Damage Calculation

Was the formula for defense special listed (i.e. special attacks against your team)? I see special, but I believe that may be offensive special only. Does anyone have the calc for specials being sent AGAINST your team (or is it same as specials you send against enemy)

I am not sure this was listed in the post, so I will list what I have seen: I have seen that the damage for type special type of ‘and minor damage to nearby’ (at least for Ramming pulverizer, and with special skills at 8) is:

(78x((att/def))^1.33) / 2

In other words, compute the normal damage, and simply halve it. i have seen this on farming levels, where there are 3 identical enemies. The damage to the 2 side enemies is 1/2 (with a little random variable to it). But is simple the normal computed damage value, reduced AFTER the normal computation.

I can not say that ALL of the hero attack types which are ‘minor damage to nearby’ are 50%, I have not studied. I simply have observed for ramming pulverizer, and my observation is ONLY from special level 8. It may be that this percentage is smaller if the special level is not fully maxed out. Knowing that would be ‘good’, but most people reading this post are smart enough to only run heros at skill level 8 anyway.

When I use ‘back of the hand’ comparison of teams (i.e. not sitting down and really crunching numbers), I give those heros 2x damage. The hit 1 of course get 1x. The ‘and nearby’ get 3x, and the ‘all’ get 5x. Those of course are best case estimates, since you might have to use a ramming pulverizor to kill a lone rigard in the corner who is charged (and alone), scoring only the main special, to make sure he does not heal everyone.

However, cudo’s to the OP of this thread. VERY VERY informative on how to compare/rate setting up attack teams, and their expectation of handling the defense team presented.