DD's list of hero Buff/Nerf requests

DumbleDorkus' (DD's) Personal Buff /Nerf List

Original Post August 2022
Last Updated: October 2022

Below are my thoughts on current adjustments needed for E&P game balance- both Nerfs and Buffs. Your thoughts are welcome below, but in part this is just to get these out of my brain and onto paper.

NERFS

I don’t generally like recommending heroes be nerfed unless its absolutely necessary. Instead, releasing more heroes who are countermeasures is a friendlier way to keep the game balance rolling.

Rush wars and rush tournaments, in general, seems to be where most of the overpowered hero issues stockpile. I was glad to see some movement this month on taming the Treevil issue. Even though many players were not happy about it I think when you saw occasional Tree tanks in top 100 alliance rush wars and then take 2-3 hits to bring down, you can tell there was (and still might be) a problem. However, many players are getting frustrated with rush and win rates are much lower than traditional mana speed gameplay. Overall, I’d like to see rush wars be replaced by the beta tested but never released Elemental Charge (https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/early-information-on-new-war-rules-part-of-the-beta-beat-v32-v33/). This was a pretty fun mechanism and does incorporate some selective mana boosting.

So- ranting aside- the only one for me on the nerf list right now is Kalo. I expressed my displeasure in beta feeback that when he was made very slow but kept his special skill that this was just pushing the issue into a corner of gameplay (rush) instead of actually addressing the issue. To me, proper resolution means a slow or very slow mana speed and either making him cast nearby dead allies only, or Average mana and cast the last killed ally’s special.

BUFFS

I was glad to see Esme, Jade, Noor and Vela in the August 2022 buffs (even though I own none of these!).

I classify why some heros need buffs differently. Here is my list of heroes who are newish and should be as good as their peers…or possibly amazing. But just aren’t:

Almost Heroes

Hero Part of Skill to Change Proposal
Exeera All ice enemies are immune to this attack. Add: Dispels buffs from all enemies (first item to fire) Remove: ice enemies are immune
Salmon Loki After each element change, enemies take 484 damage if their element is Holy. After each element change, enemies take 484 damage if their element is Holy and 242 damage for all other elements. Dark enemies are immune to this attack.
Add: All allies get +34% attack.
Lughaidh While in Ghost form the caster mana and can’t be healed by Special Skills. All Mana and healing reduced by 50% while in Ghost form.
Lady of the Lake Costume Each Hit from the Magical Sword Minion gives the target the following status ailment: The target gets -24% mana generation for 3 turns Each Ally with a Magical Sword Minion receives 10% mana per turn.
Saoirse The target and nearby receive -54% defense for 3 turns The target and nearby receive -54% defense for 4 turns
Diochan Summons a minion for caster and nearby Summons a minion for all allies
Klaern *added Oct 22 All enemies receive 205 Water damage over 5 turns. The caster absorbs 25% of dealt water damage as health. All enemies receive 150 water damage per turn for 3 turns. The caster absorbs 50% of dealt water damage as health.

Older Reworks

And here are the heroes that are now a little older and with power creep are Way behind (but can’t be fixed by simply turning up what they currently do)

Hero Part of Skill to Change Proposal
Misandra Has a 42% chance for additional hits on random enemies up to 3 times. Has a 60% chance for additional hits on random enemies up to 4 times.
Chakkoszrot All enemies with a dispellable mana generation buff get -54% […] Include all mana buffs as (e.g. mana over time like C Ariel, Ludwig, Alberich, Toxicandra)
Shale Caster and caster and nearby for charges 1 & 2 All allies (all charges)
Boss Wolf All effects (4 turns) Add: 180% damage to all enemies
All Effects → 6 turns
Guardian Owl The caster gets +46% defense for 5 turns All allies get +46% defense for 5 turns
Telluria All allies regenerate 306 HP over 2 turns.
All enemies get -24% mana generation for 2 turns.
REMOVE: Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
All allies generate 609 HP over 3 turns.
All enemies get -24% mana generation for 3 turns.
Ranvir All allies get +195% attack and -35% accuracy that applies only when the enemy has more HP than the attacker All allies get +195% attack and a 35% chance of doing 1 damage. This effect only applies when the enemy has more HP than the attacker. Note: Most have replaced Ranvir by 3 star Bertulf because of the miss chance…this change means ailments (DD, EDD) will still stick and titan weak spot will stun with a match- but the chance of actually high damage will drop.

Turn it up!

And then the third list of buffs is for heroes that just need MORE of what they currently do already. They at least could be usable with 20% more damage or 20% more healing. Just more! (in rough order of newest → oldest)

• Slayer family (nearly everyone could use more damage)
  • Zhabog
  • Akkorog
  • Captain Nemo (added Oct 22)
  • Aouda (added Oct 22)
  • Morris
  • Zila Lei
  • Wren
  • Candy
  • Russell
  • Tyr (added Oct 22)
  • Thor (added Oct 22)
  • Gefjon (added Oct 22)
  • Fura (added Oct 22)
  • Fenrir (added Oct 22)
  • An-Windr (added Oct 22)
  • Agnes (added Oct 22)
  • Stonecleave (added Oct 22)
  • Jarvur (added Oct 22)
  • Sumle (added Oct 22)
  • Balbar
  • Reuben
  • Clarissa
  • Grazul
  • Sargasso
  • Captain Kestrel
  • Peters
  • Boomer
  • Gretel
  • Sir lancelot
  • Perseus
  • Natalya

Exeera- ice immunity is fine, as long as she has other skills to compensate for this negative effect. I have suggested frosting blue tiles to punish blue mono on defence

Salmon loki- higher DOT with 4 turns is imo enough

Lughaidh- it’s not really his problem but the ghost mechanic which is the main problem. Ghost mechanic needs to at least generate some mana at a slower speed. As low as -80% mana gen

C lady lake- one of the few examples where the costume is way inferior than the regular version. I would suggest at least a minion for all allies instead.

Saoirse- yeah, 4 turns is enough for DD heroes

Diaochan- I don’t really think she needs a buff. Fighting her is already a slogfest, don’t need her to stall more

1 Like

For me we are widening the gap continually between all the new and so many old heroes.
There are so many available that you no longer see the likes of :
Red Hood
Anzogh
Thoth-Amun
Marie-Therese
Neith
Elradir
Aegir
Baldur
Zulag
Russula
Jean-Francois
Yang Mai
Captain of Diamonds
Ranvir
Bertila
Etc

1 Like

Diochan needing a buff? So she can be the most dominant hero rather than just very good?

I reroll most the time whenever I see diaochan, not because she’s OP or anything, she stalls for sooooooo long. And I have no patience for that. And if she’s with Arco, please end my suffering.

Arco… I very much would like. He goes from just getting his special of top everyone having double health in moments. Outta damn annoying.

How about Cheshire Cat? Situational defense down, and ridiculously low poison Dot? Time for a buff if you ask me.