Damage Calculation

Do you have a screen shot of this issue? It sounds odd, or I’m not understanding you.

2 Likes

i can try to get one but its hard to time it to show the damage in battle

Sorry not sure if it’s mentioned in any other comments, but if you power 0.606 and 1.649 by 1.3, you get a variance 0.52 - 1.92. For such massive range, even if you multiply this “random parameter” by anything - even random generated numbers would get good results.

I actually believe it is more likely subtraction rather than division of defense numbers. But we definitely need to get variance in regions of 0.91 - 1.1 before we can say what it actually is.

1 Like

How do you know that? This information is hidden in the game. Or not?

Research and calculation I would assume.
Should be relatively easy to work the formula the other way to find out titans stats(I think it’s safe to assume that titans use the same damage formula).

1 Like

There is this thread that has titan hit points (note it all could have changed by now) but nothing about defense.

In raids, does the defense get an attack bonus ? For instance an opponent’s GM dot with a lvl13 mana troop ticks for 216 damage. No buff at all. Mine ticks at 180ich with a lvl15 mana troop.

Didn’t read the whole threat but what about the crit troop bonus when stacking colors. How is it computed amongst the other heroes of the same color who don’t have a crit troop ? What if they all have a crit troop, does the crit bonus stack ?

Yes. It’s always been like that. Defense attacks and specials have 20% increase

1 Like

Fantasik work !!! Congrats :clap::clap::clap:

Do we know how defensive buffs stack into this equation? Sure seems to be like “defense against special skills” either isn’t working or doesn’t work like it should.

I have an enemy Alasie attacking me with no attack buffs, hitting my Hansel with a 30% defense buff from Victor and his 75% against special skills self buff, and doing almost 700 damage. I feel like that 75% defense isn’t doing a damn thing. With the 30% defense buff active my defense score is 945. Alasie is attacking with 894. Spirit arrow does 462%. Naturally I assume the defense buffs aren’t multiplicative but even still I should have a defense against that hit far greater. For reference against an unbuffed rigard with 747 defense alasie hit for 930.

This comes from the random parameter in the formula. The 700 damage is most probably because she hit close to the top of the random variable (the zero with a line in it).

In your situation, where she has a really high attack %, it can make the damage margin really large. She could probably have done as low as under 400 damage if she hit the bottom of the random parameter.

good point, The formula indicates that for a 1/1 attack on defense ratio, the damage range would be between 50 and 196… @SolemnWolf are you sure there is not an error in the formula or do data really show such a great variability?

It’s not 1:1, had the 75% “defense against special skills” buff on top of the advertised defense score.

Is it possible that the damage formula has been adjusted?

The damage with my Leonidas, Magni and Caedmon over the last 2 weeks or so seems lower than what the curve in the initial post shows. I’ve collected some data (the values for damage and the attack and defense values of the heroes when you click on them during the raid battle) and put the two together. This is how it looks (I hope the upload works):
grafik

Here is my curve with damage over the attack-defense ratio.

So far, I have only found a good polynomial fit:
attack-defense ratio = 4,994E-17 x^6 – 1,988E-13 x^5 + 2,642E-10 x^4 – 1,218E-07 x^3 +1,297E-05 x^2 + 1,038E-02 x
with x = damage
grafik

and
Damage = 1,91029E-07 x^8 – 2,88399E-05 x^7 + 1,79085E-03 x^6 – 5,85549E-02 x^5 +1,06369E+00 x^4 -1,01844E+01 x^3 + 3,94013E+01 x^2 + 7,07666E+01 x
with x = (total attack / total defense)

Not as elegant as the exponential formula above :frowning:

Maybe somebody can check this and verify that the damage formula has been adjusted?

1 Like

Are you accounting for the 20% defense boost that AI-run defense teams get?

During the raid battle when I click on the hero it shows the current attack, defense and HP:

This Grimm has now 397 defense, which I used for my diagram. When I check him in the watchtower again, his initial defense is 361 and his troop provides a 10% defense boost, which results in 361 x 1,1 = 397 defense.

So there is no 20% defense boost shown and therefore I didn’t use a 20% defense boost for my diagram. Any boost like Magni’s defense boost, Boldtusk’s attack boost or Wu Kong’s boost are shown when I click on the hero (and is then be considered in my diagram).

Is the 20% boost applied but not shown?
When I add 20% defense, the curve is shifted slightly to the left but doesn’t merge with the initial curve:
grafik

So I’m a little bit confused. If applicable, I would expect such a 20% defense boost to be shown in the stats when I click on a hero during battle, but I may very well overlook something. :slight_smile:

I made the same mistake, that 20% defense bonus doesn’t show up on raid defense team and therefore skew the whole calculation.

3 Likes

There look to be at least two curves embedded there, to my eye. You can see how there are two discrete blue curves in there toward the high damage end. Are you combining hits against you from the defense team with hits by you against the defense?

Also, how are you getting Att/Def ratios in the neighborhood of 30 to 50? That seems remarkably high.

1 Like

The high Att/Def ratios come from 3 star enemy heroes and lower. I dropped in raid to get more data points and am currently at (close to) 0. There are even some non-leveled 1 stars there and my Magni (at 3-70) is happy :smiley:

The curve now consists of something like

• 40 normal attacks from my team

• 26 normal attacks from the enemy team

• 4 special attacks from the enemy team

• 330 special attacks from my team

• 6 normal attacks from my team during war

• 17 special attacks from my team during war

The single gem damages were tripled. Weak damage values were also doubled, strong damage values were halved.

So yes, I combined hits from my own team with those from the enemy team, both fit well with each other.

A few points are now included in orange from the current war:

grafik

It looks to me like those war points fit very well with the raid points. For those war points I did the same procedure.

• take the attack values and defense values by tapping on the heroes during battle
  • Att values for special attacks are calculated as: Att = indicated Att x Special attack multiplier (e.g. Magni has 799 Att with his troops, so 799 x 4,2 = 3355; with Boldtusk and Wu Kong bonus it’s (799 + 1857) x 4,2 = 11,155)

Also for war the values shown during battle are: initial hero’s stat x troop boost x current boost from special

Here’s the updated logarithmic curve with the added curve for a 20% defense boost (in yellow) and the few new war points (in orange)

=> it looks to me like there is no 20% defense boost for raid battles

So I think I can explain the two curves I’m seeing then. There’s also a 20% attack boost that the defenders get, but which doesn’t appear if you click on them. That will probably push the two curves together.