My husband is playing the game in Danish language.
He showed me several examples of hero descriptions having the words enemies and allies mixed up to mean the opposite.
The description for Ariel says:
All enemies (fjender) get + 24% mana in 4 turns.
The description for Morel:
All allies (allierede) get - 34% defense for 3 turns.
It is like that on many hero descriptions, what obviously is pretty confusing. He says he have to change for English language, to check the right description of new heroes.
I noticed that too when I was looking at Ariel in the portal, thanks for posting it
The odd thing is that it on one hero card can be right for some of the description and wrong for some like this:
The Danish description of mana x 1:
All allies get + 42% defense for 3 rounds
Mana x 2
All allies get - 42% defense for 5 rounds
As I see @Dudeious.Maximus has liked your post so I think he might already notified Staff about it.
@Petri Will staff be looking in to this?
Thank you for the report, we’ll look into this translation issue here!
Thank you @Petri
I know all the Danish game community will be very happy about that
I haven’t been aware of it being an issue for years in my native language, when leading an international alliance and then always have been playing the game in English language.
As an Danish player myself. I totally agree on the issue. So for you to reach out to the higher people that can fix it is amazing. Cause it will make it a lot easier to understand what the hero does even on Danish
I wrote to support earlier, no reply at all.
This is the description for the advanced house… It says "A buiA building…
And the alchemy lab is hard to figure out… The first 2 options are the same (uncommon from common)
I’ll gladly do all the spelling for you for a Black Knight
What an awkward translation That could really be confusing in battle!
How are these things translated? I’m actually curious about the process
I have translated for another app once. I was given access to a document with a table content. Very simple. One colomn with the english word or phase and the next colomn was for the translation.
I think that the devs had used Google translate for a start. And in many cases that was okay.
But I don’t think that is the case in E&P. If you look at my first picture with “A buiA building…” that is clearly nok a Google translate.
Ah intriguing, thank you for sharing
Thanks @Petri, hopefully you can get it fixed by next update or sooner. Since the last update lots of things are wrong in Danish.
Not just from the latest update.
It was always wrong…
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.