🔵 [Dec 15, 2019] Trials of Piety Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Team last time:

Team this time:

No changes to the people, just Grazul and Ariel are now maxed. Drake also has +1 node.

Options:

• Kunchen - 4/80
  • Gafar - 4/70
  • Wilbur - 4/70 +15
  • Jabberwock - 3/70
  • Drake Fong #2 - 3/70
  • Wu Kong - 4/70
  • Li Xiu - 4/70

Result:

Victory again. Lost Hansel along the way but managed without him. Friar tuck is an annoyance with his healing and mana boost… But we got over that…

Was a bit drawn out tho as I didn’t have much colour stacking involved…

Rewards:

• Reset emblem - YES
  • Trainer - fed to Pixie
  • Cleric Emblems - into the pile for Ariel when I get food and iron spare again
  • Monk Emblems - 53/125 for Drake Fong’s next node.
4 Likes

Muddled through the trial, and made a few changes to the line up I took last time.

I took out Wu and added Grazul who has been a levelling project. Gafar was also now maxed, so subbed him in and put Elkanen on the bench, but kept little brother Mnesseus because of his dispell. Was double thinking that decision and accidentally started the battle :woman_facepalming:.

I took in arrows, because I have an abundance, attack banners because Wu was resting, and small health and antedotes.

Was easier than I remember and Borill’s reposte wasn’t a issue thanks to Grazul’s incremental health top ups. And, Gafar kept Friar Tuck in check.

Emblems and trainer hero safe in my inventory for now.

5 Likes

Same team

Lots of dragons to start

Then finished them with a different kind of Dragon

I now have Joon, so hopfully hes in the next one with a 2nd Elk

7 Likes

My team last time

Just as I was selecting the trial team, observed a member was missing from the previous team…had to get thẹ pic above from Nov trial…the missing member was Rigard…must be related to costume :thinking:.

Anyway, that led to a slight change in my team, as the missing slot was filled by The Hatter 3/70, this led to a significant improvement in my team’s performance this time.
Team this time.

Battle field…

Board was decent all through, Hatter’s steal was fun to watch, all needed was just wait for Boss Boril and Friar Tuck to fire, ensure Wilbur’s special is active, then unleash the Hatter’s…
As a result, the battle ended in easier victory and first time I will be completing this trial without the use of items.

First time the team stayed intact till the end too.
Eventually, Monk and Cleric emblems would go to Joon and Kún respectively, Vivic is at final ascension tier, so she is poised for the trainer.

7 Likes

Last Time Team

My Team This Time

Wu and Vivica out, Gafar (sniper and double purple) and Grazul (double red) in.

The Battle

All mana charged, no items used so far, great start.

Not so easy, also not so hard… Hansel died I did not mention him… :sweat_smile:

Reward

Emblem monk and cleric keep for a while.
Trainer goes to Neith… oops nope, maybe goes to Buddy for tournament.

5 Likes

I hate this trial. Had to pay 75 gems, that Boril didn’t want to die^^

What happened? Last time it worked better, I see, maybe I’ll go with Li Xiu again.

My team this time…the screenshot is gone?!

Rebuilt…

Expensive victory…

Emblems stocked for Rigard 2 and Drake, trainer goes to Drake.

6 Likes

Same team as last time. I have Leonidas leveled and started to swap him in for Gafar, then went back and read my post from the last trial and decided why fix what isn’t broken? This team works for me so i’ll Stick with it

6 Likes

Harpoons

I used harpoons

([Warning!, Tip, Danger!] The Old Moderator and the Sea (apologies to Ernest Hemingway and @Kerridoc ) or Wilbur and harpoons in Trials of Piety)

monk Boldtusk

I forgot I could use Boldtusk for this trial.

With antidotes, monk Boldtusk 4*+c18 would be better than Rigard 4*+b18 against Friar Tuck ( 2x red heroes). But worse against front bosses blue Boril and yellow Joon since 2x red heroes would be 2x weak / 2x neutral while Wilbur and Rigard are weak / 2x neutral / strong.

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Rigard +20
  • Li Xiu +19
  • Boril +10
  • Vivica 3^70
  • Leonidas 2^60

Compared to last time, Li Xiu is up 5 talents, Boril is up 4, and Vivica hit the mat wall at 3^70. None of this made much of a difference; this trial is still terrible.

Entered the boss wave with all specials charged, not that it matters, since the only one I fire immediately is Boril. Started with a bomb and dragon, then went to work on Joon, keeping Tuck’s mana down with Leo and Li. For the second straight time, Viv riposted Joon, but died in the process. After one dragon burned through, I started another, but then I let Tuck fire by accident, so it cost me more items. Used 5 axes, 5 bombs, and 2 dragons total. Really hate this trial.

Not enough emblems for Li Xiu or Boril to gain a talent. Trainer hero goes to Chao. I’m targeting Buddy and MN in early January, but Santa would really help on this trial. Hope to do several Atlantis pulls in January with gems and Play credit, so maybe Wilbur will show also. Finally, will save EHTs after Christmas for Sand Empire, because I’ll bet Gafar makes this one way easier.

