Dear SGG, your game has been fully copied (MythWars)

Graphic and heroes are quite good.
They are pretty serious about it.

4 Likes

Cold and loveless copy.
Cant compete with the original.
Deinstalled…

5 Likes

Lol. Looks good :joy:

If I install it and pull a 5* hero I’m sold ! At least I know where the better odds of getting better heroes lie :innocent:

9 Likes

Special looks like Wu and hero like a son of Chuck Norris and Sylvester Stallone.

17 Likes

Lol…precisely. With funny name as well.

Give it a try and let us know.

1 Like

Plagiarism aside, their heroes seem to be extremely bland. In EP you remember even one star heroes by their looks (though Aife, Jill and Jenneh have the same face - SG you’re lazy!). Here they look all the same to me. Not even speaking about unoriginal names.

What’s really interesting, is that they don’t already close this topic (and make it invisible).
They usually close other games thread in a blink of an eye, and the staff already saw this topic (i checked).

It is really too much similar to be a coincidence.
So similar as puzzle combat is.

Don’t know if it is another branch or they sold the copyright, but it’s all a bit fishy.

13 Likes

It’s so ridiculous similar.

Bad Karma would have been better.

1 Like

They might be getting some fresh ideas for new artwork :smile:

Thank you for the reports, we’ll investigate this here.

I’ll close this topic as it is not Empires & Puzzles related itself.

19 Likes

I Just came accross a game called MYTHWARS PUZZLES on Play Store and it looks & plays exactly like E&P.

The Heroes look awsome, they are of course different but the rest of the game plays & looks like E&P. What is going on?:thinking:

I’m bringing this up for discussion to find out why this game is so much like E&P & what other peoples opinions on the subject might be.

2 Likes

Was discussed already

Petri said staff is aware of it…

3 Likes

Been playing it as F2P. Currently level 9.
It’s literally identical. With a few subtle changes.
Collect coins to help with summons.
Each raid category awards a chest every day with guaranteed mats.
Epic hero tokens are guaranteed at platinum and diamond after 5 daily wins.
Some of the paywall/mats wall has been negated somewhat
E&P could probably learn a few things from them.
They aren’t greedy yet, but sure they will.
No I don’t work for them so put down your tinfoil hats

21 Likes

A mega /well grossing game company Vs a new starter , I doubt it , but who knows

That’s pretty sweet

• Tinfoil hat removed and placed on counter * ,:rescue_worker_helmet:
3 Likes

I’m aware there is another topic on this.

Let’s play devil’s advocate

Has Mythwars really breached copyright? Has E and P trademarked anything? Is there any brand dilution?

I’d argue that the format and style of E and P is not really that special.

It operates on a loot box structure (with fully disclosed odds and percentages, importantly) which is common to many games.

Selecting levels on a map is ordinary in most mobile games.

Having hero powers charge up in a match three game is also very generic.

So long as Mythwars hasn’t copied character designs, has it breached anything legally?

Interesting questions, I’m sure whoever developed Mythwars thought they could get away with it.

On the other hand if I was acting for Small Giant I’d probably argue that the presentation, style and layout of both games (main menu, castle, game play, loot portal, level structure, narrative of tutorial) is so similar that, if you get both games and do a frame by frame or side by side comparison, a consumer might think they are from the same developer. The only main difference is character appearance. I think this is a strong argument too.

3 Likes

Sorry, mate, but I’ve merged you in. It’s fairly apparent to me that SG is dealing with this internally, and doesn’t feel threads on it are on-topic for the Forum:

6 Likes

Is this a new mode, what game is this?

1 Like

Someone made a bold attempt to ‘copy’ E and P

Mythwars

2 Likes

Cookie Settings