Damage Calculation

@SolemnWolf The new formula definitely makes more sense, tho is θ an evenly distributed random between e^-0.5 and e^0.5 or is it a curve such that it’s usually around 1? I think you had something about a Guassian curve in your older version of the post? Most low damage hits seem to be near each other in my experience, otherwise even for low damage hits near 30 we’d see more 15 and 58 damage hits when θ was 0.6 or 1.6.

So maybe a full version of the formula would be?:

100 * TileD * ((θ * AttackSum / DefenseSum) ^ 1.35) * ( ColorBonus + Crit)

Where:
AttackSum = (Attack Stats of a hero * Troop buffs) for each hero * Skill% * Combos * Buffs
DefenseSum = Defense Stat of target * EnemyBonus * Buffs

TileD = 1/3 if it’s a tile, else 1
Combos = 1, 1.1, 1.2 etc depending on cascading combo multiplier for tiles, else 1
Skill% = skill stat in decimal form, else 1 if not a skill
Buffs = 1 + Skill Buffs [only 1 buff/debuff of the same type can be active at once]
EnemyBonus = 1.2 if the target is an enemy of the active player in PVP, else 1
ColorBonus = 2, .5, or 1 for tile damage depending on color strengths/weaknesses, else 1 for non tiles
Crit = 1 if it’s both a tile and rolled a crit (base 0 chance, increased with troops / skills), else 0
θ = a random number between e^-0.5 and e^0.5 with a Guassian curve distribution of σ^2=1
Note: The special effects of certain skills can change a number of these stats

Or did I mis-order something?

Edit: Fixed ColorBonus / Crit interaction via Kerridoc’s and SolemnWolf’s help. Thanks!

4 Likes