example I’m sure that good 4star emblemed event-teams can succeed till the very end.

So, I understand that it is not easy to get to 50th floor for everyone. For more casual or newer players even reaching something like floor 30 might be hard. But so what? An average tennis player cannot expect being able to play at Wimbledon. The only difference is that in this game, you can drastically improve your preconditions by spending money. Yes, that’s not fair, but this is how this game is funded. And not everyone is throwing money at SG just because they want to see some pixels in their collections. Most spenders will also want to competitively use their heroes somewhere. And one event every other month shouldn’t be too much to handle for the average jealous F2P.

1 Like

Unfortunately the last screenshot I have before completion is one exactly before the last 10 flags were handed out on the last day. I was 30846th after having finished 40 floors. So even though this is an indication, I cannot prove my point. However, if there were 10thousands additional players than the 30k I would estimate, there is a good chance that someone is reading this and send a screenshot of his - let’s say - 60000th place.

I got an idea @Xero786 , can you please tell us your place at the last ninja tower? We are really interested in the number of players who finished it. Sorry for rubbing salt in the wound! :wink:

I think dev, once they trade the ninja heroes only there mind will strike oh some heroes are OP and need nerf , that tym S4 heroes OP and in trading process .

There are no 60.000 players who complefe all floors.

Here is a screnshoot of someone who only finish 44 floors and is ranked 55k.

However, I can assure you that there are more than 25k players who finished all floors previous October, because I finished it all but fell out of top 25k (my score is less than 1.2 million)…

2 Likes

I had 5 flasks from before plus I bought 4 more flasks.
I’m guessing others had similar.

I have finished and have 2 flasks still.

I died 3 times and still have 2x energy from day 2.

Bowel? Of course, all what they have it’s defencive buff from JF and Mitsuko :slight_smile:
Health before Cobalt special skill was used

Just what I want to say - for last year in the game too much non-RNG and fast and average heroes (Finley, Odin, Killhare, Frigg and etc) which can kill all your entire team just with 1-2 special skill use. And in next year will be even more

1 Like

Not will work - Cobalt bypass absolutely ALL defencive buffs (incl. dodge and counterattack). All what you can do in this case - decrease Cobalt’s attack. But do not forget - defence team have +20% to attack by default and can attack absolutely any hero what they want. So 360 * 1.2 = 432% + troops (+26%/+32%) + emblems + high attack power (802 at 4/80) + attack buff from someone like BK/Rigard©/Kirill and etc +100% chance to bypass all defencive buffs. Not OP? They did it again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I flee from fight before my hero get cursed(the countdown). But, then i see my hero still get cursed. Is that intended or a Bug?