Deals Extra Damage against *element*

Release Notes 1.8 says: Certain Special Skills deal extra damage against opposing elements. This effect is decreased from 150% to 140%. Heroes currently affected : Hel & Athena.

Now, I have questions about this and need verification on what this special skill affects? I’ll use Zeline as our example:

1. Zeline does 143% damage to all enemies… does that mean she’s doing 183% damage to all Ice enemies with this ability?
  2. Zeline’s troops do 200% to Ice enemies, does this mean it actually does 240%, or 280% instead?

Are we talking about a full +40% buff to Emerald Flash damage AND troops? Or is it just affecting the special?

Thanks,
Silv

The skills that deal extra damage to x color state so specifically in their descriptions.

Alright, so what that means is:

Zeline’s troops will still do 200% damage to Ice enemies, and her special will still do 143% damage to all enemies except Ice, which will pump out 183% damage? Correct interpretation?

1 Like

Does her ability specifically state “deals additional damage against ice enemies”? If so then the correct formula for base damage against ice enemies would be 143% of attack * 1.5 (as by your patch notes zeline is not affected by the Nerf. If she was you can multiply by 1.4 instead) . You could then divide by the opposition’s defense differential to get a rough damage estimate.

Zeline was added on February of 2018, and the only heroes out at the time that had this ability was Hel and Athena. After the patch Natalya, Zeline, and Gravemaker have been added, and should not be 150%, as the ability was nerfed on a whole, and not as a stand only for just those two heroes.

Correct damage interpretation is following:
Zeline does 764 damage, and Emerald Flash at 143% will be 764 * 1.43 for 1092 damage.
Once that damage is calculated, it checks to see if any enemies is Ice, and will do 1092 * 1.4 for 1528 damage.
Not the 764 * 1.83 for 1398 damage I was thinking…

It’s weird they have to state that in an ability, but elemental weakness does not affect special skills, and only troops. Hence my confusion on whether this was a Emerald Flash only adjustment or for Zeline’s hero as a whole (including troops). I think this clears up a lot of my confusion, thanks Tyler.

Silv

1 Like

Question is how long that extra damage against X element last? It is with special skill but nowhere is written how many turns.

If it is “elemental link” (like Alasie) it lasts a specified number of turns. Only affects the heros of that color, with regards to damage dealt/received.

If it is hero specific “special elemental damage” (like Zeline), it only affects the special attack and is always there.

I’m really sorry, still can not understand. Gravamker has - deals extra damage against Nature. Is it one time extra damage or is it permanent? Confusion is because it is under Gravemaker’s (Zeline etc.) Special skill. When that extra damage is happening? All the time or when Special skill is activated? If second, how long it last? Just first hit? Or how long?

It affects JUST the special skill as I understand it. So there are no turns to count because tile dmg is not affected. But special ability is affected all turns i guess(for dot)?

Ok, lets take Gravemaker as the example.

Tiles damage:
This is exactly as for every other hero. Strong, neutral and weak. There is no card specific bonus for this.

Special ability damage:
Scenario 1:
Use his special on anything NOT green. It does exactly the damage stated on the card. The fire DoT and the initial damage.

Ex1: Hits a purple hero for 1000 damage.

Scenario 2:
Use his special on a green enemy. The initial damage and fire DoT is 20% higher than in scenario 1.

Ex2: Hits a green hero for 1000*1.2 = 1200 damage.

Conclusion:
Only the damage from the special ability is increased by 20%.

Tiles are NOT affected.

2 Likes

Thanks for explanation. Now it is clear to me. Thanks other guys too :slight_smile:

1 Like

So if the “extra” amount varies by hero, anyone aware of how exactly it’s calc’d?

For example
Gm does 20% more
Vela does 70% more

Why the difference in the %s and is it pulling the differences based on stats or normal special skill dmg or what?

4 Likes

I really wish they would just tell us how much extra damage is dealt.

I believe Zeline deals 40% more damage to ice… so it’s inconsistent. Her stats are similar to Vela too, so I don’t think it’s related to attack stats.

I mean, in their other game Puzzle Combat, they have heroes that deal x% extra damage against armor. So if they show the extra damage %s there, why not in E&P? The games are both under the same studio…

5 Likes

I think the best way to calculate this is to run guardian chameleon and see how much gm or vela does to the same target but with a swapped element(also accounting buff chameleon gives).

The degree of extra damage really ought to be specified on the cards.
Vela’s extra - extra damage, compared to GM, explains a lot as to why the Telluria / Vela combo is so powerful.

Now, it makes me wonder how much extra dmg others like Ursena & Athena do. (Will search for the answer and put here for future ref). Have these percentages ever been changed in the live game?

I’d guess that hero speed is linked to extra damage, maybe with Vfast < Fast < Med. etc.
But it would be nice to have an official justification for the differences.

1 Like

As usual, others have figured out pretty much all of it already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They need to fix Vela… 70% is insane, and she is the reason Telluria tanks at the top are out of whack. They don’t even have to say anything, just knock it down. If it’s lowered to 40% the card is still correct. Call it a bug fix.

CLosed as there is a newer more complete thread: