Danza Crashes

Every time I click to view my Danzaburo the game crashes and reloads

"There was an error communicating with the asset server. This can be caused by using a proxy.

Please check your network settings or try a different network."

Literally as soon as I click on him it crashes. It doesn’t happen with any other hero or menu

Sounds like they upgraded his Freeze :sunglasses:

Here’s what SG recommends for crashes:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003971689-My-game-crashes-

But that sounds like something more than a resource issue. You may well have to submit a support ticket:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003269253-How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support-

The only other thing I can think of is to try connecting over WiFi to make sure you have a good path to the asset server.

Good luck on getting that fixed. It sounds really annoying.

5 Likes

Always on wifi (and happens on various wifi connections) , all updated etc and only happens on Danza. The game simply crashes as soon as I click to view Danaburo so I don’t even get chance to see his skill tree.

Trying to find a simple way to submit a ticket is a nightmare

Here’s the direct link:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’d pick “Technical Issue” as the category

If you need help finding your Account Identifier, just let me know.

2 Likes

Well reporting that was a waste of time…

My message:

'Every time I click on Danzaburo the game crashes and says

"Connection Error

There was an error communicating with the asset server. This can be caused by using a proxy.

Please check your network settings or try a different network."

When I click OK it loads the game straight back in as normal. This only happens when I open Danzaburo and no other hero.

It happens using wifi or my phones network internet. I do not use a proxy. I have tried various wifi connections

The reply / solution…

It looks like the issues you have experienced are related to issues with connectivity.
Empires & Puzzles is an online multiplayer game, it’s essential that you are connected to a reliable network and your device signal is strong.

Please try the following troubleshooting tips:

Restart your router (Turn off power then unplug. Plug back in, turn on power and try reconnecting)

Move your router. Depending on your router's range, objects like thick walls can interfere with the signal.

If you are using a wireless connection, check your router configuration and make sure the port 8443 is open.

Contact your service provider for further information.

Try another internet connection. We recommend playing over wireless (wifi) connection.

Please note that we unfortunately cannot offer compensation for problems related to connectivity.

I hope these will help and good luck in the battles!

So basically their advise is to do the things I’ve already done? I’m not looking for compensation, just alerting them to a bug they haven’t bothered to look in to.

Bit odd that it’s only one character it does this on… I’m not that bothered about Danza, I’ve maxed him and added a few emblems to him. I didn’t plan on upgrading him further. But if this bug happens to someone else I thought I’d report it.

I know I’d be annoyed if I’d started leveling a hero then couldnt open him/her to upgraded them without the game crashing

I’m sure the “compensation” part is just boilerplate because so many people ask for compensation after a problem like this.

The error message you got is probably very often a simple connectivity problem, so it makes sense that the first thing they’d do is advise you on how to deal with that.

I’d try responding with just what you’ve told me:

“I’m always on WiFi, and I have no connectivity issues. This seems to be a bug unrelated to connectivity.”

@petri, I know we’ve strayed into specific account issues and posting replies from support, which is usually where a bug report thread gets closed. But averagejoe33 is trying to do the right thing in raising this as a crash issue. Is there any other way he should be indicating that this doesn’t look like a connectivity issue to help the person responding to the ticket?

1 Like

Sounds like a network issue indeed, that error message is displayed when the game is unable to download the required assets due to a network blocking access to our asset server. As support advised, I would try again with a different network if that would help. Usually just connecting once to a different network will help already, as the required asset(s) will be only needed to be downloaded once.

1 Like

I’ve used 4 different wifi connections + my phone with my network coverage and get the same thing.

1 at work, 1 at home, 1 at the pub and another at a differen’t pub haha.

I’ve also turned wifi on and off and restarted the phone.

I appriciate the replies, I just thought maybe this isn’t just a connectivity issue as it’s one character consistently.

If it was a hero I was levelling I’d be annoyed with it, but…meh it’s Danza haha

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.