4 Likes

Not my favourite trial as lack these classes put jabberwok in instead of hawkmoon. Just did the first 2
Used a few arrows for fun and a few small health n mana pots

Emblems for jab n Ariel once complete.

5 Likes

My team last time.

My team this time. I was happy to have Lianna available for this one. I was also intent on ditching the fragile 4* that died repeatedly last time, so I brought in Ariel.

• On the bench: Hansel, Gafar, Elk 3.70, Grazul 3.70, Rigs, Valeria, Wu, Li Xiu, Agwe, Boril, Jabbar, Wilbur 2, Chef BT
  • Up and coming: Viv 4.44

No issues in getting to the bosses with this crew. Everyone was ready to go, and I had two on-color diamonds to boot.

All three died simultaneously in the Great Cascade of '19. No items used. Trainer to Viv, emblems to Tarlak and Ma North.

7 Likes

Here is who I took last time on both:
Previous roster.

Here is who I took on my main this time:

I finally got to test out Hansel and get used to the mechanics of how he works. On the second stage I swapped out Boril and put in Rigard. Was actually a good idea as it kept Viv and Boril’s slash attacks from defeating my team. Luckily I already had my 3 star level 8 defensive troop on Rigard. Hansel along with Leonidas and Li Xiu kept both Viv and Boril in check. Mnesseus dispelled when needed. Gonna do my two alts later.

EDIT: Okay, forgot to post my two alts but here is who i took this time on my first alt:

It was pretty much those heroes but not in that order. I was pretty tired and ready to zonk out from a long day at work but wanted to get these out of the way. Jabbar was doing his job at suppressing Vivica’s healing. I hope I get some sand Empire heroes on my main in summer 2020. Cleric emblems went to Hawkmoon, and monk emblems went to Bane bringing him to +14 or 15. Don’t remember atm. :woman_shrugging:

Here is who I took on Alt #2:

The lovable bear came in handy against Joon in stage one (as that was all I could complete on this profile due to level wall). And Mnesseus hung on surprisingly well for a 1-1. Wu Kong was being a good Monkey Lord and making a majority of my tiles hit like a truck. Monk emblems went to my lovable bear buddy, clerics are being stowed for now.

6 Likes

The Hatter 4/80, Li Xiu 4/70, Wu Kong 4/70, Wilbur 4/70, Rigard+12

Some minor healing potions and one bomb to reduce Joons attack. Hatter is good at dealing with Boril’s riposte.

5 Likes

Reset log: Piety, Shadows, Mysticism, Piety

3 Likes

My team last time :point_up_2:
My team this time :point_down:

Major changes, got a rainbow team in there now. I figured this team would’ve went through unscathed but alas I had to spend a 75 gems to continue. Bleeping Joon. The trainer will go to Miki and the emblems to Valeria and Boril.

6 Likes

Hawkmoon+18, Li Xiu+6, Boril+3, Rigard+9, Wu Kong+12

Brought dragons, bombs, axes, and medium mana pots.

Started with two dragons early, as the monks both resisted the burn from the first one. Was handling the bosses okay, but I think I lost Hawkmoon eventually. Also ran out of mana eventually topping off Rigard and Boril, so at that point I used some more items to avoid the endless healing loop. I think two axes finished the job to avoid another round of healing by Tuck.

Feeder went to current yellow project Hu Tao. Cleric emblems banked for now, Wu got a +1.

4 Likes

Can’t complain about this Trial, pretty strong team!

Done and dusted, no items:

Stayed patient to work my way through Friar, he was tough to put down. Kunchen eats the emblems to move up two more tiers :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

Mostly just for fun, I decided to try a notably different team this time:

The Battle

Health management was a little touch-and-go at times for Hansel, Jabbar, and Gafar, but the healing reductions and mana control were nice counters to Friar Tuck, and the color stack made more sense against Joon.

I think on the whole this was a nice team to switch to.

Shiny New Emblems

Joon and Hansel each stepped up one node.

Holding Out for a Hero

Though I’ve been routinely off-color feeding my yellows to purple heroes, I decided to hold onto the Trainer Hero for now.

I’m closing in on finishing Proteus 4, Caedmon 2, and Triton 2, and then I’m taking a hiatus on hero leveling until I use my 50 EHT in January, hoping for Buddy at least. I’m 2 Darts away from being able to max Leonidas, so I figure it doesn’t hurt to see if I happen to get them by the time I resume leveling heroes in a couple weeks.

Otherwise the Trainer Hero can go to Buddy/Mother North/Vela/Santa or Lianna (who’s sitting around waiting to see if MN shows up, since I only have 5 Tonics).

8 Likes

I take it your a fan of Vela?

2 Likes

Or just not a fan of Grimble :grin: lettin my EHTs rip on 1/1 too

3 Likes

Cookie Settings