Dear Developers (regarding Special Events)

I’m not asking if you did grind towards that at one time, I’m asking if that was your end goal?

Like you load up the game thinking:
“Man, I can’t wait to dump 4 yellow heroes into my Bne today! WOOOO!!” I might get to ascend him by next Thursday!! YEA!

Cause, I gotta think that the exciting prospect is getting new heroes, and leveling up the 4* and 5* heroes that are going to be your defense team and your Titan team and your War backbone.

Yeah, along the way the 3* will get leveled up. But that’s almost an aside.

Right?

(That’s been the way it is for me. If you guys are really jazzed for leveling up 3*, then I guess more power to you.)

1. I don’t need you to tell me to chill out or relax or be more intense. I’ll make that determination on my own.

2. you provided your opinion. I replied with my own. It doesn’t seem like either of us like the other person’s opinion.

3. as a result, you now instructed me to "

Which, if you’ve been reading along at all, has been suggested like 10 million effing times. Which, is probably why this is firing me up at this point. Instead of ACTUALLY considering the possibility that I could be right, I have a bunch of SGG apologists parading through here telling me the same thing over and over again, liking each other’s posts, and making snide passive aggressive jabs when they feel like it :stuck_out_tongue: … like. I get it. You guys played for a while now and you don’t want this changed. You had to deal with it sucking when you were new, and everyone who comes after you should get to deal with the same thing.

1. if you don’t want to have to read my responses, stop posting here. That goes for literally every person. Because I’m not done responding yet. And the bull crap you people keep posting that in no way addresses my concern is, to me, very frustrating.

It was not the end goal, but it was a goal at that time for sure. Exactly as you said: I’m going to complete ascension of my Bane or even Layla (imagine that :wink: ). I new that in some time I’ll get 4* or 5*, but I was happy even when I got second 3* hero in addition to Bane (it was Azar).

1 Like

We all set different meta goals for ourselves in this game.

Some collect all heros, some want to be best on titans, some want to have most trophies, some want all avatars.

What my goals are doesnt matter, this game caters to all types of player in some way at some point.

But we’re getting off track here.

I like your new game play idea (I think @Konijntje posted something similar), it would be something fun and new.

But why subtract from the game, when you can add?

2 Likes

Actually, setting right expectations saves you from lots of disappointment. :slight_smile:

You maybe got a 4* or 5* in a color before you finished fully leveling or ascending that 2-3* color, no?

In that case, presume you started focusing on leveling the 4*. So

Then at some point you’ve gotta backtrack and level up the 3* for event / war. That isn’t sexy or exciting. It gives some purpose to the game and some heroes on your shelf. But it isn’t the be all end all. It isn’t what drives you to keep playing. (This is my assumption. Could be way off base here. It’s how I feel. )

I JUST addressed this not 15 posts back!!!

And why do you view this as taking something away??! You still get to play the tier. It can be EXACTLY as challenging as it is currently. You can use the exact same heroes. What in the bloody fork is going on here hahhaahha

You’re taking on a very defensive stand point.

A lot of people have read and replied to your ideas and suggestions. Very rationally I might add. (Granted, some not so rational).

You say that everyone that disagrees are SGG apologists and that we never consider that you might be right.

Have you ever considered that we might just think your idea is bad? And that we just happen to agree on this, hence the likes?

And I tend to ask people to chill out when they start posting in caps with a lot of !!!'s.

Also, it isnt about penalizing anyone because we’ve “had to deal with it sucking”. Its about providing enjoyable content for end-game players as well as newer players.

Which is why I’m saying:
Great idea! Add a new game mode for this as well. But dont remove the existing one. Add. Dont subtract.

4 Likes

Again: what is it taking away? Is having leveled up your 3* and having that not matter really as big a deal to you as to a new player not being able to enjoy the events at all?

This is an obvious no. Explain to me how it isn’t.

Look at it as an opportunity to try out 3* you haven’t yet leveled too. I know that leveling 3* isn’t THAT big of a deal. I’m almost there from the start of this thread to now. (Exaggeration… but progress is made :p)

So if it doesn’t mean much to you and means everything to new players. Why you take such a hard line on it?

Actually, yes. Before I saw the first event I didn’t keep it in mind at all. I was aimed on advancing through the map. An Event was a kind of surprise to me and once I failed in it I realized that my goals on building teams require corrections. Perhaps, other players see it differently and have other expectations.

1 Like

Of course.

You’re all using the same rationale and not addressing my core concern though. Instead focusing on how this is like XYZ or that it isn’t fair to vets or I’m entitled and want easy street.

So that’s why you’re all lumped together as apologists :stuck_out_tongue:

This game is not a $100 to be loved by everyone. :slight_smile: It suites one and doesn’t the other. There is a plenty of other games to choose.

Everyone is being very sweet and tolerant towards you, explaining that the kooky little ‘tier of emasculation’ you propose would be really delightful if it didn’t involve changing the event. I’m with them: if the devs want to introduce unicorns that fart rainbows I’d be for that too, if it didn’t screw up the events. Yet still you’re grumpy.

The core problem is that your concern is without merit. You weep at not being able to participate in events as a noob and beg for them to be altered to cater to your whim, with no appreciation of their value (even the beginner tier) to players who have invested vastly more time and effort (and sometimes money) in the game than you. You rail at the foolishness of levelling 3* heroes first, when that’s the process smart players follow. You disdain the thought that you should improve your team to complete the event, when being able to complete the event is one of the key rewards for improving your team.

Your attitude is one of impatient entitlement, which isn’t at all compatible with E&P. The game is about long term commitment, luck and learning. For some players it’s also about spending quite a lot of money.

The fact that noobs can’t complete the beginner tier of monthly events is not a bug: it’s a feature. The disagreement I have with you in this thread is not that I don’t recognise the noob complaint that you are expressing, it’s that I see that noob complaint as one of the cool things about E&P. I understand clearly that you want to participate, you haven’t earned it, and you don’t think you should have to earn it. I think you should have to earn it.

I hope you can now move on from the thought that your concern has not been addressed. I hope I have addressed it sufficiently for you to see that I regard it as entirely baseless.

10 Likes

I am just here for the mustache…

Moustache Cat in the house.

2 Likes

Having your aquired and leveled heros, your aquired and leveled troops, your aquired and produced materials. That is what makes this format a great end game feature.

Use what you have to the best of your ability. That is what is fun. At least I think so.

But we seem to not be able to reach an underatanding, so I wish you all the best.

Peace out.

4 Likes

Perhaps you should first concentrate on levelling your team of heroes as you progress though the completion of the Season 1 map. By the time you’ve finally completed season1 you’ll assuredly have teams capable of finishing some event tiers.

It’s a long term game, so take a happy pill and enjoy progressing your team. Even if you had a roster full of 4* and 5* heroes it will take time to gather the materials to fully ascend them anyway so no need to worry about that right now.

1 Like

To be honest completeing the map should be the last thing on your mind. That will lead to a lot of frustration and a lot of failure.

What I have done in the ~3 months playing has been do the map until it gets challenging to where your not comfortable moving farther. Then stop with progression. Move onto focusing on farming, buildings, getting materials and such. I spent some weeks on stage 20 (just finished yesterday). But I am more focused on building my team up and my buildings as from what I know there is no grand prize for finishing the map. So no rush at all.

Take your time build your team and your buildings. The game is a grind and there is always something to do.

I am not going to get into the event conversation at all. I will only mention this is the first time in ~3 months I was able to complete a tier. I was at the point where I was comfortable enough with my team to give it a real shot. I completed intermediate by the way.

just take my 2 cents as it is. Agree or disagree that is up to you. Play the game the way you want for yourself.

Imagine how exciting this conversation could be if beginner tier was actually worth completing. Trust me, you are not missing anything by not being able to complete beginner tier in this past one, or any of the events for that matter.

3 Likes