:heart:
4/75
+1 Costume
4/80
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 2 Sakura
Image Aether Power Description
gamble Gamble At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +60% attack with -20% accuracy for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Tricksterā€™s Gambit
  • Perform a trick for a special effect:
  • Swords
    • Deals 255% damage to all enemies.
    • All enemies get -54% accuracy for 3 turns and chance to miss also applies to offensive Special Skills.
  • Bottle
    • All allies get +24% mana generation, and +63% defense, for 4 turns.
  • Freeze
    • The caster canā€™t gain mana for 2 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

kƩp

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sakura Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• +3% / +6% / +9% / +11% / +13% mana generation.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Danzaburo ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Danzaburo.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Danzaburo and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Danzaburo worth summoning for?

• Would you use Danzaburo on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Danzaburo ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Danzaburo as an opponent?

• Would you give Danzaburo Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Danzaburoā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Danzaburo and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Danzaburo, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Danzaburo when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Danzaburo, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Danzaburo (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Danzaburo), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Danzaburo (post release)

:question: Is Danzaburo worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Danzaburo would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Danzaburoā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Accurancy Debuffer
  • Mana Generation Buffer
  • Defense Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Danzaburo compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Danzaburoā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Danzaburo worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you donā€™t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if youā€™re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I donā€™t think so.
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Danzaburo is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Danzaburo is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is this hero worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Danzaburo then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

I remember when raid tourneys first started, this guy actually did decent as tank in 4* no purple, especially buff booster. Swords is a great attack in all formats, Bottle great for BB, good for others, and, well, freeze stinks, but thatā€™s Danzaā€™s thing.

I also used him frequently when class trials first started and I struggled with filling my team for one of the rogue trials.

Of course, this is all just reminscing. With the s3, s4, ninjas, magic tower, CoK, W3K, and new challenge event 4*s, I donā€™t think even many new players will find a use for poor Danza.

5 Likes

I was just thinking the same and Iā€™m sat here smiling at him.
I got a bit if use out of him when he first came out and his first two specials are great, just a shame about the third
The good old days :smiley::smiley:

3 Likes

@Noble_Weasel used to have as a tank ā€¦

I dont mind danza sure the two i got dont see much action now as there more 4* holy out there and got more rouge classā€¦
Iv seen in beta threads well danza has cool 2 Specials on random and this hero has one and the other two that are well soā€¦soā€¦sooā€¦ That are random these are 5* heros ā€¦

Side -
If like to roll the dice level yah danza :green_heart:

2 Likes

Maybe if they removed the freeze, people would use him. I read his skills and moved him straight to warming the bench at 1/1. Much like Wu Kong, I just donā€™t like to gamble.

Fun fact: Danzo pairs well with Poseidon. You fire Poseidon first, then him, and if he pulls a snowflake, he will not be affected by it and can continue to charge.

7 Likes

People let the randomness really throw them off to him, but Danzaburo is SOLID.

Basically your have a 2/3 chance to fire a 5* caliber special from a 4* hero.

• His sword special with AoE blind is bigger than Justice.

• His bottle special with the D boost is on par with a Viv level D boost. The mana gain is there in lieu or the heal, but healers are abundant. Mana boosters are not. Especially as a F2P.

• His snowflake, or the ā€œbadā€ special isnā€™t that bad. Nothing bad happens to your other heroes. He is not damaged or hits an ally or anything a la Mindless Attack. Simply he has no special. Given there is already a level of risk in not knowing WHICH special this isnā€™t that big of a risk. He shouldnā€™t be critical to your plans, like say EDD, but he can be a solid supplement with a 2/3 chance to impact above his rarity.

His HP is big. Combine that with emblems and rogue class and he is a durable little bugger too.

Someone tagged @Noble_Weasel , but I believe @Gryphonknight has an LBā€™d one.

I am okay with variation, I use Malicna too. 2/3 of his specials are really great. The 1/3 isnā€™t bad, itā€™s just neutral.

:beers:

8 Likes

I still have a lot of fun using him in PVE - earlier floors of Ninja/Magic Tower, for example. Yeah sure, the freeze is annoying, but the other two effects are great! and in the end, heā€™s fun!

5 Likes

HeĀ“s the only four star I ever only used as food, early in the game - I didnĀ“t quite understand everything just yet! I got him but didnĀ“t keep him - the RNG element around him is just too much RNG on top of more RNG in a game filled with, well, RNG. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Was tagged while on vacation, but I thought I should circle back and defend the little guy. Itā€™s not as easy as it was back when we only had two seasons worth of heroes, but I still think he is fun to mess with on occasion. Danza was my first four-star yellow, so he was literally the hero to finally replace Bane in my lineup. At that point in the game, what I needed from a yellow hero was for them to not die so quickly. Danza gave me that. Heā€™s a hearty little guy compared to many of his peers. His rogue class helps, too, as does his bottle special (massive def up) and his swords special (massive blind). So heā€™s not bad at all. Heā€™s just inconsistent, and some folks canā€™t handle that. I actually used him to beat both the Dark Lord and Ursena (on hard). His useful specials are super good, and his one bad one isnā€™t so bad. My four-star yellows are still pretty awful, so he still gets a bit of burn, even without emblems. If I had the rogue emblems, Iā€™d probably beef him back up again, tbh, and I donā€™t think Iā€™d hesitate to LB him.

5 Likes

I wouldnā€™t LB him, but I do consider him when building a team for 4* raid tourneys. :slight_smile: he;s also fun for farming

3 Likes

My thing was running x2 Danzas so that odds of getting an OP special are high (at least 1 is 8/9, double freeze is only 1/9).

Heā€™s fun.

Heā€™s been left behind on stats and the newer 4* are sporting both 5* stats and powerful specials.

Like a classic sports car, fun and frustrating.

4 Likes

Pulled this guy today but he doesnā€™t seem like a priortyā€¦

1 Like

yeah, with so many other good 4* Yellows around, that 1/3 chance of Danzaā€™s to do nothing is just underwhelmingā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

My maxed yellows are Mist Gretel CB LiXiu so all mana control heroes.

But I have Sumitomo so I might end up leveling him after Onatel Cb Chao, and Scoratek and pair them for that 2% mana generation.

I still need heroes to make 12 teams for Wo3K

I want 2 copies actually. One for the original, the other for the costume for a total of 4 usable skills from those two. And I have Ptolemy to cover them both

I could never make him work in offense. And in defense he is almost always easy to take out (with the very occasional match-up where he destroys you with swords). In my experience just not worth it for a hero that doesnā€™t get with any other hero, has a chance of doing nothing at all, and even when he gets off a good skill it may not be the one you want and is still unlikely to be game changing.

I donā€™t think Malicna falls into this category as her specials have a lot of commonality and so can be considered a lot more reliable and can work decently well with other heroes, with no negative/zero version either.

Also, his nipples are somewhat disturbing.

3 Likes