🧞 [Dec 2020] Mythic Titan Event - FAQ & Discussion

Thank you for responding back ArktikaTF

1 Like

So after attacking 3x here’s my final thoughts…real snoozer. Let’s break it down shall we?

Attack the Mythic Titan in the weak spot to do most damage…hey wait a minute, that’s what we do for the alliance titan so how is that different?

Attack the Mythic Titan using color strong against the titan and use defense down/attack buffers…hey, that’s the same too!

Loot is tiered for the Mythic Titan based on damage and also is RNG’d…same as alliance titan!

Use battle items to do more damage to the Mythic Titan…hey, we do that already too!

So what’s the difference you ask? Attacking the Mythic Titan does absolutely NOTHING for PoV for those attempting to complete it. Repeat…those still working through PoV to get the titan kills will get absolutely no benefit from attacking the Mythic Titan so the mats are better used on the alliance titan to get it down.

So…Mythic Titans is just a rehashed alliance titan with crappier loot. There, I said it.

Can we stop with the retreads and focus on fixing QoL?

**btw…I was spot on with the blatant $$ grab. I should get extra points for that one! :sunglasses:

14 Likes

So some thoughts after taking my hits:

1. I like the ambiance. It looks and feels impressive (to me).

2. functionally, very similar to regular titans of course… BUT. The changes are very nuanced, and certainly long term players should appreciate the way these small changes impact the event.

3. MY BIGGEST GRIPE SO FAR: Why can’t I view my alliance to see how my friends are doing?!!! THATS BULLSHIRT!!!

4. The $5 offer sucked. I’m bummed so many of my alliance mates bought it.

5. I have no idea how people got 1mil plus damage lol. I hope they found that fun hahah.

6. I hope that for future mythic titans, SG uses the data from this first mythic to make a “success” point where all the alliances win. (After first 3 flags I see global damage is around 150bil. So maybe 1 trillion or more damage.) there should be consequences for losing – like a week of darkness and reduced farm / iron output, slower builders. And the opposite for a global win.

7. overall, I like it. But seeing my alliance mates successes and failures would also help to frame how well I’m doing.

8. something else to tie together the efforts of alliances, whatever it is, is really needed. I wanna be on some level cheering for other alliances to do well.

10 Likes

It could have been way better. Like a really strong titan, with billions of health, and everyone can hit it, if it dies in 3 days everyone gets some good loot, that way F2P, C2P, P2P, P2W and whale players could do something together to succeed. This event simply broadens the already homongously large gap between low and non spenders and whales further.

8 Likes

I’ve used this team 3 times. I don’t have other blue heroes. How effective is the team further on the event ? Or should I go for a fresh new neutral color titan team ? Green team will be out of the question cuz of the weak color.

2 Likes

Yes. This is what I’ll do.

Honestly, we don’t know. In beta, it appeared you’d get 10 per day. This is a different set up. My guess is it will be like war and it will all stack based on the wording. But we’re going to have to wait and find out.

I’ve already used my 3 so I won’t be able to answer the question, but hopefully someone will.

2 Likes

Mikki is still worth it even with the mana and attack reduction!

1 Like

This is what I mean by “this dumb event was not beta tested.”

Because it wasn’t.

2 Likes

12 hours time to hit? You may sleep 12 hours :sleeping::sleeping:

Again totally dropped the ball on this. This event had so much potential. They could have had all alliances work together for a common goal. Based rewards % of titan killed and bonus loot if titan defeated. Everyone gets a % of those rewards based on flags used. Use all your flags get full loot. Instead another event where people compete against each other instead of all working together.

5 Likes

I fully disagree. In beta, I was very negative about this event, primarily about the watchers. I found it very unenjoyable. It wasn’t until the last iteration that I found it tolerable. Here is a quote of my feedback in beta.

Okay I’ve been pretty negative on this event, primarily about the watchers. Well, this may be my first positive feedback on the event.

I’m not quite sure what’s going on - seems to be the sharing of damage between watchers and titan - but the mechanism was not as annoying as expected. The wall of watchers did not exist. If I color stacked and didn’t get the right colors, I eventually would and the watchers would clear.

I only played twice and will try more, but at least I’m willing to try more this time, unlike before. That is a positive.

That above is not a wholehearted endorsement. The event did morph quite a bit and I was actually pleasantly surprised with the final product. Is there room for improvement? Sure. But I found myself enjoying my first three hits.

Now saying that, I consider myself pretty far advanced. My base is maxed and I’ve been killing 14* for titan parts. This actually does not appear to take too many titan parts (I’m somewhat stingy on my item usage). It seems like a good event to use the hunters lodge and it’s tools.

So I for one am very happy for the adjustments made in beta, as this was incredibly unenjoyable on first iteration.

4 Likes

@Guvnor are you sure it is 3 per day? It looks like 3 per 12 hours…

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t use miki for his personal attack. I use him to buff everyone’s attack.

I think he knows this from previous posts from today, but I don’t think he is updating (or can) YET because we are unsure if we get 1 more flag in 2hrs, 2, 3, 10, or 100000… it’s pure speculation and assumption that we will get another 3. We may only get 1 more.

For those interested to know if the flags will stack: I have an alt account in an alliance, it has not used the flags, in 2 hrs when we get more, i will report back here to let you know if it has 3, or more.

4 Likes

I agree that it is uncertain, but it’s not pure speculation.

We had 12 flags all at once the last time in beta. We asked, but never got an answer as to the total number for the event.

3 every 12 hours is the 12 that we saw. I think it’s good to be cautious, but it seems pretty clear (an educated guess, not pure speculation) that this is the case.

THANK YOU for doing this!

3 Likes

They’ve worked in now the “deal” which is more than gem deals to gift to your ally ($2.99 vs $4.99). Gives you those high kill battle items. Which give you what? A chance to improve your score for minimal loot. At least with gems you get a chance of a hero pull. Once again SG playing with our “minds”: “Oh a chance to be nice to my ally”. Hey, I was waiting on the gem gifting like last year, and don’t plan on gifting battle mats at twice the cost without a real ROI.

4 Likes

Great idea! Because during a Covid-19, we are all here in this game. Why not just label the MT: “Covid-19” and allow us ALL to beat on it and take it down?

3 Likes

Agree! $$$ grab (shameful) as there is no ROI as the free gifted “gems” deal to our ally mates. Where is that this year? I do give that one because there is more of a benefit than more battle items that I can make myself for minimal possibility at a high loot tier

1 Like

Rats. I was hoping for once a year.

Cookie Settings