Dante's Alliance Wars Primer (with Video from Beta)

Hey…

Haven’t had a chance to get into the forum for several days, but ultimately wen’t with yellow. We’re not a powerhouse alliance so not seeing top tier hits against me, but for where we are, it’s been really effective. Of the wars we’ve had, when I get hit, usually what happens is I get hit four or five times and then they give up on hitting me. The whole team has only been taken out once.

I’ve always thought about AW as simple per hit differential, so if they use 5 hits and only average 7 points each, then we don’t have to do a lot to gain advantage… if we get 35 in one hit, then we have four hits we can use to catch up, extend a lead, or help offset if one of us has a bad hit.

Anyway… appreciate all the advice on the red and yellow options (color and placement). Will apply that elsewhere. :slight_smile:

Anyone know why we’re seeing so many red heroes in center?

(I know, prolly just looks that way, but…)

Lots of good red tanks. Often takes 2x blues to effectively kill a red tank.

Not many people have 12x good lvl 60-80 blue heros, so the last 3-6 AW hits usually suffer.

2 Likes

because there are a lot of tanky reds: for 5-star you have Ares, Azlar Marjana. Khagan and Elena will do ok. Kong too. for 4s you have BT and Colen, and Gormek will do in a pinch.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New balance Wars?

4 posts were split to a new topic: How do I opt out of War?

please keep this thread to the mechanics of how alliance wars work, not debating whether you should kick people out or not field a team.

thanks!

@Rook could you move these posts to a different thread when you get a min? thx.

1 Like

I heard that wiping out all of the opponents teams results in all of their teams being revived immediately instead of waiting on the individual timers. Is that true?

@munkeephun
yes this is true
20 char

1 Like

Thank you for the fast reply. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great overview? Had a couple questions that I don’t think I see addressed.

There is a Participate in Wars button on the war tab. How does that button work and impact the alliance?
1). Can it be used if a player is away without connectivity to indicate that they will not be battling?
2). By turning that flag off does it change the opponent alliance selected?
3). Is there a minimum number of players that must be flagged to participate in order to engage in alliance wars?

The ‘Participate in Wars’ checkbox is a new feature which didn’t exist at the time of this thread’s creation.

1. Yes. As long as there isn’t a war running or under preparation you can opt out for RL reasons and oot back in later. Depending on your alliance rules, you should tell the leaders what’s happening as well.
  2. Yes. The war matching system sorts by the number of participating alliance members. If you have opted out, your heroes don’t count towards the matching.
  3. As a leader of an alliance with one member, I can vouch that the minimum number needed for a war is just one member to participate.

So sad that the only comment they could think of after you shared a helpful post, was a personally negative one. You handled that much better than I would have. Hope you are feeling better.

Yes. It’s true and it can help your alliance win the war because you have the opportunity to score way more points than your opponent if they cannot achieve the same complete annihilation

This one had me chuckling - thx!

For clarification for my clan, if your opposition has some hurting heroes but you’re obviously overwhelmed and they have healers about to fire, it’s best to run, correct? As example, I had my 6th army working on some remnant foe GM, Krasshek, and Riggard. Had GM down to nothing, and K and R were about to fire. At that point, I should have fled because I was on fumes. I did not, they fire, and ended up leaving an almost fully charged GM rather than a deeply wounded GM on my ungraceful defeat.

Yes. If you’re down to very low health and you don’t anticipate being able to cause any more significant damage then it’s best to flee before a healer fires and cancels all your progress. Same is true for field aid wars. Keep an eye on the bar to make sure you aren’t caught off guard.

3 Likes

Or if it’s down to your healer and alberich about to fire and potentially raise dead heroes.

1 Like

While watching the video of your battle I was bewildered by how fast your heroes were getting killed. It looked like one of my 3s going up against those 4s & 5s. It looked like some of your Troops were not even leveled up at all. I leveled up my Troops to as high as they will go in the level barracks I have now. You have a supermarket of high powered heroes that are all maxed out. Compare it to me and my 20 something 3s, five 4s, and my one single 5 you look like John D. Rockefeller. :money_mouth_face:

I’ve been switching my Troops back and forth from High Defensive/Low Attack to L.D./H.A. and then I’ve tried with Mid Level on both. I’ve noticed a difference, not a large one, but a difference.
I’ve settled putting the H.D./L.A. troops on the healers and the High Attack Troops on my heavy hitters.
I see most of the top players have their troops level 15 and up. My question is do you feel troops make a big difference during your battles? Also, during that beta war did you get to reuse Troops? I know we get to reuse Troops in our Alliance Wars now.

troops make a difference yes but not more than heroes. What really makes the difference are mana troops (the 4 star ones that increase mana speed). I mean level what you got but i don’t pay attention to nor have i leveled any troops under 4 star troops as it wasn’t going to get me much for where I was playing in the game.

if i had to choose to level 3 star troops i’d choose the ones that gave attack, defense, and hit points not any with the healing bonus.