Dear Developers (regarding Special Events)

Well yes and no. There is a deal out right now that includes two ascension items (as well as gems, tokens and assorted other goodies).

However that isn’t a done deal as far as “buying a hero” or obtaining all the necessary components to ascend it to maximum. :wink:

Back to Topic…

1 Like

Perhaps of some assistance:

Four maxed 4* and a nearly maxed 5* is 3500. :slight_smile:

You are right, I forgot about special offers when you can buy ascension items.

Built a team with 3875 power, just to see if I could.

No suitable for the beginner stage of the event, I think.

1 Like

:smiley: haha I flagged like 10 posts ago as off topic. Then a moderator comes in and assists the off topic conversation.

NOICE

:stuck_out_tongue:

(Not that any of it matters. Guess if the forum functions to teach one person one thing, we can view that as a win :stuck_out_tongue: )

I think you might be wandering off topic.

1 Like

Spot on as always bro.

3 Likes

Sometimes a Moderator—going back and reading the original post—may disagree with various flag requests. Or they might be cat-like and easily distracted by things that squeak and move too fast. :wink:

Back to topic…

4 Likes

Im sorry i was not clear. I have 5 3 star heros maxed 5 2 star heros and could not complete the beginner tier. I also have 2 teams of 4 star heros with the majority maxed amd could not complete the intermediate tier. I also have 3 teams of 5 star heros. The first team is almost completely maxed with perseous and natalya. This team equals 3878 points. My troops are 4star and at level 14 and 15. I could not complete the advanced tier. I hope I was more clear this time. And as the other author said. This sucks. Because with these credentials I should have been able to complete these tiers.

With those teams you definitely should have been able to complete all three tiers without too much trouble, I think you might have been doing something wrong.

1 Like

I took this into intermediate. I lost 2 stages which I redid rather than pay to revive. I finished and was quite surprised. Just need to take your time. Unless you finish under 2 min don’t bother watching the clock.

Not a single maxed hero. I did miss Joon though (not maxed either).

I can feel some of your frustration. I previously argued for more inclusive events for more junior players and saw many similar arguments.

The thing is I now see both sides.

I still feel the events can benefit from being more inclusive… but this cannot be at the cost of making the existing ones easier. If it is to be done, it needs to have its own separate ‘mode’ (i.e. you can opt to play an event in ‘easy’ mode or ‘Normal’ mode). This gives the established players their current challenge while still giving the newbies something interesting to do.

Now… you say it doesn’t need to be ‘easy’. I find this a tougher ask. It will prove very tricky for the devs to come up with and properly test a format that is still challenging for newer players but still more achievable than the current event. This in my opinion is too fine a line to tread and will involve significant work. And who benefits? The group of players who before long would have built out their teams enough to compete in the ‘Normal’ event mode in any case… i.e. are in a transitory state in their journey through the game. Not great use of dev time.

So… I agree with the principle, but to my mind needs to be on the following basis:

• It’s separate to normal event and is differentiated in rewards (you want normal event to be a worthy goal to strive for).
  • It’s EASY to develop and doesn’t require a lot of testing and tweaking. So (for example) make easy mode just halve the defense of all enemies, say. This would (unfortunately) just make it easier… but would be a whole lot simpler to implement.

Anything more complex and I don’t feel the development time will be worth the gain in ‘good will’ for what is essentially a transitory state in a gamer’s journey through the game.

5 Likes

That is such a smart and sensible summary that it might just about be the last word on the subject. I’ll be copying it from now on instead of producing anything new.

(Are you sure you wrote it, @Little_Infinity? It seems uncharacteristically good for a pool of cold vomit like yourself.)

2 Likes

Sometimes us vomit pools luck in to some inspiration. If I knew it would gain your support I would have tried to actually say something sensible instead.

:smirk:

2 Likes

Hm… With this bases you should have been able to complete both beginner and intermediate tiers, I’d say.
Do you have healer 3* heroes? (Belith, Hawkmoon)?
Did you exclude blue heroes from your event team?

Well Mr Infinity…

I’m gonna say: “close enough, I’ll take it.” And let’s put this horse out to pasture because - There may be little agreement on the original point, but surely we all agree that it is moot because even if this were a consensus issue (it isn’t), it still wouldn’t be a developer priority.

So, with that, thank you everyone for your input. This has been a colossal waste of everyone’s time. Additionally, I think we are all sad for emc154 in a very real way.

And the last thing I’ll say here is: I may not like you all, and I may not respect all of you, but gosh darn it, some of you have moustaches and are cats.

Fin.

2 Likes

It may be automatically split by player level.

Under 35 - normal
Over 35 - Hard

Or even 3 brackets (introducing a easy mode)
Off course rewards slightly increase accordly.

1 Like

A nice way to improve the Events would be giving a better loot for completing each level. As far as I remember they’re farmable meh items. Maybe throw in a chance to get a ascesion mats or gems or whatever that might be worth going for that one more level. It would be way more enjoyable. Right now there is basically no reason for an avarage player to waste world energy for one more level of Intermediate if there is no chance they’d complete the tier or score somewhere in the top. When it’s a choice between going for Level 4 of Intermediate and farming the map, I usually just give up and farm. If there was some nice loot for each level, people would be more eager to complete more levels.

2 Likes

The first event I took part in i was out of my league. By the next event I completed beginner and intermediate. I’ve been playing the game for 2 months total and only spent money on the VIP. I think if it were any easier it would be boring. I’m Excited for the next event to take a shot at advanced. Please don’t make it easier. People just need to get stronger.

These events are fine as they are. They are tough, challenging, and there needs to be such a feature in this game. It’s just the “beginner” wording can be confusing for new players.

This round, I found out that I don’t have a proper answer to Guinevere. Basically that ended the event for me. It’s okay. I don’t mind. What I do is I play the first level of all 3 “difficulties”, so I get 3 modest summon tokens at event’s end. That’s cool.

And I’ll try my hand at intermediate, because my 4-stars are my best heroes + troops, and see how far I get. I did make it into the 5000 best bracket once.

1 Like