Danzaburo - is he worth it?

That’s just it, if you already have a deep yellow bench he doesn’t seem to add much value. I guess he can be be useful for those newer players without so many other options.

1 Like

it’s fun to play with him and I would level on Hu Tao but not on Chao. While waiting for the AM x Chao you can climb it to grow your hero’s bench.

P.s. sorry for my english!

Sorry, he is not better than Chao. Chao gets the short end of the stick and is much more useful than most people think. I’d rather than have him over Li Xiu or Hu Tao any day of the week. none of those heroes scale at all, whereas a Chao can pair with other 4s or 5s to color stack vs Hel or purple tanks. I got chao early on 3 accounts and NEVER regretted ascending him once.

13 Likes

Danza is a tank. Mind you he’s a 4* tank so that means he will be thought of as much as every other 4* tank. Which is to say little to none at all. But if you are looking for a 4* yellow tank…there’s still Li Xiu. He ain’t the best tank in 4* yellow.

1. He has the highest health among 4* yellow heroes (1224) and above average defense (637).
  2. His sword effect is stronger than Hu Tao and a bit weaker than Justice. The blinding effect is stronger than either of them coming in at -54% for 3 turns.
  3. His bottle effect has the exact defensive buff as Vivica (+63%) and the mana boost is the same as Boss Wolf’s (+24%) for 4 turns.
  4. If it weren’t for the misfires, he’d be overpowered because his SS speed is average whereas every other hero I mentioned above is either slow or very slow.

I’ve got a team for dropping cups that has found its new tank. I can just imagine that it would be hilarious to play against Danzaburo. Any 5* heavy team will steamroll over this team, but I imagine that a team in the 3300 - 3500 TP range might underestimate Danza and let his SS go off.

9 Likes

I also feel Chao gets a bit of unfair treatment! He’s one of my better heroes at 3rd ascention (one orb off last ascention).

His fast mana speed and hard attack is useful in raids specially with his mana reduction. Always really good vs purple titans too.

Still can’t decide how much effort to put in to Danzaburo!

Some rate him and others don’t. I used him once in a war, got one special off and of course it was the self freeze haha.

I think I’ll level him up a few ascentions as he will still be my second best yellow above Bane

1 Like

I have this heroe and tested him. For analysis

He have 3 differents effects That he can pull of:

• damage all ennemies and blind them, this attack is stronger than Hu Tao and Justice (on the dmg porcentage) the blind effect is also the strongest out of all heroes -54% but on only 3 turns (justice have 4 turns)

• boost your team with a very strong defense buff and mana buff. Defense buff as strong as vivica.

• cannot up mana for 2 turns
    This heroe is a double edged sword. But 66% of the time, it’s an effect that incrase survivability of your team.

Danzaburo for me is totally worth it.
I really love this kind of heroes

3 Likes

If you have Aeron or Gato, try using them with Danzaburo. Aeron/Gato’s debuff shield will prevent the effects of the mana freeze, making Danzaburo much more playable.

11 Likes

Incase some one doesn’t know what/who we are talking about.
This is the hero and his (cut his own knee) skill.

1 Like

I’ve now used Danzaburo around 5 times, every single time I used the special it was freeze!

1 Like

My problem with that is having built up all that mana, even if the effect of freeze doesnt work, the mana still goes back down to 0 :frowning:

The trade off is that Danzaburo has two tricks that are very powerful, far above the level you’d get if they were reliable. He’s like Wu Kong: when he’s good, he’s very very good, but when he is bad he is awful.

5 Likes

I’m not going to max him, about 80% of the times I’ve used his special it’s been to freeze. The other times it’s the team buff.

Can’t rely on him with my play style haha

Is Danzaburo any good and how are you utilizing him?

If you like to be able to plan out and tightly control your fights, he’s going to drive you nuts. If you don’t mind that maybe something good will happen, and maybe nothing at all will happen when you punch his special, then you can at least consider him.

Are you F2P, C2P, or P2W? And what other golds do you have that you’re considering leveling instead? I’d probably make a recommendation more in relation to that information than in absolute terms.

3 Likes

My Danza is basically used to fill a place in a War team. I can’t rely on him so he makes up the number until I have a better roster unfortionately

In my roster he is at 3/60 level for now. I use him for lower provinces farming and in Alliance Wars. His special when it fired is powerful, but in all AWs he just froze himself. I haven’t yet decided if I’ll ascend him to a final stage.

He did well in the first 2 levels and 4 stages of Trials of Shadows.
But at the boss fight he froze himself 3 times :confused:

for me it was the opposite… he froze himself always in the first 2 levels… but in the last level i got 4 specials… 3 bottles and one sword… :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my case he froze ALL THE TIME!
Poor Danzaburo, too many responsibilities for him.

2 Likes

A Freeze, two Bottles and one set of Swords…mixed bag but the job was accomplished (with a little help from his friends).
Fighting with him is an emotional roller-coaster.

2 Likes