🧞 [Dec 2020] Mythic Titan Event - FAQ & Discussion

Yes, I guess we got lucky. I was quite pleased with the loot, way better then expected

I enjoyed the event. It provides another way of getting extra rewards.

Question?

Is there any advantage or benefits in the alliance choosing to all hitting only 1 of the 3 battle level options based on your alliances strength overall?

We just went for what ever we felt like trying all 3 different levels but it seems to me that the alliance as a whole would/could work better as a team if everyone aimed at hitting the same level throughout the event as each level is ranked and rewarded separately.

Like any new event there’s going to be trial and errors of cause and wasted hits which could of been used better, that’s normal.

Activity results!

I noticed in the activity results like this events rewards was titled RECENT ACTIVITIES, or something like that, why can’t they give this the event name MYTHIC TITAN Rewards title?

I also feel the rewards we got were quite strange as I got better individual rewards than I did alliance rewards, I feel that if an event is going to be an alliance teamwork event which requires/expects all members to participate should be better or greater if all members do take part.

They could have the alliance rewards portioned out allowing an extra scoring portiin percentage at the end of the event which would be based on how many members of that alliance actually took part and weather all hits where used or not.

Example!
Ă . 100% out of 25 members hit the titan but they only used 75% of hits would result in a score that reflects clocker to 75%
b. Only 20 members hit the titan out of 25 but theose 20 used 100% of hits then the rewards would only be 80% thus deducting the 20% of members that didn’t hit.

I feel this would encourage participation by all in an alliance and works more towards actual teamwork compared to just everyone doing as they please when the please.

Anyway other than that it was great event, had fun doing it, enjoyed the extra element of the watchers as normal battles have been getting boring at late.

Cheers

Is it possble to use the Scroll of Alteration 5 times to get 25 tiles of your desired color on the board ?

So were all the loots the same for certain ranks? I also got top 1%/ 1%/ lowest for alliance and my loot looks exactly like others here

Edit: yes I found the bug post

1 Like

That’s how I got my highest hit (739515 for 1097th rank) … Used like 4 of them and then had jott fire… I got lucky and didn’t have any auto matches.

1 Like

Yeah almost identical pretty interesting although could be coincidence :thinking:

1 Like

This was not good enough for top 1%.

And this was good enough for top 1%. About a 100k difference.

Overall impressions:

Another chance to get emblems, I like it.

12 flags total and 2 day event, flags stack so you can use them when you want - big thumbs up :+1:

Need items - yes if you want to be competitive but honestly don’t think you need as many expensive items as people are making it seem to get decent rewards. The people making youtube videos or the leaderboard are like top 0.1% HA but highest reward tier is top 1% so like more power to them but you don’t have to go so crazy and you can still get good rewards. Even lower tiers like top 5% and top 10% have decent rewards.

Roster depth helps - well I think roster depth should be rewarded but even if you don’t you can still participate, and maybe get a bit creative with your teams. I ended up switching to an easier mode to use my 2nd much weaker blue team but that allowed me to not use too many resources and still make top 1% for total damage. I also used my red team with chameleon, his debut for being useful.

What I don’t like:
Alliance level rewards being total :poop: past top 100. Jeez really? You’re only going to give the top 0.1% of teams something to work towards? We need way more alliance level tiers, and not just for top 100. Didn’t really feel like I was working with my alliance much on this at all, we already knew what tier we’d inevitably end up in before we even hit.

No global collaboration aspect. Can there be some global damage goals so that all players that participated get that reward if the goal is met?

Separate from the event but you need to release more accessible titan heroes - aka some more that are NOT five stars. Especially titan boosters and elemental defense down. Also heroes that affect tiles. Events like these will be more fun for way more people that way.

12 Likes

As I played through the Mythic Titan battles I had a thought that this is a genius move/event for Small Giant. The introduction of Mythic Titan has not changed other aspects of the game such as map stages, raids, and wars the way the introduction of say Season 3 or Ninja Tower did. Since there are no new heroes, other game modes (especially PvP) don’t see a difference (maybe there’s an argument for the emblems).

So no downside to powercreep or changes to the Meta or balance needs.

What it does do is create additional demand for summoning certain heroes. A month ago if you had someone like Miki/Tarlak you only needed one. Maybe a few people were working on a second for Ninja Tower. Now, I can see some people wanting 12 Miki so they can use one for each flag with a 20% boost.

Since over 14K of us can rank in the top 1%, it let’s a few whales compete for the top 100 leaderboard without changing the loot for those that finished say rank 12,345.

I don’t know how large of a demand this creates, but I expect there’s at least a few that are planning additional summons for more Titan heroes. I doubt this increases their revenue by more than the introduction of new heroes. My sole contention (and I can’t wait to be taken out of context here) is that it increases their revenue without a downside for the 99%.

On a different note, I put MT and NT as efforts to make the Hunter’s Lodge more relevant. It does not take away the part of the cost of those items, but it gives more ways/reasons/incentives to using top items.

5 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself, that was perfect :+1:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mythic Titan Loot Bug

I have to congratulate the company for this event and who gave the primal suggestion about it.
It was fun and challenging.
It was cooperative.
It was worth the rewards.
It was available for most of the players in the game.
It wasn´t stressing in terms of time spent ingame.
It wasn´t a money collector.

10 Likes

Two thumbs way up, what a fun event. Well balanced for the investment. The quote of the day was ‘this only becomes a pay to win event if you let it be’ or something to that effect. I was skeptical of it coming out of beta as a beta player, but this exceeded all expectations.

You could get, quite frankly, great loot approaching this with cheap battle items and smart team planning, with no real investment.

1 Like

I started the event with interest as I enjoy fighting titans with my alliance, and at the beginning it was funny. It required effort and attention, but, I insist, it was funny. But then the mana decreased began and only in order to survive for a long period you needed to use a lot of expensive items that require rare materials. And then the fun sudden and rapidly fade out. I used 9 of the 12 flags as my alliance never had the chance to reach the top 1000 barrier and making damage to my profit was every time harder and less useful. And possibly I could save 3 of the flags and obtaining the same results, but at least I wanted to concede an oportunity to the feature.

And, of course, if you are not a top player but still you play searching a good loot it doesn’t even deserve the effort to begin with it, as you are gonna spend more materials to keep on, than the ones you could receive as a reward.

SG continuing to give features for the whales and ignoring the rest. Good luck pursuing these politics.

1 Like

I used minimal items, got Top 5%/Top 5% and alliance wasn’t too 1000…walked away with orb, shield, compass and 140 emblems not awful

where were the real ascension items in the loot. A lot of work and resources for little rewards

I have to admit it was more enjoyable than I thought.
It hurt a bit seeing some people can score in a single attack more than most people with twelve hits, but it’s more titan play and you can loot decently without investing much (or at all).

I wouldn’t have minded the chance to try it in arcade mode, there were a lot of things to digest here.

A bit late with my feedback, but I want to share my positive impression.

The only small issue I saw is to make ~300-400K damage with 5 scrolls of alteration (and mana) before even starting to play which seems a bit stupid.

The 20% bonus felt like too much. With more reward tiers and with smaller bonus (e.g. 10% first, 5% second attack, so you can even distinguish heroes with 2nd and 3rd attack), I would have thrown in scrolls multiple times and tried to score as high as possible.

I would also like to see more reward tiers for alliances. This time our alliance had no goal at all. Even if it is about 5 emblems more or less, you at least get a small challenge. Having relatively small alliance rewards was a good thing, so nobody thought about leaving just to farm some emblems.

Hero fatigue is great. I had to create new teams and calculate a bit. That was fun.

For me Top1 in both rankings and getting back 10 scrolls in reward for 5 scrolls used, nothing to complain about.
Looking forward to the next mythic titan.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pin our country flag – Request Flags for Additional Countries [MASTER]