Days in alliance

How do you have a leader and co-leader in alliance that joined 9 days ago and other members at 39+days ago?

Somebody transferred leadership 9 day’s ago to this members.

1 Like

Didnt know that issue of inactive leadership had been resolved. Cool

1 Like

It’s not really “resolved”. In that case you are talking about, all of the alliance leadership is active and passing lead one another while (porbably) out mercing titans for POV. Could be another reason like shared leadership or something else.

If leader is completely inactive, he can not pass the leadership and nobody can do anything about it.

3 Likes

As others above mentioned.

A leader can pass on leadership to another member. There are no restrictions on how long this member has been with the alliance.

As I understand it, if the leader leaves the alliance without designating a new leader then the system will default to next most senior member.

In my own alliance, the longest serving member is not the leader.

Is this new? It’s been my understanding that the lack of this ability is the source of so many zombie alliances. In my own alliance we took in groups from 3 different alliances whose leaders were inactive a year or more and leadership titles weren’t transferred to anybody in that time.

edit: oh, I think you mean if they actually leave, not if they go inactive. sorry for the misunderstanding

If not dead on, The Philosopher is very close to accurate. I’ve read similar before but cannot recall where but am almost certain that it was SG text.

I’ve asked the staff

2 Likes

Afaik the leadership role will be randomly given to the next higher role (so any co-leader most likely). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oldest Co-Leader???

That’s my understanding.

Mate’s alliance decided to merge with another, so they moved to the new (larger) alliance. Apparently there were only two members of the old alliance left who didn’t make the move and leadership went to the oldest member, I think.

It makes some sense, otherwise we’d be in the position of alliances being actually leaderless rather than having inactive leaders.

In the war team alliance I saw a co leader at like 165days or something.

Can the leader leave his alliance then come back as leader? Like say they wanted to merc for awhile or something. Thought the alliance was registered to the individual who opened it…

Whoever was leader in their absence would have to transfer leadership back to them. That’s my guess anyway. :laughing:

1 Like

When a leader leaves the alliance without designating the new leader, the system will promote the most tenured co-leader as the new leader.

The leader who left the alliance, either designating a new leader or not, cannot go back to the alliance automatically as the leader. The new leader must hand in the reins to the original leader.

1 Like

Well maybe the leader poped out to another alliance? that they are with want to help? My alliance we have another that’s ours too, plus say in bed with others in as we talk to each other and may pop there to help :woman_shrugging:

There are many different ways this could have happened.

My own alliance for example… I originally created it on an alt. Then passed it on to my girlfriend so that my alt could join another alliance. Then took it back again later with that alt. Then my main left my main’s original alliance and took control of the whole thing.

None of us can remember exactly how old the alliance actually is. :laughing: