Dear Developers (regarding Special Events)

As I said, I spent months playing the game before I could do well at even the easiest stage of challenge events. Being able to complete them now, at all stages, is my reward for that. I do agree, and this discussion is a regular one on the forums, that the levels need renaming to be more accurate.

The real reason I think that pure newbie content, besides the basic game itself, is a lower priority is because players don’t stay new. They keep on improving. I conclude that the reasoning is that it is better to provide new content that all players can continue to make use of into the future, than to make new content that rapidly becomes obsolete for most as players grow beyond it.

1 Like

And you guys keep defaulting to a suggestion that this tier needs to be easy.

It doesn’t.

To excel you would still need to select the correct heroes. still need to assemble a team from a pool of heroes you’ve collected, have their abilities work synergistically to combat the designed level.

Still use items wisely. Still choose the correct items to take along.

Use abilities at the right times, against the right enemy.

Still have luck in a good board falling your way.

The only component that changes, which I really believe minimally impacts you guys that have “earned it” is the removal of your time spent leveling your heroes.

And this could be a VERY challenging tier. The designers would want to ensure that a variety of different hero combinations could complete the challenge, but to score highly you could have the current score based multiplier and maybe throw in a multiplier or bonus for using fewer items.

This would reward players for moving quickly, being lucky, having the right team, and using items judiciously.

This would reward your experience and skill.

But it would, again, be an event everyone could enjoy and compete at.

So, let’s hear some more about how I’m wrong and you’re right :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re wrong, and we’re right. Happy now? :stuck_out_tongue:

What you’ve been arguing is coming across as that because you can’t compete in this event, it needs to be completely redesigned to make it easier. Nope, can’t find anything to consider worthwhile in that apparent argument.

OTOH, a completely new type of event, following the sort of rules you’ve proposed, could potentially be very interesting for everyone. A real test where skill, not hero power is the only differentiating factor.
But I would also be very surprised in the event that something like this is added to the game, if we didn’t see the same old names at the top of the boards, with more complaints about them always winning, because pure skill and reaction time is a big part of how those players got to the top of the current event leaderboards. Another part is that they have spent months learning the ins and outs of the game to get that skill.

5 Likes

:smiley: thatd be legit though. I’d love to see that.

And I don’t expect to.

But I would love to :slight_smile:

At it’s core, this game combines an RPG and match-3 format. Intrinsic to RPG is character and skill development, and accumulated boosters (portions, etc). What I think I hear you say is you would like an event that mostly ignores all the RPG side and just used matching skill. That would be out of character for the game.

You concede that character selection should be part of the process, but that raises the same issues: how many 3* heroes do you have access to? My ally Wharflord is now leading Beginner, and he has carefully accumulated —and leveled—his preferred set of 3* heroes and 2* troops. Just wait until his Squire Wabbits are on-line… Starting players don’t have as many. Is that unfair? I don’t think so. Oh, and he has carefully accumulated huge stockpiles of preferred items, diverting resources from other goals. Should that investment be removed?

We’ve talked early about how much less grief SG would get if they just labeled the three tiers as “***, ****, ****”.

2 Likes

@Brobb Game baby :joy:, made me laugh.

@Duaneski GL with next months event! Sure you’ll be able to finish beginner stage by then.

Vegan - I hate vegans. You fit right in with the rest of them!

Kerri - Man. Cmon.

New players should be able to compete with the tools they have. Yes. Does this put everyone on the exact same footing? No.

Is it a vast improvement. Of course. There’s a RELATIVE semblance of balance between players. Newbies are going in at an equal power level instead of 1000 versus 2000. That’s a joke.

But this is probably why this game and Clash of Clans have hundreds of thousands of users and print money while Turn Based Strategy games where it isn’t a mindless grind or P2W have hundreds of users and struggle to keep the lights on.

It’s what the people want.

Edit: this post was flagged by many people as inappropriate. Wanted to say: I stand by everything written above.

1 Like

I agree 100% that the special event sucks, just been 20 minutes busy to try to get true the stage in the end you see combos flying towards the endboss and they keep reviving, this sucks and does discourage players, I working hard and investing lots of money to get further then this, well then I expect this game to be more fun and not about getting peoples money!!!

1 Like

Yet another complaint about money. Imagine, this game can be fun without or with little money to spend. Just set right expectations: you can’t directly buy awesomeness, you can only speed up your advancing in a right direction.

2 Likes

You can’t buy ascension mats? You can’t buy heroes? You can’t buy troops?

1 Like

No, you can’t. You can increase a chance of getting all those things. And this is a point of confusion. It’s like a difference between classical and quantum mechanics: one is determined while another is based on probabilities. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What you said makes no sense

With the right amount of gems you can get anything

1 Like

The question is: How reasonable this amount is?

1 Like

RNG, you can get it in the first try, you can get it on the 100th try

Point is, you can get it

1 Like

To my mind “you can get it” means that you spend a particular known in advance sum of money and obtain exactly what you want. It doesn’t work this way, does it?

Since it is RNG as you said, you can just buy extra attempts and nobody can guarantee you that you will get exactly what you want.

1 Like

I agree i have 5 -3*

ok keyboard warrior, you win

you cannot buy 5* heroes and ascension item with gems, you’re right

1 Like

I have 5 three star heros fully levelled up and 5 two stars fully levelled up. However in the first tier it does not allow you to have all 3 star heros. You have to have 3 3 stars and 2 two stars. Which you cannot complete even the first tier. Never mind the 2nd and third tiers. I have 3875 power and 2100 cups and cannot complete any of the tiers so devs i give up. You will get no more money from me until the challenges are fair for the beginner intermediate and the advanced. Thank you for listening.

1 Like

If you really can’t use five 3* heroes in the ‘beginner’ stage, you need to contact customer support. That’s a bug.
https://smallgiant.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000542934-How-to-Contact-Support-v1-9-7-onwards-
Though note that the restriction is the number of stars (:star:) that the basic card has, not the number of tiers of ascension the hero has, denoted by the chevron (^) symbols on their card.

2 Likes

I doubt you have 3* in your team. I think here is some confusion. A team of Maxed 3* heroes can’t exceed 3000 strength (even 2500 I think). To have 3875 team power you must have some 5* heroes ascended to at least level 3 and maxed 4*.