Dangerous ads on mystic vision

I know you switched the mystic vision ads provider recently (about the same time as everyone started having problems and mystic vision was disabled for a few days). I had to whitelist a new site in my pi.hole ad blocker to let the ads come through (never had to do that with standard google ads).

I would think the switch was made because it pays you more money, I have no problem with that but I do see an issue when you put the users at risk of fraud.

I mostly always get the same animal wood puzzle ads at 85% discount. It’s the same ad (video) but strangely from different websites.

One of them is bebeboo.shop which has a trust score of 5.8% (https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/bebeboo-shop-review/). They claim 85% discount because of a store closure, I bet anything you buy there will never arrive to your door and the website will simply cease to exist in a few months (the website has been created 6 weeks ago only).

Another one is eshopidly.com, which I clicked by mistake and was surprised that my ASUS router blocked the site because it is classified as fraudulent which is how I started getting suspicious.

So is it the game now, putting your user base at risk of fraud to make more money?

That’s a serious question.

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Inappropriate Ads/ Mystic Vision MASTER