🔵 [Dec 1, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Rigard - Zim - Lianna - Grazul - Hansel

4 Likes

Me last time:

Me this time. I subbed out Elkanen for… A CANDY WITCH.

She has higher tile damage.
:man_shrugging:t2:

Trainer going to Peters #2.

6 Likes

A relatively easy victory with:
Melendor +7
Caedmon +18
Gadeirus +1
Gafar
Vivica +7

Only needed to use a few dragon and axe attacks.

4 Likes

I was excited to bring in Lianna for this one (replacing Gafar). I also brought in the costumed Sonya in Caed’s place because of her durability. I did miss the lack of a dispeller, but not too terribly much.

• On the bench: Ariel, Rigs, Gad, Mel, Gafar, Caed, Boril, Hansel, Agwe, 3.70 Viv, 3.70 Elk, 3.70 Alb, 3.70 Grazul (plz send tonics and rings)

I got to the bosses with everyone ready except for the Trix rabbit. I lost two diamonds due to an unfortunate cascade on the screen prior. I also lost 20 flags because my WiFi dropped (dear E&P, plz recover better kk thx).

The fight was a long slog, with me having to burn several pots to get through Horghall. Two steps forward, one step back. Viv’s Mana shield kept resisting Sailor Moon’s Mana debuff.

Once the tree was down, I just ghosted tiles and killed them with specials.

I have no clue who gets the trainer. Emblems to Ma North and Lepus.

5 Likes

This is the team I used:

Two changes from last time; Horghall is maxed and Ariel replaced Rigard. I used mainly mana pots, one healing pot, one dragon. Less than I had to use last time.

The hardest part was Vivica at the last level. This team lacks firepower and I had to rely on her killing herself with Boril’s riposte.

Not decided yet who gets the emblems or trainers.

4 Likes

My team last time:

Went with the same again and bombed them, again.

Trainer goes to…Hansel, when I’m too impatient or MN <3
Emblems go to Caedmon and second Rigard later, I think.

5 Likes

what happened to reset token??? kinda went to zero for some time now…

1 Like

Had a much tougher time beating this than I should have, prolly not enough sleep. Team was

• Mel
  • Caedmon
  • Boril
  • Hansel
  • Rigard

They picked on poor Rigard until he died so I revived him and he died again, not enough purple tiles to help him here. Boril went down first, followed by Horghall. Vivica lasted forever and a day due to only off color tiles available. But I cleared it, so my complaints get pushed aside for happier thoughts of feeding the trainer to Kingston and bringing Boril and Mel to +18.

5 Likes

Same team as the last time

The synergy within the team made it another victory without the use of items

Hoarding all emblems, the trainer is reserved for Tarlak.

5 Likes

I’m stuck with three healers and EDIT: riposte Boril and one sniper as my best team but why are they wasting our time and flags? Too easy to start with and I’m on the point of quitting with SG’s constant tinkering. Seriously, why do we need constant updates when earlier builds were totally stable?

What were they thinking when they released this POS?

I still would of sat on the couch with the volume up loud head banging and getting yelled at by the missus to Turn That :hankey: Down :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My team this time:

• Rigard +20
  • Melendor +20
  • Boril +8
  • Caedmon 4^70
  • Caedmon 4^70

Compared to last time, Melendor is up 1 talent, Boril is up 3, and my second maxed Caedmon is in for Ranvir 2^60. Ranvir didn’t seem to be helping all that much on this trial, so I thought I’d go Caedmon for another hitter/dispeller. Could have also gone with a second Melendor (+1) or Vivica 3^70, but honest-to-goodness, how many healers do we need for this trial? Eventually, I may max a second Rigard, and I’d switch him in to have another purple hero against Viv.

The good thing about having so many healers is saving items during the mob waves. Slow and steady, enter the boss wave with all specials ready. Fired a dragon and a bomb, since damage is at a premium. Focused my first sniper hits on Horghall, and timed Boril’s riposte well to counter his special twice, ending him. I forgot Boss Vivica cleanses, so I wasted one bomb and dragon right before she fired her special, but one more of each was all I needed. Boss Boril fell without a ton of trouble, and once you get it down to just Viv, the tile damage and occasional sniping is sufficient to stay ahead of the heal.

Cleric emblems take Boril up one talent. Druid emblems take second Melendor up one talent. I am completely out of worthy green projects, so for the first time ever, I used a trainer hero off color, leveling Ameonna, who claimed the trap tools recently.

2 Likes

Totally forgot to post for this one, oops.

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

I think I had to revive Hansel to sufficiently mana control the Bosses after he got killed accidentally against Boril’s Riposte, and think I decided that next time I should kill Vivica earlier. I tried killing Horghall before her, and when they were both almost dead I got behind on damage and she ended up healing them both a lot.

I still won fairly easily in the end, it was just more drawn out than it needed to be.

Shiny New Emblems

Caedmon and Hansel both stepped up once.

Another Druid

My second Caedmon ate the Trainer Hero.

Fun fact: I’m low enough on heroes that I want to level at the moment that I’m planning to finish Gobbler from 3-60 to max after this second Caedmon. I doubt I’ll really use him, but with only three heroes sitting at 3-60, I feel increasingly compelled to max them just for a sense of completion.

5 Likes