Damage Calculation

5 Likes

What guvnor posted.

Not exact, but it’s pretty close.

3 Likes

The reason why I use tile damage, is more data points.

@Garanwyn, @Kerridoc, myself and others strongly suspect a soft cap on the attack stat. Without the mechanics of the soft cap, the actual random variable is unknowable since variation can be attributed to both the change in soft cap and the random damage.

(Search results for 'Attack stat soft cap ' - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

No, I get that, but there’s a meaningful (and significant) difference between whether a special multiplier goes inside or outside of the exponent. For a given Attack, Defense, and θ, if the special multiplier modifies the attack, Lianna’s special will do 906.8% the damage that three tiles would, while if it modifies the damage (outside the exponent), it only does 512%, which is quite a significant difference.

And, because it is such a significant difference, it shouldn’t require as many data points to demonstrate the skew.

1 Like

Idk if this is the correct place to post this but I can’t help but wonder what’s happening with the algorithms when raiding. I just went into the tournament with 3 green to take down 2 blue. I counted & got roughly 5 tiles of green so in essence I couldn’t light up my green hero’s & they took me down :woman_facepalming:t2: But I’ve noticed a change in tiles when attacking the Titan as well. Are there changes being made? I can’t get tiles in colors I need anymore making it nearly impossible to beat my opponent, or at least, for the most part, close to impossible. What’s happening? Anyone know?

This is a good point.

If you can figure it out, awesome.

But there are many other factors that get really weird you might have too many hidden design decisions ( see notes)

I really really really wish SGG was more transparent about damage calculation. It would make checking for bugs, and planning team tactics, much easier.

Notes

1 Like

This comes up often.

see

(Color Stacking Fairness Project)

and 44 other linked topics.

Not even sure what the current merge topic.

2 Likes

Nope, you simply add their attacks together. The reason this 1.1 appears in this specific case is because these tiles are part of a combo. You can see in the picture “combo 2; attaque x 1.1”

1 Like

That’s great, I’ll try to check my videos here to contribute with some data.

1 Like

Gracias

Can you please discard my last entry (892 Atk, 904 Def, 131%, 224 damage)?
Reason: I checked the wrong Leonidas :sweat:

I’m working on it, doing some tests.

Had been doing some tests to see whether Guin ( at +14 or +17) can survive a 3 tile match of purple mono around 4500 cummulative attack.
Frankly with the random parameter in the damage formula any planning is pointless( not to mention crit hits in strong colour )

As I didn’t see above whether was confirmed - there is a critical on top of the strong colour - you can see picture - 3 tile match - 2 strong and 1 crit tile.

Data :
The mono purple used is 4425 attack after troops
Guin is 907 defense after troops + 20% bonus for defense = 1088 defense. It seems for every tile the random parameter is different.

1 Like

Is the defender 20% attack/defense bonuses applied after the card stat multiplied by troop bonus?

I just faced Sartana (no emblem) with attack stat (card) = 694 and her troop give bonus 14% attack.

Her card DoT is 294. While her real DoT is 402.

If defender attack bonus is stacked with troops, it will be +34%:
294 × 1.34 = 393 (incorrect)

If defender attack bonus is applied after the attack in card is multiplied by troop bonus, then:
Attack after troop = 694 × 1.14 = 791 (this was the attack that was shown when I click her during raid)
Attack after defender bonus = 791 × 1.2 = 949
DoT = 294 × (949/791) = 402 (correct)

1 Like

@yelnats_24 Funnily enough, attack value doesn’t show hidden attack bonus, but DoT value does, so:

294 * 1.14 * 1.20 =~ 402

2 Likes

Still one of the best threads on the forum

Wish we’d see more like these again…

6 Likes

How does Brienne’s costume work? It says that the enemy’s armor is decreased by 4% per hit. So does that mean every consecutive tile that hits the enemy is slightly stronger.

So for example, when you fire 3 straight tiles at the enemy, will each tile be slightly stronger than the previous? So does that make each tile independent of each other?

Yup, precisely :slight_smile:

Thank you for the answer.

Have you considered the possibility of θ being bounded by golden ratios?

2 / (1 + 5^0.5) ≈ 0.618
(1 + 5^0.5) / 2 ≈ 1.618

It would fit the data tighter (if it fits), and is probably what a dev would use if he was a big golden ratio fan like me. Otherwise, your exp(-0.5) & exp(0.5) is probably what most “normal” people would use. :smile:

1 Like